Movies You've Seen Recently

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby ctz31 » 22 Dec 2017, 10:57

I was perusing for a christmas movie last night, and I came across something called Serendipity. Now normally i wouldn't watch something so gay and with a questionable title like that. But it had Cusack! I'm in. I mean it was entertaining I guess, but pretty stupid with all the coincidences, close calls and such. Cusack was amazing per usual. It also had a Kate Beckinsale, who was pretty hot, as the love interest. But she did have that annoying brit accent to deal with. Did she do that for the part or is she an actual euro? Either way WOULD. These two were pretty big dirtbags, stringing along their sig others, mj# style, while secretly pining for someone they spent 2 hours with 7 years prior. Ok jan.

I'd give this a rec but i do not consider it a christmas movie. What the fuck HBOgo?
ctz31
#nnf

Postby mj3528 » 22 Dec 2017, 11:04

ctz31 wrote:I was perusing for a christmas movie last night, and I came across something called Serendipity. Now normally i wouldn't watch something so gay and with a questionable title like that. But it had Cusack! I'm in. I mean it was entertaining I guess, but pretty stupid with all the coincidences, close calls and such. Cusack was amazing per usual. It also had a Kate Beckinsale, who was pretty hot, as the love interest. But she did have that annoying brit accent to deal with. Did she do that for the part or is she an actual euro? Either way WOULD. These two were pretty big dirtbags, stringing along their sig others, mj# style, while secretly pining for someone they spent 2 hours with 7 years prior. Ok jan.

I'd give this a rec but i do not consider it a christmas movie. What the fuck HBOgo?

I saw that movie in a theater with my ex-wife when it was released, and with crazy girl this summer in her home. They both really like that movie.

It is not great, but moves along and as 31 notes, Kate Beckinsale is indeed hot.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby TheWolf » 22 Dec 2017, 11:44

I think she's a real life Brit. Honestly not sure, though.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Rodney Farva » 22 Dec 2017, 13:08

british. hot. iirc she has one of the worst boob jobs in hollywood history though i am at work so can't GIS to back that up.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Theny » 24 Dec 2017, 08:53

ctz31 wrote:I was perusing for a christmas movie last night, and I came across something called Serendipity. Now normally i wouldn't watch something so gay and with a questionable title like that. But it had Cusack! I'm in. I mean it was entertaining I guess, but pretty stupid with all the coincidences, close calls and such. Cusack was amazing per usual. It also had a Kate Beckinsale, who was pretty hot, as the love interest. But she did have that annoying brit accent to deal with. Did she do that for the part or is she an actual euro? Either way WOULD. These two were pretty big dirtbags, stringing along their sig others, mj# style, while secretly pining for someone they spent 2 hours with 7 years prior. Ok jan.

Beckinsale's fiancé in that movie was great. Such a tool. I believe he's from Big Fat Greek Wedding and SATC.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby BigJohnStudd » 24 Dec 2017, 15:03

Theny wrote:

Beckinsale's fiancé in that movie was great. Such a tool. I believe he's from Big Fat Greek Wedding and SATC.

BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby TheWolf » 24 Dec 2017, 21:17

Theny wrote:

SATC? Is that something obvious I'm missing?
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 24 Dec 2017, 22:26

Took the boys to see Coco yesterday. Probably my favorite kids movie ever. Definitely my favorite movie I saw this year, tremendous flick. High rec.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Theny » 24 Dec 2017, 22:28

TheWolf wrote:
Theny wrote:

Sex And The City. Come on guy.
Theny
Anchor Baby Daddy

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 24 Dec 2017, 23:08

Other than Wonder Woman, I hadnt seen any of the DC universe movies. I think I watched 15 minutes of one of the Superman movies before giving up. Watched Suicide Squad today. Why was that even released? They should have just shelved the movie and taken the L on that one. The CGI was shit, the story and direction were shit, sound design was shit, too much Old Will Smith trying o act like young Will Smith. Apparently the he casting agents never want Chex House of Cards to know that the guy playing Flag can't act for shit. So then they tried to distract the viewers from all this by playing popar songs throughout.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby TheWolf » 25 Dec 2017, 19:23

Theny wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Theny wrote:

Of course. Awesome show. :^o
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby BigJohnStudd » 25 Dec 2017, 20:26

TheWolf wrote:
Theny wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Theny wrote:

Sex and the Anything, is something obvious you're missing.

Of course. Awesome show. :^o
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby Rodney Farva » 25 Dec 2017, 22:44

Lady Bird. very good, some of it was trite, but overall aces.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 27 Dec 2017, 11:57

Molly's Game

pluses:
-Jessica Rabbit Chest stain going for her Erin Brokovich's bra Oscar
-Stringer Bell
-Making Tobey McGuire look like a dick
-The good stuff you'd expect from a Sorkin script

cons:
-The bad stuff you'd expect from a Sorkin script
-"Based on a True Story" should be replaced with "30% of a True Story, maybe"
-The bits all over the place; easy to follow, sure, but lets keep it tight fellas
-it's just kinda there

meh-ly's game
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:10 pm Gregs Kite: You tried. Slap that on your resume.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mj3528 » 27 Dec 2017, 12:07

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Molly's Game

pluses:
-Jessica Rabbit Chest stain going for her Erin Brokovich's bra Oscar
-Stringer Bell
-Making Tobey McGuire look like a dick
-The good stuff you'd expect from a Sorkin script

cons:
-The bad stuff you'd expect from a Sorkin script
-"Based on a True Story" should be replaced with "30% of a True Story, maybe"
-The bits all over the place; easy to follow, sure, but lets keep it tight fellas
-it's just kinda there

meh-ly's game

I am disappointed in that review. This was an actually a movie I was looking forward to seeing. I probably will still do so at some point, just to stare at Jessica Chastain for a few hours.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

PreviousNext

Return to Movies