I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby D'Annunzio » 04 Dec 2008, 13:14

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
D'Annunzio wrote:At what local time would the Rocky-Drago fight have to be staged in order for Rocky's son to be watching it live in Philadelphia at night?

Moscow is 8 hours ahead of Philly. So if the kid is watching at say 8 PM, the fight is at 4 AM in Moscow.

Yeah, that's a little mistake in the movie there. Made even more obvious when Rocky says his kid should be home sleeping after the fight.

Rocky Trivia:

Other than Rocky and Paulie, who is the only character in the series to make an appearance in every Rocky movie? (I think I'm right on this one..)
D'Annunzio

Postby nerf66 » 08 Dec 2008, 14:26

D'Annunzio wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:
D'Annunzio wrote:At what local time would the Rocky-Drago fight have to be staged in order for Rocky's son to be watching it live in Philadelphia at night?

Moscow is 8 hours ahead of Philly. So if the kid is watching at say 8 PM, the fight is at 4 AM in Moscow.

Yeah, that's a little mistake in the movie there. Made even more obvious when Rocky says his kid should be home sleeping after the fight.

Rocky Trivia:

Other than Rocky and Paulie, who is the only character in the series to make an appearance in every Rocky movie? (I think I'm right on this one..)

Adrian? (do flashbacks count?)
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby SouthernYokel » 08 Dec 2008, 14:34

if flashbacks don't count, i think it's apollo's trainer, who moves over to being rocky's trainer.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby D'Annunzio » 09 Dec 2008, 08:57

SouthernYokel wrote:if flashbacks don't count, i think it's apollo's trainer, who moves over to being rocky's trainer.

Correct.
D'Annunzio

Postby Briandong79 » 10 May 2009, 16:07

57-23-1 is Rocky's career record? What the fuck? When the hell did he lose that many fights?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby someguysomewhere » 11 May 2009, 11:32

Briandean79 wrote:57-23-1 is Rocky's career record? What the fuck? When the hell did he lose that many fights?

Before the first movie, I'd assume. He wasn't exactly the #1 Contender before he fought Apollo.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Briandong79 » 11 May 2009, 11:37

someguysomewhere wrote:
Briandean79 wrote:57-23-1 is Rocky's career record? What the fuck? When the hell did he lose that many fights?

Before the first movie, I'd assume. He wasn't exactly the #1 Contender before he fought Apollo.

I guess so. Kind of jarring though. I did enjoy Rocky Balboa much more than I thought I would.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby ctz31 » 03 Aug 2009, 07:49

Caught a Rocky marathon on Spike TV Saturday evening. Watched the end of III and all of IV. C'mon, Drago should have been arrested for killing Creed. The ref tried to jump in to stop the fight and Drago just tossed him outta the way and pummeled Apollo. Good movie though.

ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby ONTB » 03 Aug 2009, 22:33

There are a million problems with Rocky movies from a boxing sense... but what always bothers me is that he only has a cut man for Rocky I and II. And this is a guy whose career is in trouble because of cuts. Just absurd.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby Gregs Kite » 14 May 2013, 11:58

Every punch from Rocky I to VI.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby White Lightning » 19 May 2013, 08:45

ONTB wrote:There are a million problems with Rocky movies from a boxing sense... but what always bothers me is that he only has a cut man for Rocky I and II. And this is a guy whose career is in trouble because of cuts. Just absurd.

I like how the boxing strategy is Don't block any punches, just alternate punches to the face. Eventually the other guy will tire from throwing unblocked punches to your face.
Gregs Kite - Wed May 22, 2013 9:55 am: WL is funny, possibly a full blown alcoholic, and seemingly not a prissy dickhead.
White Lightning
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Jul 2013, 14:15

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 25 Jul 2013, 14:26

Gregs Kite wrote:New Rocky movie.

Kinda.

Rocky Balboa was pretty good and this is a logical way to do it. I like it.
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JT99 » 25 Jul 2013, 14:42

Briandong79 wrote:

Kinda.

I'm on board but could have gone for a Creed story that was a prequel.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Prez » 25 Jul 2013, 14:44

JT99 wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

Kinda.

I'm on board but could have gone for a Creed story that was a prequel.

+1
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

PreviousNext

Return to Movies