The Dark Knight [SPOILERZ!!!!!111]

Re: The Dark Knight [SPOILERZ!!!!!111]

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 11 Aug 2008, 14:29

Sound of Music at #3?!?!? Who knew there were so many pillow biters out there.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Brick Tamland » 11 Aug 2008, 14:50

Snow White and Sound of Music were both groundbreaking films (1st full-length animated feature and 1st full length feature with live-action/animation combo), plus they're both family films so lots of repeat viewings from kids/parents.
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby nerf66 » 11 Aug 2008, 15:17

Brick Tamland wrote:Snow White and Sound of Music were both groundbreaking films (1st full-length animated feature and 1st full length feature with live-action/animation combo), plus they're both family films so lots of repeat viewings from kids/parents.

Sound of Music didn't have any animation I remember. Are you thinking mary poppins?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am: my disdain for 66 stems from posters saying how great a poster he was. I never saw it. He has never made an interesting post or comment, imo.
nerf66
Yellow Jacket

Postby Brick Tamland » 11 Aug 2008, 15:21

nerf66 wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:Snow White and Sound of Music were both groundbreaking films (1st full-length animated feature and 1st full length feature with live-action/animation combo), plus they're both family films so lots of repeat viewings from kids/parents.

Sound of Music didn't have any animation I remember. Are you thinking mary poppins?

Yes. :oops:

Er... um, Nazi war movies are good for the box office, truly groundbreaking and fun for the whole family.............. :-w
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby chrisco » 13 Aug 2008, 22:31

So am I the only one disappointed that neither of those ferries went up? Personally I find Gotham on the brink of bedlam a lot interesting then any of the shit about Batman/Bruce Wayne. Whenever I see a Batman movie I am always rooting for Gotham City to just fall into complete anarchy. This one has probably gotten the closest to that. I was really into the movie when the hospital got blown. It made me a bit hopeful that they would actually blow one of the ferries later on, but no such luck. This was after all a big budget superhero movie and it was time to start wrapping things up nice and neat.

One day one of these superhero movies will deliver an Empire Strikes Back.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Briandong79 » 14 Aug 2008, 15:17

Just in case you were still wondering, it does appear that Two Face did in fact die at the end of the movie:
http://movies.ign.com/articles/898/898426p1.html
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby mister bacon » 23 Aug 2008, 10:24

finally saw this last week, fucking phenomenal. a great film from start to finish, great performances from all. ledger was amazing.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Dunking Donut » 24 Aug 2008, 19:20

Saw this today, friggin' amazing. Heath Ledger stole the show.

I probably would have cut down about 15 minutes but other than that no real complaints.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Freddy Fernandez » 30 Aug 2008, 22:13

Finally got a chance to see it (now that the discussion is probably over). I was also looking forward to one of the ferries blowing up. I was convinced that Joker gave each boat their own detonator, causing the first boat trying to blow the other one up to blow themselves up. Missed opportunity there. But still an excellent movie.

The Joker's last scene is when he is hanging upside off the building right? After he said, "This town needs a better type of criminal" (or something close) I think the original plan was going to be for the Joker to keep recruiting the bad guys in the future films. He created Two Face, and I could see him setting the Riddler or Penguin or Catwoman loose in the future. So after Ledger died, do they just ignore the still alive Joker character in future films? Who could they cast that could continue? With the makeup, it wouldn't be difficult to make the new Joker look like Ledger's, but who could pull it off?
"What're the best shoe/purse brands for the spring season?" ~jack_daniels
Freddy Fernandez
OG's sponsor

Postby Colonel Angus » 30 Aug 2008, 23:09

Finally saw this tonight as well. It's pretty awesome, although a little long. (That's what she said.)

I thought Ledger was awesome. I've never seen anything with him in it so I wasn't sure what to expect, but he was great. He reminded me of Tom Waits when he talked, as far as cadence, accent, and craziness.

I also felt like with the right makeup, Johnny Depp could play that character pretty convincingly too.

ETA: A couple of other things I noticed - I don't really know Chicago that well, only having been there once, but it didn't really hit me that it was filmed in Chicago until the big car chase scene - then it reminded me of the chase in Blues Brothers. I also noticed that they made the "Gotham" license plates look a lot like Illinois plates, I guess so they wouldn't have to put fake plates on every car on the streets for all of the street scenes.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 20 Sep 2008, 14:27

Colonel Angus wrote:
I also felt like with the right makeup, Johnny Depp could play that character pretty convincingly too.

Funny you mention that, they've been saying in the last few weeks that Depp is the lead choice so far to be the villain in the next movie.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby nova » 20 Sep 2008, 14:30

Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

Funny you mention that, they've been saying in the last few weeks that Depp is the lead choice so far to be the villain in the next movie.

But would it be a performance to die for?
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 20 Sep 2008, 14:41

nasty nova wrote:
Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

But would it be a performance to die for?

MAN YOU CORNY!

I like the direction the Nolans have taken with these films in terms of not just grabbing the biggest name out there (with all due respect to clooney, that fucking sucked), but getting actors who actually make the film work.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby sportsdorkhater » 27 Dec 2008, 00:24

Finally got around to watching this and thought it was great. Originally, I was pissed when I found out Heath Ledger was going to be the Joker but clearly I was wrong, he was thuper. Also, any movie that can find roles for both Eric Roberts and Anthony Michael Hall, is ok in my book. Only negatives would be that it was a little long and I also thought Gary Oldman's accent came through a bit when he was yelling.

Has there been any talk of another movie? (I havent read through this thread)
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby Frank the Tank » 27 Dec 2008, 09:23

sportsdorkhater wrote:I also thought Gary Oldman's accent came through a bit when he was yelling.

GPIA, but I didn't notice it on the first viewing. He does a great job with the American accent when he's using his inside voice.

sdh wrote:Has there been any talk of another movie? (I havent read through this thread)

They're not going to make a new movie until they have a killer script because they don't want to suffer the same fate that every other 3rd installment of a superhero franchise does. Well, at least that's the director's story. I'm not sure the studio will be that fond of their cash cow sitting idle.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

PreviousNext

Return to Movies