Documentary Thread

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby chrisco » 28 Sep 2016, 15:07

Yeah I peeped this on the Showtime months ago and prolly posted on this messageboard how it was right in the Colonel's wheelhouse.
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 10837
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 14 Oct 2016, 13:51

I watched a short documentary on Sky Sports the other night called "Three Seconds". It was about how YOU PEOPLE lost the gold medal basketball game at the 1972 Olympics.

I was disappointed by a lack of sportsmanship from the Americans, who couldn't accept the fact that they were unable to stop the Soviet Union from advancing the ball 94 feet in under three seconds and getting a free layup, despite already seeing the exact play that CCCP ran thanks to the FIBA / IOC scorer's table icing the Soviets by blowing the horn early.

Ironically, if they had formed a fucking wall, the Communists would not have won.

Contrast this with the attitude of the Soviet hockey team, who despite having their goalie drugged by a US agency (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musings_o ... g_Man#Plot ) manned up & accepted the result.

I just wish that Doug Collins and his misguided teammates would accept the silver medals that they earned.
#2C4S

Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Jew Jitsu » 14 Oct 2016, 15:17

What a bunch of colossal pussies. Literally taking the ball and going home. As adults lol
ctz31 - Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 pm: Also blood people told me no alcohol for 24 hours. I made it 1.5.
User avatar
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 8263
Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 15:12
Location: Sunset Blvd., North Pole

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby mj3528 » 14 Oct 2016, 15:28

Mario Speedwagon wrote:I watched a short documentary on Sky Sports the other night called "Three Seconds". It was about how YOU PEOPLE lost the gold medal basketball game at the 1972 Olympics.

I was disappointed by a lack of sportsmanship from the Americans, who couldn't accept the fact that they were unable to stop the Soviet Union from advancing the ball 94 feet in under three seconds and getting a free layup, despite already seeing the exact play that CCCP ran thanks to the FIBA / IOC scorer's table icing the Soviets by blowing the horn early.

Ironically, if they had formed a fucking wall, the Communists would not have won.

Contrast this with the attitude of the Soviet hockey team, who despite having their goalie drugged by a US agency (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musings_o ... g_Man#Plot ) manned up & accepted the result.

I just wish that Doug Collins and his misguided teammates would accept the silver medals that they earned.


I watched I think it was part of a 30 for 30 on this, and I said in the box that the U.S. team did not get screwed as much as people say or think. People gave me shit for that, but I stand by my statement.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
User avatar
mj3528
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 7953
Joined: 05 Mar 2008, 18:41

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 15 Oct 2016, 18:42

mj3528 wrote:
Mario Speedwagon wrote:I watched a short documentary on Sky Sports the other night called "Three Seconds". It was about how YOU PEOPLE lost the gold medal basketball game at the 1972 Olympics.

I was disappointed by a lack of sportsmanship from the Americans, who couldn't accept the fact that they were unable to stop the Soviet Union from advancing the ball 94 feet in under three seconds and getting a free layup, despite already seeing the exact play that CCCP ran thanks to the FIBA / IOC scorer's table icing the Soviets by blowing the horn early.

Ironically, if they had formed a fucking wall, the Communists would not have won.

Contrast this with the attitude of the Soviet hockey team, who despite having their goalie drugged by a US agency (source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musings_o ... g_Man#Plot ) manned up & accepted the result.

I just wish that Doug Collins and his misguided teammates would accept the silver medals that they earned.


I watched I think it was part of a 30 for 30 on this, and I said in the box that the U.S. team did not get screwed as much as people say or think. People gave me shit for that, but I stand by my statement.


The US weren't screwed at all.

The US team admitted they didn't adequately scout the Soviets, they underestimated them & then played a poor tactical game. But, yeah, blame some Italian volunteer or whomever was running the scorer's table, which is easier than admitting that the Communists were better than you on the day.
#2C4S

Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Frank the Tank » 16 Oct 2016, 12:16

mj3528 wrote:I said in the box that the U.S. team did not get screwed as much as people say or think.


OK.

Mario Speedwagon wrote:The US weren't screwed at all.


No.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
User avatar
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet
 
Posts: 30969
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:34

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby JichaelDick » 16 Oct 2016, 17:08

I think it was an HBO thing, MJ. We do have major revisionist history on that last play, where more than one of our guys said that a defender got shoved in the back when we just fell and gave up the wide-open layup. And Speedy's right, Henry Iba didn't play that the best way because we thought we were way better (and there's also the whole "had Bill Walton played, it probably wouldn't have mattered" deal, but we'll X-post that to the "John Wooden vs. Bob Knight" thread).

That said, they broke the rules to give the Soviets extra chances. We had every right to be upset.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 24671
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby God Shamgod » 18 Oct 2016, 12:26

My dad still jerks off about how clutch Doug Collins free throws were in that game. I enjoy how bitter they are about the whole thing. Might as well go all the way with it now.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5458
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby SouthernYokel » 18 Oct 2016, 15:08

God Shamgod wrote:My dad still jerks off about how clutch Doug Collins free throws were in that game. I enjoy how bitter they are about the whole thing. Might as well go all the way with it now.


nobody ever talks about how we ringed the arena with SAMs but cried foul when the rooskies tried to put just one itsy bitsy nuke inside the concession stand nacho cheese machine.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 27989
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 18 Oct 2016, 15:18

SouthernYokel wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:My dad still jerks off about how clutch Doug Collins free throws were in that game. I enjoy how bitter they are about the whole thing. Might as well go all the way with it now.


nobody ever talks about how we ringed the arena with SAMs but cried foul when the rooskies tried to put just one itsy bitsy nuke inside the concession stand nacho cheese machine.


Your DTF impression needs work, son.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 20269
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby SouthernYokel » 18 Oct 2016, 15:22

Gregs Kite wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
God Shamgod wrote:My dad still jerks off about how clutch Doug Collins free throws were in that game. I enjoy how bitter they are about the whole thing. Might as well go all the way with it now.


nobody ever talks about how we ringed the arena with SAMs but cried foul when the rooskies tried to put just one itsy bitsy nuke inside the concession stand nacho cheese machine.


Your DTF impression needs work, son.


no time for 500 words, i had to go for the twitter version
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 27989
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby BigJohnStudd » 26 Oct 2016, 02:16

Image
User avatar
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit
 
Posts: 3174
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 00:01

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 30 Oct 2016, 07:44

BigJohnStudd wrote:Image


It me.
#2C4S

Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 02 Nov 2016, 14:47

Raiders! (on Netflix)

The documentary about those kids in Mississippi who did the shot-for-shot remake of Raiders of the Lost Ark, and their quest to film the only scene they never could film when they were kids (the airplane scene).

Highly recommend.

User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 17235
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Jan 2017, 09:45

Last night I popped a Tylenol PM and peeped Duff McKagan's doc. He did a lot of drinking. Like, ctz levels. His wife is hot.

Image
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 20269
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

PreviousNext

Return to Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest