I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby Briandong79 » 25 Nov 2015, 09:26

Michael B. Jordan is really good and it has a good director, I figured it would be pretty good.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31125
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby ctz31 » 25 Nov 2015, 09:27

I'm finna go see this at 4 today after work. Gotta support Philly's pretend hero.
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Nov 2015, 09:28

Rocky II might be worst than Rocky V. For real.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23705
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby ctz31 » 25 Nov 2015, 09:41

Gregs Kite wrote:Rocky II might be worst than Rocky V. For real.


Agree! Two was turrible.
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby ctz31 » 30 Nov 2015, 09:01

I went to see this last wednesday. It was pretty good. I'd rank it ahead of Balboa and II. Ok.
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby Gregs Kite » 30 Nov 2015, 09:04

ctz31 wrote:I went to see this last wednesday. It was pretty good. I'd rank it ahead of Balboa and II. Ok.


Nice.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23705
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby JichaelDick » 07 Dec 2015, 12:07

Gregs Kite wrote:Rocky II might be worst than Rocky V. For real.


The last part of the movie (after Adrian's coma and when she tells Rocky she wants him to win) is better than anything V has to offer. But man that movie isn't very good until then--I know it's parroting Simba, but it's not untrue.
TVF wannabe - Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:42 pm: ...a good rule of thumb is if you post some thing like that and IMS quickly jumps in with an uncomfortable reference you went too far
User avatar
JichaelDick
Delightful Nutjob
 
Posts: 26082
Joined: 21 Dec 2005, 13:56
Location: Salivating

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby Prez » 07 Dec 2015, 12:10

ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Rocky II might be worst than Rocky V. For real.


Agree! Two was turrible.


I am NOT on board with this. Rocky II was probably the worst of I - IV but still way better than V. I will watch pretty much any of the series for a while if I am flipping channels except V, that blows.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 10002
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby ctz31 » 08 Dec 2015, 09:10

Prez wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Rocky II might be worst than Rocky V. For real.


Agree! Two was turrible.


I am NOT on board with this. Rocky II was probably the worst of I - IV but still way better than V. I will watch pretty much any of the series for a while if I am flipping channels except V, that blows.


I argued w like 7 dudes at the tailgate about this for a good 3-6 minutes. Rocky II blows for like an hour and change. You can't possibly like it. I asked what the f even happened remotely interesting? "He gets married...." You homo's. This movie is awful.
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby Prez » 08 Dec 2015, 09:22

ctz31 wrote:
Prez wrote:
ctz31 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:Rocky II might be worst than Rocky V. For real.


Agree! Two was turrible.


I am NOT on board with this. Rocky II was probably the worst of I - IV but still way better than V. I will watch pretty much any of the series for a while if I am flipping channels except V, that blows.


I argued w like 7 dudes at the tailgate about this for a good 3-6 minutes. Rocky II blows for like an hour and change. You can't possibly like it. I asked what the f even happened remotely interesting? "He gets married...." You homo's. This movie is awful.


It is awful. But it's still better than V.
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
User avatar
Prez
The MAWG
 
Posts: 10002
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 08:53
Location: Ballz deep in golf groupie pussy

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby Goobis » 08 Dec 2015, 20:23

You dicks are ignoring the comedy of Rocky II, probably the funniest of the series. Mickey is pure gold in this one.

And the suffering through the hospital stuff just sets up the "win" scene and subsequent intense training scene, probably the best sequence in cinema history. Rocky II is second only to the original.
Goobis
Statue Enthusiast
 
Posts: 518
Joined: 11 Feb 2011, 11:54

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby the cheese » 09 Dec 2015, 09:24

Goobis wrote:You dicks are ignoring the comedy of Rocky II, probably the funniest of the series. Mickey is pure gold in this one.

And the suffering through the hospital stuff just sets up the "win" scene and subsequent intense training scene, probably the best sequence in cinema history. Rocky II is second only to the original.


I have seen maybe a combined 20 minutes of the entire Rocky series. No interest whatsoever.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 18427
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby ctz31 » 09 Dec 2015, 09:51

Goobis wrote:You dicks are ignoring the comedy of Rocky II, probably the funniest of the series. Mickey is pure gold in this one.

And the suffering through the hospital stuff just sets up the "win" scene and subsequent intense training scene, probably the best sequence in cinema history. Rocky II is second only to the original.


I will have to rewatch (painfully) to check out the comedy. I do enjoy comedy in stuff where it's a secondary byproduct to what is the supposed point of the production. Like the sopranos, maybe the funniest, not comedic series of all time.

The post hospital stuff is good, but the training sequence is like 3 minutes. The fight is good though. Not enough to make me enjoy schlepping through the whole thing, but good.
User avatar
ctz31
#nnf
 
Posts: 9663
Joined: 03 Feb 2005, 10:06
Location: Why did I come to Buffalo???

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby JT99 » 09 Dec 2015, 10:30

Goobis wrote:You dicks are ignoring the comedy of Rocky II, probably the funniest of the series. Mickey is pure gold in this one.

And the suffering through the hospital stuff just sets up the "win" scene and subsequent intense training scene, probably the best sequence in cinema history. Rocky II is second only to the original.


I would have picked out your comedy as more of Paulie complaining about the porch monkeys in the gym in Rocky III
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 9790
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby God Shamgod » 09 Dec 2015, 22:38

Creed was great. Great performances by Wallace and Stallone. Maybe the best movie I have seen this year. Could set up for a sequel too if they want to go that way.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Some great scenes. Running with the kids on the dirt bikes behind and his ring walk to Hail Mary. Good thing they didn't drug test Mike B Jordan is more ripped than all the other fighters in the movie who are actual pro boxers.


Also, II is nowhere near as bad as V by the way. "It's a nice car gotta buckle up for safety"
ctz31 wrote:I hate hate hate the fact that I never had the opportunity to be an orgy guy.
User avatar
God Shamgod
1-900-SHAMGOD
 
Posts: 5671
Joined: 26 Sep 2005, 10:06
Location: rehab

PreviousNext

Return to Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest