Fletch Recommends...

Re: Fletch Recommends...

Postby Fletch » 03 Feb 2009, 01:34

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Cmon my favorite writer, Rocky 5 wasnt that bad. It was basically as watchable as Rocky Balboa.

Yeah...no desire to see that either, bub. I'm content with leaving the series at it's peak - number four, baby.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Briandong79 » 03 Feb 2009, 10:14

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Cmon my favorite writer, Rocky 5 wasnt that bad. It was basically as watchable as Rocky Balboa.

Yeah...no desire to see that either, bub. I'm content with leaving the series at it's peak - number four, baby.

They just added Rocky IV to the lineup over at Hulu.com
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Colonel Angus » 03 Feb 2009, 10:16

Briandean79 wrote:
Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:

They just added Rocky IV to the lineup over at Hulu.com

Holy shit - Simmons' head is gonna explode. His little baby's all growns up! Mt. Rapmore!
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby WampaOne » 03 Feb 2009, 11:25

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:
Greg's Kite wrote:Mr. Feltch,

I have an FMK: Movie Style for you.

"Rocky V", "Godfather III", or "Attack of the Clones". Go...

F: Attack of the Clones. I'm sure I could find enough candy in there to make it worth a one-time quickie
M: Godfather III: I think this is an instance of the film's length working for it. With 3 hours worth of footage, Coppola, Pacino, et al, there's bound to be some brilliance...somewhere (note: only saw this once...long time ago).
K: Rocky V. Never sat down and watched more than 5 minutes of this. Never want to.

=D> Great FMK by Kite and great answer by :fletch:

AOTC definitively has a lot of good things going on that merits viewing. Christopher Lee is one of those.
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby Briandong79 » 24 Apr 2009, 13:16

Fletch, now that you have your handy little drop-down menus on your site by score, which movies do you think in hindsight you were the most wrong about in your initial review, either rating them too high or too low?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Fletch » 24 Apr 2009, 14:18

Briandean79 wrote:Fletch, now that you have your handy little drop-down menus on your site by score, which movies do you think in hindsight you were the most wrong about in your initial review, either rating them too high or too low?

I have 7 ratings (just to set a frame of reference).

I gave Disturbia the 2nd-lowest. While I can't say that I loved it or anything, and I think it was obvious and had a lame ending, I have to admit that it's kind of a fun movie to watch. So I'd knock it up a notch or two.

I gave Frost/Nixon my second highest, which might as well be the highest, considering how few get the top spot. While I still think it's a "good" movie, it just looks so out of place with all of the rest of the films with that rating on the "do I want to watch it again" scale. I could live two lives and probably never watch it again.

Religulous is in there, too. I think I felt while writing it that I was giving it a somewhat higher grade just because of it's subject matter. What can I say, I was biased. It's damn funny, but should probably be down a notch.

I hopped on the 300 jizzwagon and gave it my highest rating. I can still recall it being a great cinematic experience (giant screen, all that), but on repeat viewings on a smaller screen with worse sound, it just ain't the same. Down a notch.

Outside of that, there are probably a lot of flicks in "Darn tootin" and "Decent fellow" that I gave "statement" grades where I gave something one notch higher or lower because something pissed me off (the ending of Zodiac, the "feels the sameness" of Darjeeling) or made me happy.

Oh, and I need to make Idiocracy the highest grade. Goddamn, I love that movie.
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Bricks » 24 Apr 2009, 16:45

Have you considered a rating that is simply Strange Wilderness for the expressed purpose for separating it as the single biggest piece of shit you've reviewed?
nova wrote:With all of that said, fuck VCU. Fuck that shiny midget Shaka Smart. Fuck the city of Richmond.
Bricks
Basketball Jesus

Postby Fletch » 24 Apr 2009, 17:09

Bricks wrote:Have you considered a rating that is simply Strange Wilderness for the expressed purpose for separating it as the single biggest piece of shit you've reviewed?

Haha - no. It's on a pretty short list as it is, and it ain't like Epic Movie is all that much better...
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Ogie Oglethorpe » 12 May 2009, 00:38

PLZ review Basketball diaries, slapshot, & Youngblood. thanks
Ogie Oglethorpe
Father Douglas

Postby Fletch » 12 May 2009, 02:00

Ogie Oglethorpe wrote:PLZ review Basketball diaries, slapshot, & Youngblood. thanks

I really need to get Netflix and/or some other non-Blockbuster gadget that allows me to catch up on all of the movies I missed. I'd like to see the first two for sure; can't say that I care that much about Youngblood, but I don't know much about it other than it's aboot hockey and has Keanu and/or Rob Lowe and/or some other young dood that turned into a bigger star.

I'll get on it...eventually.
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 12 May 2009, 02:49

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:can't say that I care that much about Youngblood, but I don't know much about it other than it's aboot hockey and has Keanu and/or Rob Lowe and/or some other young dood that turned into a bigger star.

Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 May 2009, 10:54

Irwin: some of your least favorite movies please that you have sat thru.

(have you seen "hackers"? Oh my goodness)
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby myherobobhope » 13 May 2009, 11:02

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Irwin: some of your least favorite movies please that you have sat thru.

Hackers is a great movie.
Frank the Tank: If you think highly of humanity as a whole, then you're retarded. There are no exceptions to that rule.
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Fletch » 13 May 2009, 11:31

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Irwin: some of your least favorite movies please that you have sat thru.

Have not seen Hackers.

I walked out of Strange Wilderness, so that don't count.

Topping the list, then, would be either Epic Movie or The Big Hit. Recently, the Wolverine movie had me ready to leave, as did last year's Hulk flick. I was angry by the time Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ended last year.

What else...

Requiem for a Dream is a great film, but sucks to sit through. Australia was painful, helped mostly by the fact that it's nearly 3 hours long.
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 13 May 2009, 14:42

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:

Have not seen Hackers.

I walked out of Strange Wilderness, so that don't count.

Topping the list, then, would be either Epic Movie or The Big Hit. Recently, the Wolverine movie had me ready to leave, as did last year's Hulk flick. I was angry by the time Kingdom of the Crystal Skull ended last year.

What else...

Requiem for a Dream is a great film, but sucks to sit through. Australia was painful, helped mostly by the fact that it's nearly 3 hours long.

Crystal Skull was awful. I hear that Requiem stinks too
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

PreviousNext

Return to Movies