Best Comic Book and Superhero Movies?

Re: Best Comic Book and Superhero Movies?

Postby Briandong79 » 03 Aug 2016, 13:17

Frank the Tank wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Warner Bros just needs to punt on the superhero movies.

Marvel >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> DC right now.

Since I haven't seen either movie, I'm only going off trailers and whatnot but it seems like they managed to screw up 2 bad guys in a row in huge movies (Luthor and the Joker) and bad guys seem to be the one area in which DC could top Marvel pretty easily.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 03 Aug 2016, 13:29

Marvel Studios is screwed in the supervillain realm as most of their top villains are tied up with FOX Studios (Magneto, Dr. Doom, Galactus and Dark Phoenix).
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Aug 2016, 13:46

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Marvel Studios is screwed in the supervillain realm as most of their top villains are tied up with FOX Studios (Magneto, Dr. Doom, Galactus and Dark Phoenix).

Crap.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Briandong79 » 03 Aug 2016, 13:47

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:Marvel Studios is screwed in the supervillain realm as most of their top villains are tied up with FOX Studios (Magneto, Dr. Doom, Galactus and Dark Phoenix).

And it's basically by universal agreement that Fox has screwed up each of the last 3, correct?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Aug 2016, 14:11

Briandong79 wrote:

And it's basically by universal agreement that Fox has screwed up each of the last 3, correct?

Yeah I'd say so.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Aug 2016, 10:41

@Variety

#SuicideSquad is getting bad reviews, so fans started a petition to shut down Rotten Tomatoes.

#nerds
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

TheWolf - Fri Apr 15, 2016 3:26 pm: i'm ctz. i'm sober at 3:30 pm. dork

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 05 Aug 2016, 11:44

Saw it last night. Not sure why it's getting panned, it's a perfectly cromulent summer movie. Margot is tits and Margot's tits. First time in a loooooooong time I remembered 'oh yeah, Will Smith is pretty cool.' Cara Devegegegegegewgaegege or whatever can get it - though she's an odd duck. Like, in one shot I'll think 'damn, that might be the sexiest woman on Earth.' and in another shot I'll think 'damn, pluck your goddamned eyebrows, lady.' Viola Davis nailed the Wall. Anyway, it was a solid meh plus.

Though....if you're gonna hire Oscar winner Jared Leto.....to play the first movie version of the Joker since Oscar winner Heath Ledger.....fucking do something with him. They had this shiny new toy and decided to let it sit on the shelf. And don't treat Harley and Joker like they're Bonnie and Clyde, either. Eh, that's the DC Douche in me splitting hairs though MY POINT STILL STANDS.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Aug 2016, 12:06

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Saw it last night. Not sure why it's getting panned, it's a perfectly cromulent summer movie. Margot is tits and Margot's tits. First time in a loooooooong time I remembered 'oh yeah, Will Smith is pretty cool.' Cara Devegegegegegewgaegege or whatever can get it - though she's an odd duck. Like, in one shot I'll think 'damn, that might be the sexiest woman on Earth.' and in another shot I'll think 'damn, pluck your goddamned eyebrows, lady.' Viola Davis nailed the Wall. Anyway, it was a solid meh plus.

Though....if you're gonna hire Oscar winner Jared Leto.....to play the first movie version of the Joker since Oscar winner Heath Ledger.....fucking do something with him. They had this shiny new toy and decided to let it sit on the shelf. And don't treat Harley and Joker like they're Bonnie and Clyde, either. Eh, that's the DC Douche in me splitting hairs though MY POINT STILL STANDS.

Do you guys thinks its a little non-PC to call this film Suicide Squad?

Has 79's group offered up any feedback about the title that I missed?
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby SouthernYokel » 05 Aug 2016, 12:23

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Saw it last night. Not sure why it's getting panned, it's a perfectly cromulent summer movie. Margot is tits and Margot's tits. First time in a loooooooong time I remembered 'oh yeah, Will Smith is pretty cool.' Cara Devegegegegegewgaegege or whatever can get it - though she's an odd duck. Like, in one shot I'll think 'damn, that might be the sexiest woman on Earth.' and in another shot I'll think 'damn, pluck your goddamned eyebrows, lady.' Viola Davis nailed the Wall. Anyway, it was a solid meh plus.

i love margot robbie and the whore version of harley quinn she's doing here, but i would have appreciated it if she'd tried the voice from the animated series. Mistah Jay! Ooh hoo hoo you shoe-uh know howda treat a goil
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Briandong79 » 23 Aug 2016, 11:41

Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 23 Aug 2016, 12:32

Straight to DVD? I demand a theatrical release!
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Briandong79 » 02 Sep 2016, 15:13

Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 13 Sep 2016, 10:50

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby mj3528 » 13 Sep 2016, 10:59

I watched a few minutes of Captain America Winter Soldier because I knew it was filmed in Cleveland so wanted to see where they filmed and how the city looked.

Is that supposed to be a good comic book or superhero movie? It was dreadful. I can't believe so many of these type of movies are made.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 14 Sep 2016, 11:23

TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

PreviousNext

Return to Movies