Documentary Thread

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 17 Jul 2016, 06:15

I watched Pacific Warriors on the 'flix last night.

It's about all the Polynesian rugby players in different World Cup teams. Not great, would not recommend.
#2C4S

Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby God Shamgod » 17 Jul 2016, 08:53

I watched that DJ AM doc too. I was casually aware of who he was, but had no idea he was part of the early 2000's nu metal rap/rock group Crazy Town...you're my butterfly sugar baby.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5458
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 21 Jul 2016, 15:37

ANVIL: The Story Of Anvil was pretty fuckin' good. Like a real life Spinal Tap.

Audible catz from me in the closing credits when they mentioned the Prague gig.
#2C4S

Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby ctz31 » 30 Aug 2016, 08:13

I watched a doc on the flix last evening called Hot Girls Wanted, or something like that. It is an hour and 22 min yarn about amateur females going to florida to partake in pornographic filmography. It was sorta interesting. These girls make like $800 a scene, and usually flame out within 1-3 months. Whatta career. The greats can last about a year. Meanwhile the guys running these things are making money hand over fist, and there is a new batch of girls every day. Merica.

Some of this seemed very contrived. Like the scene where this one girl went home and told her parents about her career path. Ya know, made for tv type shit. But those scenes personalized the young girls plight. Caused me to look her up and j/o to her at 11:30pm, when the program was over. I have a couple other girls to look into when i get a chance as well. Worth a watch I guess.
User avatar
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD
 
Posts: 8410
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 30 Aug 2016, 08:26

ctz31 wrote:I watched a doc on the flix last evening called Hot Girls Wanted, or something like that. It is an hour and 22 min yarn about amateur females going to florida to partake in pornographic filmography. It was sorta interesting. These girls make like $800 a scene, and usually flame out within 1-3 months. Whatta career. The greats can last about a year. Meanwhile the guys running these things are making money hand over fist, and there is a new batch of girls every day. Merica.

Some of this seemed very contrived. Like the scene where this one girl went home and told her parents about her career path. Ya know, made for tv type shit. But those scenes personalized the young girls plight. Caused me to look her up and j/o to her at 11:30pm, when the program was over. I have a couple other girls to look into when i get a chance as well. Worth a watch I guess.

Is that the film that Rashida Jones (Karen Fillapelli) wrote, directed, or backed with money? I forget which.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep
 
Posts: 28655
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby ctz31 » 30 Aug 2016, 08:26

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
ctz31 wrote:I watched a doc on the flix last evening called Hot Girls Wanted, or something like that. It is an hour and 22 min yarn about amateur females going to florida to partake in pornographic filmography. It was sorta interesting. These girls make like $800 a scene, and usually flame out within 1-3 months. Whatta career. The greats can last about a year. Meanwhile the guys running these things are making money hand over fist, and there is a new batch of girls every day. Merica.

Some of this seemed very contrived. Like the scene where this one girl went home and told her parents about her career path. Ya know, made for tv type shit. But those scenes personalized the young girls plight. Caused me to look her up and j/o to her at 11:30pm, when the program was over. I have a couple other girls to look into when i get a chance as well. Worth a watch I guess.

Is that the film that Rashida Jones (Karen Fillapelli) wrote, directed, or backed with money? I forget which.


Yes, I remember seeing her name involved. Also, who is Rashida Jones?
User avatar
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD
 
Posts: 8410
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Briandong79 » 30 Aug 2016, 08:28

ctz31 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
ctz31 wrote:I watched a doc on the flix last evening called Hot Girls Wanted, or something like that. It is an hour and 22 min yarn about amateur females going to florida to partake in pornographic filmography. It was sorta interesting. These girls make like $800 a scene, and usually flame out within 1-3 months. Whatta career. The greats can last about a year. Meanwhile the guys running these things are making money hand over fist, and there is a new batch of girls every day. Merica.

Some of this seemed very contrived. Like the scene where this one girl went home and told her parents about her career path. Ya know, made for tv type shit. But those scenes personalized the young girls plight. Caused me to look her up and j/o to her at 11:30pm, when the program was over. I have a couple other girls to look into when i get a chance as well. Worth a watch I guess.

Is that the film that Rashida Jones (Karen Fillapelli) wrote, directed, or backed with money? I forget which.


Yes, I remember seeing her name involved. Also, who is Rashida Jones?


Karen from The Office/Ann from Parks & Rec.

I see that movie on Netflix sometimes and it always has like a 1 star review, and I can never decide if it's because SJWs are mad about the subject matter or guys looking to j/o that are disappointed that there isn't more nudity. I lean towards the latter.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 29052
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby ctz31 » 30 Aug 2016, 08:50

Briandong79 wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
ctz31 wrote:I watched a doc on the flix last evening called Hot Girls Wanted, or something like that. It is an hour and 22 min yarn about amateur females going to florida to partake in pornographic filmography. It was sorta interesting. These girls make like $800 a scene, and usually flame out within 1-3 months. Whatta career. The greats can last about a year. Meanwhile the guys running these things are making money hand over fist, and there is a new batch of girls every day. Merica.

Some of this seemed very contrived. Like the scene where this one girl went home and told her parents about her career path. Ya know, made for tv type shit. But those scenes personalized the young girls plight. Caused me to look her up and j/o to her at 11:30pm, when the program was over. I have a couple other girls to look into when i get a chance as well. Worth a watch I guess.

Is that the film that Rashida Jones (Karen Fillapelli) wrote, directed, or backed with money? I forget which.


Yes, I remember seeing her name involved. Also, who is Rashida Jones?


Karen from The Office/Ann from Parks & Rec.

I see that movie on Netflix sometimes and it always has like a 1 star review, and I can never decide if it's because SJWs are mad about the subject matter or guys looking to j/o that are disappointed that there isn't more nudity. I lean towards the latter.


Oooh, i googled her, she's pretty attractive. Based on the name I was expecting a fat n*gger.

I don't know why a guy would expect to tug to a netflix doc. You get to know the girls and their personal situations, what led them to this type of desperation. Then you tug to them on a pornography site.
User avatar
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD
 
Posts: 8410
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby chrisco » 30 Aug 2016, 18:46

SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
the cheese wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I don't want to intrude on Speedwagons thread too much, but I watched a documentary on DJ AM. I'm sure you've all seen it. It was pretty interesting. I was not aware that he survived that same plane crash with Travis Barker. The man loved his crack. If you guys are as fascinated with DJs as I am, I can give this a rec.


I thought he burned to death?


He was badly burned, but ultimately OD'd on crack in his NY apartment the next year.


So he's still dead? That's a relief.


:lol: congrats

TRU dead pool fans would remember that I picked DJ AM and still lost....either to Stalker on Ledger or on Flush grinding out 4 singles.

ETA: I did not lose to Stalker. Heath died a year before.
SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 10845
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby God Shamgod » 31 Aug 2016, 15:03

Watched the Identify Theft of Mitch Mustain on Amazon. Documentary about 5 star QB who stays home at Arkansas in 2006. All sorts of shenanigans involving boosters hiring his high school coach to get him to sign against the wishes of the current head coach who goes along to keep his job. Starts off his career 8-0 as a starter, gets benched and transfers to USC, never really heard from again. Bad look for Gus Malzahn, Huston Nutt, and the State of Arkansas. Mustain is also kind of a weirdo and didn't appear to LOVE FOOTBAWR.
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5458
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby JichaelDick » 31 Aug 2016, 16:22

God Shamgod wrote:Watched the Identify Theft of Mitch Mustain on Amazon. Documentary about 5 star QB who stays home at Arkansas in 2006. All sorts of shenanigans involving boosters hiring his high school coach to get him to sign against the wishes of the current head coach who goes along to keep his job. Starts off his career 8-0 as a starter, gets benched and transfers to USC, never really heard from again. Bad look for Gus Malzahn, Huston Nutt, and the State of Arkansas. Mustain is also kind of a weirdo and didn't appear to LOVE FOOTBAWR.


I remember reading somebody (I think Stephen Godfrey) going to interview Arkansas boosters around the time Bielema was hired, and that whole situation really blew the state up and caused a HUGE rift between the NW Arkansas boosters (like your Walmart and Tyson folks) and the Little Rock boosters (the old money and political movers and shakers), because the NW Arkansas guys wanted rid of Nutt and wanted Malzahn as head coach, and the LR folks basically were like "Fuck you, Malzahn is a fraud." Supposedly, the Little Rock contingent threatened to pull their support if Malzahn had been hired in 2013.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 24681
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Dang ol' Arlen, Texas, man

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 22 Sep 2016, 14:29

Last night I watched the Michael Moore jawn "Where To Invade Next". I tell you where he should invade next, the office of a decent film editor because this was incoherent and all over the show.

Each film since Roger & Me is worse than the one that precedes it - quite an achievement.
#2C4S

Image
User avatar
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies
 
Posts: 6018
Joined: 21 Oct 2011, 11:04

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby OJ8871440 » 25 Sep 2016, 00:24

Mario Speedwagon wrote:Last night I watched the Michael Moore jawn "Where To Invade Next". I tell you where he should invade next, the office of a decent film editor because this was incoherent and all over the show.

Each film since Roger & Me is worse than the one that precedes it - quite an achievement.


It was very messy; at least before it was simple

Sicko---healthcare system is bad
Bowling for Columbine---guns are bad
Fahrenheit 9/11---George W Bush is bad

This was: schools are bad! No wait, no vacation time is bad! No wait, the jails are bad!

Just gone done watching this one:

Image

It'll be on Showtime on October 22nd or you can be like me and IMS and get it at the library. Highly recommend, only a narcissistic mongoose like him would let the cameras continue rolling the moment the story shifted from covering a mayoral race to Carlos Danger
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
User avatar
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa
 
Posts: 1176
Joined: 18 Feb 2008, 03:22

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby Colonel Angus » 28 Sep 2016, 09:43

We finished watching Drunk Stoned Brilliant Dead: The Story of National Lampoon off the DVR last night. Very good, highly recommend. Not sure if it is on any of the streamers but Schmoopie said it runs on HBO and/or Showtime a lot right now.

I may buy it on DVD for my dad for Christmas. He had a subscription when I was a kid. A therapist would probably say those things sitting on my childhood coffee tables are why I'm a tit man.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
User avatar
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC
 
Posts: 18626
Joined: 11 Aug 2005, 15:09

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby TheWolf » 28 Sep 2016, 09:47

I considered that for a minute while looking for something to watch in between shots with MTM. Decided that starting a movie at 1AM on a weekday was a bad idea. I'll probably check it out at some point though.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 15839
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

PreviousNext

Return to Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest