Dustiest Movies (or Scenes)

Dustiest Movies (or Scenes)

Postby Bricks » 12 May 2009, 21:22

Yorkel had mentioned something along these lines in the Movies You've Seen Recently thread and I figured it could be its own topic. What are some movies or scenes that make you teary?

For me, it's My Dog Skip, the end scene of Saving Private Ryan in the cemetery, and Stand By Me. Anyone else have some dusty movies/scenes?
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Re: Dustiest Movies (or Scenes)

Postby myherobobhope » 12 May 2009, 22:14

Sadly... Marley and Me... the very end.
Frank the Tank: If you think highly of humanity as a whole, then you're retarded. There are no exceptions to that rule.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Prez » 12 May 2009, 22:23

The only movie scene that I can remember that made me cry (almost) was in Forrest Gump, after Jenny dies and Forrest sends his son off to school. I remember feeling weird and not knowing why it made me emotional...my boys were close in age at the time and it just hit me.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby mister bacon » 12 May 2009, 23:29

the end of tron, where tron throws the disc into the base of the MCP, destroys it and the entire city lights up again. it always gets me.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby someguysomewhere » 12 May 2009, 23:52

I'm ashamed to admit this, but Rudy gets me. In fact it got me once when I was showing the stupid movie in this retarded career planning class I was teaching. The kids busted me on it too.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Fletch » 13 May 2009, 01:36

The end of Dead Poets Society used to do it 60% of the time. It's worn off now.

The Forrest Gump part Prez mentions did it too the first couple times. Poor little Haley Joel with his tarded pa...
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby OJ8871440 » 13 May 2009, 03:38

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:The Forrest Gump part Prez mentions did it too the first couple times. Poor little Haley Joel with his tarded pa...

I'm avoiding Marley and Me simply for this reason.

Glory
Dead Poets Society
United 93; more numb then dusty, Greengrass did a great job with this one
Field of Dreams
Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:39 pm Dr Jeckyll who the hell reads OJ posts?
OJ8871440
Rocky Balboa

Postby Frank the Tank » 13 May 2009, 08:27

I didn't give a shit about DiCaprio and Winslet's fates in Titanic, but there's one scene where an Irish mother is tucking in her kids to bed, knowing they're all about to die, and she's just trying to calmly tell them a bedtime story. Gets me every time.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby mj3528 » 13 May 2009, 09:37

Like several people here, it got a little dusty for me at the end of Marley & Me. I think it is partially because I had to put down my 13 year-old yellow lab in May.

The end of Field of Dreams was a good selection as well.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby the cheese » 13 May 2009, 10:39

someguysomewhere wrote:I'm ashamed to admit this, but Rudy gets me. In fact it got me once when I was showing the stupid movie in this retarded career planning class I was teaching. The kids busted me on it too.

Rudy used to get me big time. Specifically, the scene when all of the starters turned in their jersey's for Rudy on the eve of his last chance to play. Seriously dusty.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby TVF wannabe » 13 May 2009, 10:47

Prez wrote:The only movie scene that I can remember that made me cry (almost) was in Forrest Gump, after Jenny dies and Forrest sends his son off to school. I remember feeling weird and not knowing why it made me emotional...my boys were close in age at the time and it just hit me.

For some reason click depressed me. I think also because I had just had my second kid and was working crazy hours. Not dusty but I was real down afterword.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby someguysomewhere » 13 May 2009, 11:03

the cheese wrote:
someguysomewhere wrote:I'm ashamed to admit this, but Rudy gets me. In fact it got me once when I was showing the stupid movie in this retarded career planning class I was teaching. The kids busted me on it too.

Rudy used to get me big time. Specifically, the scene when all of the starters turned in their jersey's for Rudy on the eve of his last chance to play. Seriously dusty.

Yup, that'd do it.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby TVF wannabe » 13 May 2009, 11:07

mj3528 wrote:Like several people here, it got a little dusty for me at the end of Marley & Me. I think it is partially because I had to put down my 13 year-old yellow lab in May.

The end of Field of Dreams was a good selection as well.

In spring training Mets players were discussing movies Pefrey admitted to crying and they tortured him about it. So he went on a hunt to find some other guy that did as well the press,players, coaches finally he found a maintenance guy that did and ran around the clubhouse holding the guys hand in the air screaming he also cried...
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Dunking Donut » 13 May 2009, 11:36

I remember getting a little emotional at My Life (damn you Michael Keaton). That was kind of an underrated movie, IMO. I also got a little dusty at the end of Braveheart and Dances With Wovles (my friend that I was with was openly crying, I was like 'Damn dude, get a handle on that shit').

One move that I wouldn't say was not only 'dusty' but had me totally depressed and almost appalled was Hotaru no Haka ("Grave of the Fireflies"). It starts off with the kid saying "September 21, 1945...that was the night I died" and then showing the mom getting firebombed in air raid. And it gets worse from there. I own the fucking thing (on VHS no less) and I could only watch it once. It's paritally-based on a true story and animated.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 13 May 2009, 13:27

At the end of Braveheart when he yells freedom/sees Murron; the end of Gladiator when Connie Nielson says, "You're home."; the previously mentioned end of Saving Private Ryan; end of Field of Dreams; and since people are mentioning Marley and Me I remember Old Yeller really getting to me when I was little.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Next

Return to Movies