Documentary Thread

Documentary Thread

Postby jack_daniels » 27 Jul 2009, 21:48

Louis Theroux is the fuckin man. Watch as many of his documentaries as you can .... he has this kind of wry, deadpan British humour. And he inserts himself into ridiculously dangerous/fucked up situations and no one seems to care because he comes across as this harmless, naive nerd. The Vegas, South Africa, and Philadelphia ones are especially worth watching.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Re: Documentary Thread

Postby myherobobhope » 29 Jul 2009, 09:44

You know what are boring as shit? Documentaries.

I'd rather read a book on a subject than watch some pony tailed douchebag tell me why I should care about the plight of the sea monkeys. I watch movies to be entertained, not to fucking learn.
Frank the Tank: If you think highly of humanity as a whole, then you're retarded. There are no exceptions to that rule.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Fletch » 29 Jul 2009, 10:18

myherobobhope wrote:You know what are boring as shit? Documentaries.

I'd rather read a book on a subject than watch some pony tailed douchebag tell me why I should care about the plight of the sea monkeys. I watch movies to be entertained, not to fucking learn.

Watch Man on Wire. I'm not big into docs generally speaking, but I'll see one if it's supposed to be great and/or if the subject matter interests me. This one rocked, as did the psuedo-doc, animated Waltz with Bashir.

I think I only own one doc on DVD: When We Were Kings.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Durden » 29 Jul 2009, 10:51

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:

Watch Man on Wire. I'm not big into docs generally speaking, but I'll see one if it's supposed to be great and/or if the subject matter interests me. This one rocked, as did the psuedo-doc, animated Waltz with Bashir.

agreed. dakota fanning is a tour de force in this one.
i used to be commander and chief of my pimp ship.

2008 Who's Now
BSMB: poor nerf. You had a fine year. One and DUN, yo.
Durden
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Gregs Kite » 29 Jul 2009, 22:36

If I move to TDot with you and become a shitbag with boisterous claims and make certain (one) friends, will I be NOW?
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby firstborn » 30 Jul 2009, 06:39

Greg's Kite wrote:If I move to TDot with you and become a shitbag with boisterous claims and make certain (one) friends, will I be NOW?

How is this on topic Kite? Do you really think a post like this will help your "cause"?
jack_daniels - Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:49 pm: i disappointed a lot of chicks over the years, wouldnt be surprised
firstborn
Site Admin

Postby jack_daniels » 30 Jul 2009, 17:33

Greg's Kite wrote:If I move to TDot with you and become a shitbag with boisterous claims and make certain (one) friends, will I be NOW?

What is this
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Rodney Farva » 30 Jul 2009, 17:54

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:

I think I only own one doc on DVD: When We Were Kings.

while i don't necessarily like the genre all that much overall, off the top of my head i've really enjoyed these ones:

murderball
metallica: some kind of monster
brother's keeper
hoop dreams

and i'm sure there are several others that escape me at the moment.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Bricks » 30 Jul 2009, 18:03

Documentaries I like:

This Old Cub
Baseball: A Film By Ken Burns
The War: A Film By Ken Burns
Hoop Dreams
Cocaine Cowboys
Bowling For Columbine
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby Fletch » 30 Jul 2009, 18:19

Bricks wrote:Baseball: A Film By Ken Burns

Is it unacceptable to hate Burns solely on the naming structure illustrated above? I can't wait for Film: A Film by Ken Burns and Penis: A Film by Ken Burns. What a douche.

:-k Come to think of it, that reminds me of a certain book I know coming out about basketball...
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Bricks » 30 Jul 2009, 18:25

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:
Bricks wrote:Baseball: A Film By Ken Burns

Is it unacceptable to hate Burns solely on the naming structure illustrated above? I can't wait for Film: A Film by Ken Burns and Penis: A Film by Ken Burns. What a douche.

:-k Come to think of it, that reminds me of a certain book I know coming out about basketball...

Hey hey! Don't besmirch Ken Burns, someone with talent, by associating him with hacky High Pitch Bill. Burns is self-serving, but Baseball is fantastic and far superior to any piece of sports media Simmons could ever churn out.

Oh, and another to add to my list is When It Was A Game.
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby ONTB » 30 Jul 2009, 21:23

King of Kong.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby God Shamgod » 30 Jul 2009, 21:27

Year of the Bull

ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD

Postby JichaelDick » 30 Jul 2009, 21:40

I dunno if I'd call it a documentary, but [url-http://www.chuckymullins.com]Undefeated[/url]

Also, Heroes of World Class

TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby someguysomewhere » 31 Jul 2009, 00:21

jack_daniels wrote:

What is this

Just wanted to make sure Kit didn't miss this one.

The _ wrote:Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:48 pm jack_daniels kite's pretty uptight these days, oklahomawebcamsluts got shut down
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Next

Return to Movies