I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby D'Annunzio » 28 Nov 2008, 10:36

If there's a thread with 33 pages devoted to fucking Star Wars, then goddamnit, there should be a Rocky thread.

They were showing a Rocky marathon on A&E or some channel like that the other day. For some reason I kept turning back to watch, even though I have them all on DVD. By far, the best movie series of all time.
D'Annunzio

Re: I shoulda broke your thumbs....The Official Rocky Thread

Postby Prez » 28 Nov 2008, 10:39

D'Annunzio wrote:If there's a thread with 33 pages devoted to fucking Star Wars, then goddamnit, there should be a Rocky thread.

They were showing a Rocky marathon on A&E or some channel like that the other day. For some reason I kept turning back to watch, even though I have them all on DVD. By far, the best movie series of all time.

Haha, so you're the one who bought Rocky V on DVD. Home team!
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby D'Annunzio » 28 Nov 2008, 10:43

Fuck yeah I have Rocky V. Underrated movie. Sure, it's the worst of the six Rocky movies, but that's like saying so-and-so is the ugliest Victoria's Secret model.

Get up, you son of a bitch! Cuz Mickey loves ya.
D'Annunzio

Postby bosux » 28 Nov 2008, 11:24

best line from rocky 5:

as rocko comes down the stairs with a santa hat on..."merry christmas...yo yo yo"
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby jack_daniels » 28 Nov 2008, 11:29

Maybe it's a - actually, fuck it, it IS a generational thing, but greatest movie franchise ever? No way bro.

I like the movies, who doesn't love that montage in Rocky I? Mr. T in Rocky III? Ivan Drago? Classic shit, but these says I think that The Bourne franchise is far more entertaining than the Rocky.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby someguysomewhere » 28 Nov 2008, 11:31

Rocky IV. Filmed in the Agrodome, sonz :beav:

the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby nova » 28 Nov 2008, 12:03

jack_daniels wrote:I like the movies, who doesn't love that montage in Rocky I? Mr. T in Rocky III? Ivan Drago? Classic shit, but these says I think that The Bourne franchise is far more entertaining than the Rocky.

Nice one, Shan_off.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby jack_daniels » 28 Nov 2008, 12:06

honestly man, I think the Bourne movies are way way better than the Rocky movies. apples and oranges sure, but just saying that there are other franchises out there and calling Rocky the best one is short-sighted.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby mister bacon » 29 Nov 2008, 14:02

jack_daniels wrote:honestly man, I think the Bourne movies are way way better than the Rocky movies. apples and oranges sure, but just saying that there are other franchises out there and calling Rocky the best one is short-sighted.

ive seen one and a half. turned the second one off halfway though. terrible.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby chrisco » 29 Nov 2008, 20:06

mister bacon wrote:
jack_daniels wrote:honestly man, I think the Bourne movies are way way better than the Rocky movies. apples and oranges sure, but just saying that there are other franchises out there and calling Rocky the best one is short-sighted.

The Bourne movies would have been a lot better if they weren't edited with such ridiculously fast cuts. Half the time I couldn't follow what was happening. Quantum of Solace did the same thing for some of its fight scenes. I couldn't figure out which one was Bond and which one was the bad guy.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 30 Nov 2008, 04:41

chrisco wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

The Bourne movies would have been a lot better if they weren't edited with such ridiculously fast cuts. Half the time I couldn't follow what was happening. Quantum of Solace did the same thing for some of its fight scenes. I couldn't figure out which one was Bond and which one was the bad guy.

Bond was the one killing.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby chrisco » 30 Nov 2008, 18:52

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
chrisco wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

Thanks Captain Obvious. The point was when you can't tell one person from the other, then you are editing way too fast.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 30 Nov 2008, 20:19

chrisco wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
chrisco wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

Thanks Captain Obvious. The point was when you can't tell one person from the other, then you are editing way too fast.

Sorry just being a smartass.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby D'Annunzio » 04 Dec 2008, 13:03

Things I've always wondered about Rocky IV:

If the Rocky-Drago fight is scheduled for Christmas Day, why is Paulie worried about missing the Rose Bowl game?

In Rocky III, Rocky revamps his fighting style from being a toe to toe slugger to being more of a quick, outside fighter, using a lot of jabs and movement. He does this because Clubber Lang is much bigger and stronger than him and he can't win a toe to toe slugfest. Yet, when he fights Drago, a guy bigger and stronger than even Clubber Lang was, he goes back to his old ways. Why? Sure, Apollo wasn't there to train him, but Duke was. Was Duke an overrated manager?

At what local time would the Rocky-Drago fight have to be staged in order for Rocky's son to be watching it live in Philadelphia at night?
D'Annunzio

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 04 Dec 2008, 13:07

D'Annunzio wrote:At what local time would the Rocky-Drago fight have to be staged in order for Rocky's son to be watching it live in Philadelphia at night?

Moscow is 8 hours ahead of Philly. So if the kid is watching at say 8 PM, the fight is at 4 AM in Moscow.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Next

Return to Movies