Movie flaws

Movie flaws

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 31 May 2009, 21:22

I've had complaints about a bunch of movies.
My fav of all time is Independance Day. How long is the lifespan of a 1994 laptop battery? that thing lasted a week.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Re: Movie flaws

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 31 May 2009, 21:27

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:I've had complaints about a bunch of movies.
My fav of all time is Independance Day. How long is the lifespan of a 1994 laptop battery? that thing lasted a week.

i hate that movie.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Frank the Tank » 01 Jun 2009, 07:29

I hated that in Something About Mary we were supposed to believe anyone could like Brett Favre.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby nova » 01 Jun 2009, 07:34

I hate that Remember the Titans made 1971, post Brown v. Board of Education Northern Virginia look like 1954 Little Rock, Arkansas.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby myherobobhope » 01 Jun 2009, 10:32

That's your complaint about Independence Day? I'm more disturbed by the fact that they could write a virus that shut down all the shields in such a short period of time and managed to upload it to the mothership and have it sent to all the other ships...
Frank the Tank: If you think highly of humanity as a whole, then you're retarded. There are no exceptions to that rule.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Brick Tamland » 01 Jun 2009, 11:13

myherobobhope wrote:

That's your complaint about Independence Day? I'm more disturbed by the fact that they could write a virus that shut down all the shields in such a short period of time and managed to upload it to the mothership and have it sent to all the other ships...

And that the alien ships were Mac compatible. (that said, I still love this movie).
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby Magnum » 01 Jun 2009, 11:16

I think the biggest flaw in that movie was that Bill Pullman was the President of the United States. He sucks.
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby Bricks » 01 Jun 2009, 11:33

The biggest flaw of Independence Day was that it was ever made. What a pile of shit.
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby myherobobhope » 01 Jun 2009, 11:44

How is Reeves still an FBI agent at the end of Point Break? I'm OK with all the other dumb bullshit in the movie... but after he basically gets his partner killed and "robs" a bank... you've got to assume he'd lose his badge.
Frank the Tank: If you think highly of humanity as a whole, then you're retarded. There are no exceptions to that rule.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Bricks » 01 Jun 2009, 12:49

myherobobhope wrote:How is Reeves still an FBI agent at the end of Point Break? I'm OK with all the other dumb bullshit in the movie... but after he basically gets his partner killed and "robs" a bank... you've got to assume he'd lose his badge.

How about Reeves and Swayze having a full conversation whilst skydiving in Point Break?
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 01 Jun 2009, 15:02

Nice thread, ogie.

In Transformers, Shia Lebeuf gets all uppity when learning that Megan Fox has a juvenile record.

What man would get angry at Megan Fox for having a juvenile record? It's juvie, and she's Megan Fox. Plot holes.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 01 Jun 2009, 15:36

In "Rad" Cru Jones skips half the track and doesn't get disqualified.
In "Breakin 2" There is no way Turbo Could dance that way immediately taking the cast off his broken leg early.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Gregs Kite » 01 Jun 2009, 19:18

Brick Tamland wrote:
myherobobhope wrote:

And that the alien ships were Mac compatible. (that said, I still love this movie).

And that Goldblum goes from shitfaced to sober genius in seconds. And he goes into space wearing the same flannel I wore in '93. And that the "superior" alien technology subscribed to the "Phantom Menace" theory of putting the nerve center of a massive ship in an easily destroyable location. And that the "superior" alien race was dumb enough to let an old school, forty year old, apparently current technological ship back into the mothership. And that Willie's wife, stepson, and especially the dog managed to survived a fireball by jumping into a janitor's closet with a broken door.

Effin' A, Cotton. I love that movie.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Freddy Fernandez » 01 Jun 2009, 19:25

In Armageddon when they were waiting for Bruce Willis to detonate the bomb at the end, the astronaut said, "I'm going back for him!" and Affleck said, "Just wait, he won't let us down" or some shit. The only way they got to the asteroid was with some slingshot around the moon thing that took a day, but the astronaut is just going to throw the ship in reverse with 30 seconds until it explodes?

In The Thomas Crown Affair, one of the times he steals a painting he puts it into a briefcase and clearly folds it in half. Wouldn't the priceless work of art have a huge crease down the middle?

This thread is awesome. I am looking forward to the first of Fletch's 10,000 word posts on the subject.
"What're the best shoe/purse brands for the spring season?" ~jack_daniels
Freddy Fernandez
OG's sponsor

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 01 Jun 2009, 19:53

In the Departed they would have known each other.
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Next

Return to Movies