Movies You've Seen Recently

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 29 Jan 2018, 10:26

Happy Death Day.

I enjoyed it. I predicted the killer correctly about halfway thru. A first for me.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby mj3528 » 29 Jan 2018, 10:39

Saw two more movies at Sundance:

Beirut

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4669264/

Jon Hamm plays a foreign service guy that has a terrorist attack occur at his home in Beirut in 1972, and 10 years later is called back to the area due to a situation involving an American he knew. Decent action flick. Rosamund Pike, who was discussed on the board some time ago, is too thin right now and makes her titties smaller than they should be. They hide them too. Good flight movie.

The Sentence

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt7689926/

Documentary about a woman living in Michigan that gets sentenced to 15 years in prison on a conspiracy charge for her boyfriend's drug crimes who is murdered. For some reason she has her charges dropped initially, and then 6 years later the Feds return to prosecute her after she is married to someone else and has 3 children. That was confusing, and not really addressed. It is filmed by her brother. Drags a bit in spots, and it is very deferential to her, so you are left wondering if there is more to the story. If you like documentaries it is worth watching.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby SouthernYokel » 31 Jan 2018, 22:41

Seent the shape of water. It was...ok. worst del Toro movie so far but still interesting. It takes too long to set up. The dad from step Brothers is the MVP. Michael Shannon is a weirdo villian. (No way!). I give it a meh+, if you grade it on a curve based on the stellar reviews it's a big disappointment
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby BigJohnStudd » 01 Feb 2018, 16:31

SouthernYokel wrote:Seent the shape of water. It was...ok. worst del Toro movie so far but still interesting. It takes too long to set up. The dad from step Brothers is the MVP. Michael Shannon is a weirdo villian. (No way!). I give it a meh+, if you grade it on a curve based on the stellar reviews it's a big disappointment

Do you get to see the fish-guy's, um, "fly fish"?
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby SouthernYokel » 01 Feb 2018, 16:49

BigJohnStudd wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:Seent the shape of water. It was...ok. worst del Toro movie so far but still interesting. It takes too long to set up. The dad from step Brothers is the MVP. Michael Shannon is a weirdo villian. (No way!). I give it a meh+, if you grade it on a curve based on the stellar reviews it's a big disappointment

No, they do explain in great detail how he is able to plow the lady though
BostonSucksMyBalls - Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:12 pm: I hope Jax wins next week. If the eagles lose to New England, I’m killing myself on Facebook Live
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Goose » 02 Feb 2018, 16:01

SouthernYokel wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:

No, they do explain in great detail how he is able to plow the lady though

You're supposed to show, not tell. That's just poor movie-making.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 05 Feb 2018, 16:00

Dunkirk. It was good. I guess?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Gregs Kite » 05 Feb 2018, 17:39

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Dunkirk. It was good. I guess?

Did you watch this last night?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

mister braycon - Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:00 pm: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Dthefritz » 05 Feb 2018, 18:50

Saw the National Lampoon movie on the 'flix. I think Kite previewed it? It was uneven, but had some genuinely lol-worthy moments, and I can't say that about too many films these days. Very good cast except for Joel McHale.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby ctz31 » 06 Feb 2018, 09:44

Don't read the novel. Even if briandean tries to force you at gunpoint. It's awful.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby Briandong79 » 06 Feb 2018, 11:34

ctz31 wrote:

Don't read the novel. Even if briandean tries to force you at gunpoint. It's awful.

Probably your first mistake is thinking that it's a novel.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby JT99 » 07 Feb 2018, 11:43

Shot Caller on Amazon Prime

King Slayer from GoT goes to jail as mild-mannered finance guy, but emerges as hardened criminal with a plan.

Solid rec.

See it 31, you will like it. Too much stuff to figure out for you, Balls, sorry.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

mister bacon - 01 Feb 2018 15:00: i need a man on the inside. do it shammy!
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby mister bacon » 07 Feb 2018, 12:25

is this song in the movie?

2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 08 Feb 2018, 22:24

We watched a film this evening called Bad Moms Christmas. These ladies have HAD IT with having to do EVERYTHING for everyone during Christmas season. And now, there taking Christmas back!

Kathryn Hahn is hilarious. I think Cheryl was odd casting as Kristen Bells mom. Cheryl is not funny!

This movie was ok. Drags at times. Mila Kunis remains a brat.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby TheWolf » 08 Feb 2018, 22:28

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:We watched a film this evening called Bad Moms Christmas. These ladies have HAD IT with having to do EVERYTHING for everyone during Christmas season. And now, there taking Christmas back!

Kathryn Hahn is hilarious. I think Cheryl was odd casting as Kristen Bells mom. Cheryl is not funny!

This movie was ok. Drags at times. Mila Kunis remains a brat.

Better or worse than the first one?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to Movies