Best Comic Book and Superhero Movies?

Best Comic Book and Superhero Movies?

Postby Dunking Donut » 15 May 2008, 11:09

Clayton Bigsby wrote:I saw Iron Man last night. It was okay, maybe a meh-plus. Downey was pretty good. A little annoying at times, but that's the character. Lebowski was pretty good, though with the shaved head, I found his neck fat very distracting. The slag Iron Man nailed at the beginning was fantastic to look at, but booooo for not showing her wagons (it was a vag!). The guy who played the government agent trying to get a hold of them was a world class "that guy", and it drove me nuts trying to figure out where I knew him from. Basically, it was just okay. The story was okay, the effects were good, but not amazing, it was pretty cheesy at times, but w.e. its a comic book so that's expected. This was far from the best superhero movie, but far from the worst as well.

Bix you've got no sense for comic book movies at all, bro.

SOTSG, just rely on your pal Dunk to tell you which ones are good or bad. 8)
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Re: Movies You've Seen Even More Recently

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 15 May 2008, 11:16

The best comic book movie in recent years was Batman Begins. No?
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby chrisco » 15 May 2008, 11:32

Clayton Bigsby wrote:I saw Iron Man last night. It was okay, maybe a meh-plus. Downey was pretty good. A little annoying at times, but that's the character. Lebowski was pretty good, though with the shaved head, I found his neck fat very distracting. The slag Iron Man nailed at the beginning was fantastic to look at, but booooo for not showing her wagons (it was a vag!). The guy who played the government agent trying to get a hold of them was a world class "that guy", and it drove me nuts trying to figure out where I knew him from. Basically, it was just okay. The story was okay, the effects were good, but not amazing, it was pretty cheesy at times, but w.e. its a comic book so that's expected. This was far from the best superhero movie, but far from the worst as well.

Did Wolf login as Bixby using his wamparulz password and post this review?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 15 May 2008, 11:35

chrisco wrote:Did Wolf login as Bixby using his wamparulz password and post this review?

Sorry. In the future, every movie I see will be deemed either "horrible" or "amazing". There will be no middle ground.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby CourtesyFlush » 15 May 2008, 11:37

Clayton Bigsby wrote:The best comic book movie in recent years was Batman Begins. No?

Probably the best comic book movie, period. I thought the first Spidey was good, but all others are second to Batman Begins.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 15 May 2008, 11:39

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
chrisco wrote:Did Wolf login as Bixby using his wamparulz password and post this review?

Sorry. In the future, every movie I see will be deemed either "horrible" or "amazing". There will be no middle ground.

That getting with the spirit of America. There is no middle ground, only good guys/bad guys and best movie ever/worst movie ever.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Dunking Donut » 15 May 2008, 11:42

CourtesyFlush wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:The best comic book movie in recent years was Batman Begins. No?

Probably the best comic book movie, period. I thought the first Spidey was good, but all others are second to Batman Begins.

It was way up there. But there are some others like Ghost World or Road To Perdition that get zero friggin' credit because they don't have superheroes jumping around. Batman Begins and X-Men are probably my two favorites that are based on real properties. Unbreakable is really good-- it's what a superhero would be like in real-life but not based on an existing property. That movie doesn't get any credit because it followed The Six Sense and everyone's expectations were too high.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 15 May 2008, 11:45

So what's the worst comic book movie?

I couldn't make it through the second Spider-Man. What a piece of Fucking Shit. Walked out in the theater, first time and last time I'd ever done that.

That Daredevil movie didn't seem to good the one time I watched 20 minutes of it on FX. The second and third X-Men's left a lot to be desired as well.

But I think we know the answer: The Hulk. Fuck you Ang Lee. Butcher. Thank god for Ed Norton.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 15 May 2008, 11:47

Yeah I don't really consider Ghost World or Road to Perdition to be "comic book" movies, even if they were based on comics or graphic novels or whatever gay titles you nerds give to that genre nowadays. To me "comic book" basically "means" superhero. So comic books mean Spider-Man, Superman, X-Men, Daredevil, Batman, Iron Man, etc. Something like Sin City might be considered a "comic book" movie to me, but usually I'm talking traditional, maintstream comics. Like, are most people going to know that Road to Perdition was a comic? I doubt it.

Also, I think Sin City is the best movie listed in this post.

And the worst comic book movie that I've seen: Spider-Man 3. Just awful.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby CourtesyFlush » 15 May 2008, 11:49

MisterTambourineMan wrote:So what's the worst comic book movie?

I couldn't make it through the second Spider-Man. What a piece of Fucking Shit. Walked out in the theater, first time and last time I'd ever done that.

That Daredevil movie didn't seem to good the one time I watched 20 minutes of it on FX. The second and third X-Men's left a lot to be desired as well.

But I think we know the answer: The Hulk. Fuck you Ang Lee. Butcher. Thank god for Ed Norton.

Daredevil was an abortion of a movie. Ben Affleck knows how to lay a few turds, doesn't he?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 15 May 2008, 11:52

I, for one, didn't have the slightest idea that Road to Perdition was a comic book. The first X-Men is my favorite superhero movie, but I agree with Bixby that Sin City is the best movie on that list.

I saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall last weekend and loved it. I liked it more than Knocked Up, less than 40 Year Old Virgin, and about the same as Superbad. And I definitely think a Dracula puppet musical could succeed in real life (if it hasn't already happened).
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dunking Donut » 15 May 2008, 12:49

Yeah, I forgot about Sin City. And 300, even. Both good movies and based on Frank Miller comics.
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby mrclean » 15 May 2008, 13:26

MisterTambourineMan wrote:So what's the worst comic book movie?

You're out of your mind. Spidey 2 is a top-5 superhero flick. Maybe you're thinking of Spidey 3, which was a complete turdburger.

Also in the running for worst SH movie: both Fantastic Fours, and this, which I've never seen but has to be awful:

But imo, the worst SH film ever has to be Batman and Robin. Hell, that's in contention for worst film ever.
mrclean
Another dude worth meeting

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 15 May 2008, 13:32

mrclean wrote:You're out of your mind. Spidey 2 is a top-5 superhero flick.

No.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mrclean » 15 May 2008, 13:38

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mrclean wrote:You're out of your mind. Spidey 2 is a top-5 superhero flick.

No.

My list has Batman Begins #1, Spidey 2 #2, Superman 2 #3, X-Men 2 #4, Burton's Batman #5. Haven't seen Iron Man yet.
mrclean
Another dude worth meeting

Next

Return to Movies