Documentary Thread

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 14 Nov 2017, 01:43

The other night on the ‘Flix I done watched “Ice Guardians”, a film about the tru heroes of the NHL: the people that punch other people in the head for a living. I enjoyed that there was a Belfast Giants player in it, made me a proud fan (lol). The footage from the old games was really good & the player interviews were great but some of the talking heads they interviewed looked weird: one clinical psychologist woman looked like a thumb wearing a wig, and they also had some apparently famous Canadian actor/director who looked like the homeless man’s Shia Leboeuf with a meth addiction. Overall, would recommend.
#2C4S
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby Rodney Farva » 30 Dec 2017, 22:43

I saw Gilbert on the hulu. nothing surprising - weird comedian is awkward, weird guy in real life. I enjoyed it though.

Ball, Artie is in it and looks awful. Thought you’d like to know.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby ctz31 » 05 Jan 2018, 10:27

I decided to put my thinking cap on last night and peruse a doc on mr. bacon's rec, called 13th, referring to the 13th amendment, which allegedly ended slavery IIRC.

It was real interesting and thought provoking. And it almost sounded like a work of fiction that the blacks put together because everything they said made us white's sound so terrible. I learned a lot of new stuff, so i guess i never paid attention in school. I shoulda attended to aunt viv's black history course at bel-air high I guess.

Things i did not know that i found interesting:

-That after slavery they needed to save the economy so they just started arresting blacks for basically nothing to take away their freedom and put them back to work.
- them lynching photos were haunting. what dirtbags we were!
- mr. b: have you seen that one film they were talking about that was produced after slavery. I can't remember the damn name but i'd like to hear a preview of the film if you have.
- i remember enjoying the nixon section. I don't know too much about him, but he seemed to really hate the negros and it seems he was the catalyst behind locking y'all up
- i thought reagan was always fondly remembered as a great president in OUR country, but this painted him and his saucy wipe in a bad light. thoughts?
- i also thought clinton was considered a friend to the blacks, but this makes it sound like he was horrible for your people.
- i had never heard the story of a coupla activists, specifically one, i think his last name was hamilton or something, that was just straight up murked by pohleese while he slept in his bed? that was crazy. another one too, some women we threw in jail.
- I kinda got bored at the end w the whole ALEC and private prison talk but that was all new to me too.

It was very good. I'd rec it to other smart people. We whites suck! T's mr. b.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 05 Jan 2018, 10:44

Birth of a Nation, 31. Only seen clips of it myself. From what I can gather, it's no Howard the Duck.
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 05 Jan 2018, 10:54

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Birth of a Nation, 31. Only seen clips of it myself. From what I can gather, it's no Howard the Duck.

What about Waterworld?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby ctz31 » 05 Jan 2018, 12:28

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Birth of a Nation, 31. Only seen clips of it myself. From what I can gather, it's no Howard the Duck.

What about Waterworld?

TY. I heard the kite's watch this every year as a family around the holidays.
ctz31
#nnf

Previous

Return to Movies