Dustiest Movies (or Scenes)

Re: Dustiest Movies (or Scenes)

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 15 Jan 2010, 00:45

Bricks wrote:
JichaelDick wrote:It's sad. It really is.

And I also loved the book when I was in school.

Why the fuck do dog stories always end in death? Where the Red Fern Grows, Stone Fox, even My Dog Skip though Skip at least lives a long life and dies in his sleep.

Because dogs have short lifespans and so if you get a dog and you're not 90, you get him knowing it's gonna die on you and that part of it sucks so they all play off it.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Theny » 15 Jan 2010, 10:41

JichaelDick wrote:
Theny wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:haven't seen marley and me, but this weekend we took our kids to see Hachiko: A Dog's Story. i think in the US it's going to end up straight to DVD. there was a dog in the 1920s-30s in japan that kept going to the train station every day to wait for his master to come home after the guy had died. the movie takes that story and moves it to the US in present time. richard gere and joan allen (looking damned fine for her age) were the leads. there's a scene toward the end where it jumps forward a few years and you see the dog, now old and limping, slowly working its way to the spot at the train station where he waits every day. i think every single person in the theater was crying at that one.

Damn, that is rough. I won't even bother seeing movies like that since Ol' Yeller when I was a kid. Something about pets, especially dogs, dying is worse than anything for the ol' heartstrings. :sniff:

Ever seen Where the Red Fern Grows? It's damn sad, too.

Yeah, dude. Every kid in America has read that book.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby JichaelDick » 16 Jan 2010, 22:31

I was asking about the movie, not the book, Mateus.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 29 Apr 2010, 09:53

Dunking Donut wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:haven't seen marley and me, but this weekend we took our kids to see Hachiko: A Dog's Story. i think in the US it's going to end up straight to DVD. there was a dog in the 1920s-30s in japan that kept going to the train station every day to wait for his master to come home after the guy had died. the movie takes that story and moves it to the US in present time. richard gere and joan allen (looking damned fine for her age) were the leads. there's a scene toward the end where it jumps forward a few years and you see the dog, now old and limping, slowly working its way to the spot at the train station where he waits every day. i think every single person in the theater was crying at that one.

There's a statue there. I think it's off Shibuya station or something like that. It's a story probably every Japanese person knows.

I seen this movie on the plane last week. I cried. Multiple times. I'm a homo.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Colonel Angus » 29 Apr 2010, 09:56

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Dunking Donut wrote:

There's a statue there. I think it's off Shibuya station or something like that. It's a story probably every Japanese person knows.

I seen this movie on the plane last week. I cried. Multiple times. I'm a homo.

There was a Futurama episode that was a take-off on that story. It was pretty poignant too.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby mister bacon » 29 Apr 2010, 21:50

Colonel Angus wrote:There was a Futurama episode that was a take-off on that story. It was pretty poignant too.

YES! that is one of my favorite eps. i just re-watched it last night.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JichaelDick » 08 Jun 2010, 11:44

I don't know why, but this part of Donnie Darko gets me...

TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Jew Jitsu » 08 Jun 2010, 12:19

Am I the only one that didn't get Donnie Darko? I know it was trendy for a while to talk about what a "powerful'' movie it was and shit like that but i've no idea what was going on...no need to explain it cause i forgot everything in it except some giant rabbit...fuck that movie and the tools that think they're awesome for ''getting it''
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby JichaelDick » 08 Jun 2010, 12:21

I don't know if I "got it," but I figured enough out in the story to figure out what was going on. And I don't think I'm awesome for doing so.
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob

Postby Jew Jitsu » 08 Jun 2010, 13:00

Sorry if it came across as that but i wasn't calling you out on that but rather the morons in real life that i've came across...
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby mister bacon » 09 Jun 2010, 00:13

Jew Jitsu wrote:Sorry if it came across as that but i wasn't calling you out on that but rather the morons in real life that i've came across...

yeah i like the movie a lot, but people took it waaaaaaaaay too seriously.

after further review of the film (i usually watch it like twice a year) i consider the whole time travel bit a bit of a macguffin, to me it is simply a plot device to wrap donnie's insanity around to make sure its presence is felt throughout the film. the movie is really about the characters in this suburban town, and how the interact with each other. there's some great dialogue, some great music... and thats enough for me to like it. people's search for deeper meaning in the whole thing, or theories on time travel, or what happened at the end is ultimately pointless because it does not exist.

at any rate, the wiki has a number of answers, particularly the director's interpretation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donnie_Darko
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 09 Jun 2010, 08:48

mister bacon wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:Sorry if it came across as that but i wasn't calling you out on that but rather the morons in real life that i've came across...

yeah i like the movie a lot, but people took it waaaaaaaaay too seriously.

after further review of the film (i usually watch it like twice a year) i consider the whole time travel bit a bit of a macguffin, to me it is simply a plot device to wrap donnie's insanity around to make sure its presence is felt throughout the film. the movie is really about the characters in this suburban town, and how the interact with each other. there's some great dialogue, some great music... and thats enough for me to like it. people's search for deeper meaning in the whole thing, or theories on time travel, or what happened at the end is ultimately pointless because it does not exist.

at any rate, the wiki has a number of answers, particularly the director's interpretation:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donnie_Darko

Yes, but was it POWERFUL?
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Rodney Farva » 09 Jun 2010, 17:20

it was powerful at all times when drew barrymore wasn't on screen. i loved that movie and i guess i should be greatful because without her involvement the thing probably never gets made, but god DAMN did she suck in that movie.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby 700 Level » 10 Jun 2010, 09:14

Rodney Farva wrote:...but god DAMN did she suck in that movie.

Just that movie? She sucks in everything. And that mug, my god, that bitch hasn't been hot since Firestarter.
"It's insane, this guy's taint!"
700 Level
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Jun 2010, 11:09

700 Level wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:...but god DAMN did she suck in that movie.

Just that movie? She sucks in everything. And that mug, my god, that bitch hasn't been hot since Firestarter.

HA. Nice. She had her moments in Bad Girls, but yeah, she's the least attractive sustained star of our generation.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

PreviousNext

Return to Movies