Movies You've Seen Recently

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby chrisco » 22 Oct 2017, 14:10

Blade Runner 2049 - My ranking of this is possibly inflated by free babysitting and three martinis at dinner, however I liked it a lot. Helped that we watched the original last week. I'd say if you were a fan of the first then you will enjoy this one as well. It was an interesting meditation on what it means to be human with a lot of fog and neon.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 22 Oct 2017, 20:34

chrisco wrote:Blade Runner 2049 - My ranking of this is possibly inflated by free babysitting and three martinis at dinner, however I liked it a lot. Helped that we watched the original last week. I'd say if you were a fan of the first then you will enjoy this one as well. It was an interesting meditation on what it means to be human with a lot of fog and neon.

Was it as awesome as Snowpiercer?

I have a movie preview, also. I watched a film today during NFL Games. /sportsfan

[REC]
This is a Spanish film, subtitled in English. I like to work while watching films. I am not doing any actual work rn, so what the hell? I watched this bc Richard Christy said it was the scariest movie he has ever watched. He is a big horror movie fan. I also looked it up on RT, and I think it was about 90%. It was pretty good. Good enough that they made 3 more, I guess. I dont think it was the scariest movie I have ever seen, but I did enjoy it. The lead female was very cute.

PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby chrisco » 22 Oct 2017, 22:04

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
chrisco wrote:Blade Runner 2049 - My ranking of this is possibly inflated by free babysitting and three martinis at dinner, however I liked it a lot. Helped that we watched the original last week. I'd say if you were a fan of the first then you will enjoy this one as well. It was an interesting meditation on what it means to be human with a lot of fog and neon.

I have a movie preview, also. I watched a film today during NFL Games. /sportsfan

[REC]
This is a Spanish film, subtitled in English. I like to work while watching films. I am not doing any actual work rn, so what the hell? I watched this bc Richard Christy said it was the scariest movie he has ever watched. He is a big horror movie fan. I also looked it up on RT, and I think it was about 90%. It was pretty good. Good enough that they made 3 more, I guess. I dont think it was the scariest movie I have ever seen, but I did enjoy it. The lead female was very cute.

Why don't you tell me the name of the movie you saw recently? /Kramer
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby TheWolf » 22 Oct 2017, 22:16

chrisco wrote:

[REC]

It would appear the movie is named [Rec]. Do you... rec... it? /31
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby chrisco » 22 Oct 2017, 22:19

TheWolf wrote:
chrisco wrote:

[REC]

It would appear the movie is named [Rec]. Do you... rec... it? /31

My bad /teamsco.

And to answer balls, it was not as awesome as Snowpearcer. That movie was a crowd pleaser while Blade Runner 2049 is a serious movie. Apples and Oscars homie.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Briandong79 » 23 Oct 2017, 08:16

Watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Enjoyed. Lots of attractive women in this covered up in ridiculous makeup.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BigJohnStudd » 23 Oct 2017, 11:17

Briandong79 wrote: Lots of attractive women in this covered up in ridiculous makeup.

So, like RuPaul's Drag Race? /Kite
BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Postby mister bacon » 23 Oct 2017, 12:44

I am watching horror movies all month in the spirit of the season. Saturday night I re-watched The Ring for the first time in about 5 years. Naomi Watts was outstanding and very hot. it holds up and might be a classic of the genre.

Sunday night I watched The Cell with jlo, vince vaughn and agent hank schrader. this movie is really fucking terrible and it's kind of a shame. the concept and surrealist representation of the serial killer's mind was great but the first 30 minutes of the movie dragged and were completely unnecessary. j.lo was very hot tho. it's worth a re-watch if you're drunk and bored.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby CourtesyFlush » 23 Oct 2017, 13:17

mister bacon wrote:I am watching horror movies all month in the spirit of the season. Saturday night I re-watched The Ring for the first time in about 5 years. Naomi Watts was outstanding and very hot. it holds up and might be a classic of the genre.

Sunday night I watched The Cell with jlo, vince vaughn and agent hank schrader. this movie is really fucking terrible and it's kind of a shame. the concept and surrealist representation of the serial killer's mind was great but the first 30 minutes of the movie dragged and were completely unnecessary. j.lo was very hot tho. it's worth a re-watch if you're drunk and bored.

Please tell me one or multiple of the following have either been watched or will be watched before next Wednesday:

Halloween
Friday the 13th
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 23 Oct 2017, 14:59

CourtesyFlush wrote:
mister bacon wrote:I am watching horror movies all month in the spirit of the season. Saturday night I re-watched The Ring for the first time in about 5 years. Naomi Watts was outstanding and very hot. it holds up and might be a classic of the genre.

Please tell me one or multiple of the following have either been watched or will be watched before next Wednesday:

Halloween
Friday the 13th

I've heard this one is good.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/31_(film)
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby ctz31 » 23 Oct 2017, 15:19

Briandong79 wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:

Halloween
Friday the 13th

I've heard this one is good.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/31_(film)

This is a must see imo.

ctz31
#nnf

Postby ctz31 » 25 Oct 2017, 08:53

I watched a gp last night on hbogo called abandon from aught two. It is a "psychological thriller" which i enjoy as my reading of book category du jour, so i thought i'd give it a try. Man this was pretty stinky. It involved Katie Cruise as the lead female. She is decent looking. She plays a college girl whose rich boyfriend abandons her, and for some reason the lead guy from the beauty pageant movie with sandra bullock and murphy brown plays a cop who is trying to track this dude down two years after he leaves. It flips back and forth throughout from scenes from 2 years ago between katie and her boyfriend, before he disappeared, to the present time, where the old boyfriend has started showing up again and tormenting poor katie.

There is a twist at the end, which i guess makes it a psyche thriller, but i figured it out like 20 minutes before it happened. I'm pretty smart that way. I won't spoil it for those that plan to take this in some time in the near future. It also had a familiar looking actress that played katie's bestie and roommate. Lemme look it up. It was zoey deshanel of Elf fame.

I would not rec this, but it was an hour thirty eight, and DID have a somewhat surprising ending which i enjoy.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby TheWolf » 25 Oct 2017, 09:01

ctz31 wrote:I watched a gp last night on hbogo called abandon from aught two. It is a "psychological thriller" which i enjoy as my reading of book category du jour, so i thought i'd give it a try. Man this was pretty stinky. It involved Katie Cruise as the lead female. She is decent looking. She plays a college girl whose rich boyfriend abandons her, and for some reason the lead guy from the beauty pageant movie with sandra bullock and murphy brown plays a cop who is trying to track this dude down two years after he leaves. It flips back and forth throughout from scenes from 2 years ago between katie and her boyfriend, before he disappeared, to the present time, where the old boyfriend has started showing up again and tormenting poor katie.

There is a twist at the end, which i guess makes it a psyche thriller, but i figured it out like 20 minutes before it happened. I'm pretty smart that way. I won't spoil it for those that plan to take this in some time in the near future. It also had a familiar looking actress that played katie's bestie and roommate. Lemme look it up. It was zoey deshanel of Elf fame.

I would not rec this, but it was an hour thirty eight, and DID have a somewhat surprising ending which i enjoy.

I enjoyed that preview. I really like the way you refer to actors with descriptions such as "the lead guy from the beauty pageant movie with sandra bullock and murphy brown." Even when I have no fucking clue who you're referring to, I still like this descriptive technique and it usually makes me laugh. TY for sharing your thoughts on this film.

Was the somewhat surprising ending different than the twist that you figured out 20 minutes earlier and was therefore not surprising?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby ctz31 » 25 Oct 2017, 09:26

TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:I watched a gp last night on hbogo called abandon from aught two. It is a "psychological thriller" which i enjoy as my reading of book category du jour, so i thought i'd give it a try. Man this was pretty stinky. It involved Katie Cruise as the lead female. She is decent looking. She plays a college girl whose rich boyfriend abandons her, and for some reason the lead guy from the beauty pageant movie with sandra bullock and murphy brown plays a cop who is trying to track this dude down two years after he leaves. It flips back and forth throughout from scenes from 2 years ago between katie and her boyfriend, before he disappeared, to the present time, where the old boyfriend has started showing up again and tormenting poor katie.

I enjoyed that preview. I really like the way you refer to actors with descriptions such as "the lead guy from the beauty pageant movie with sandra bullock and murphy brown." Even when I have no fucking clue who you're referring to, I still like this descriptive technique and it usually makes me laugh. TY for sharing your thoughts on this film.

Was the somewhat surprising ending different than the twist that you figured out 20 minutes earlier and was therefore not surprising?

ty. it was the same twist ending. But i figure dumber viewers than myself would not figure it out quite as easily.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby chrisco » 25 Oct 2017, 09:29

ctz31 wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

ty. it was the same twist ending. But i figure dumber viewers than myself would not figure it out quite as easily.

Sonning the board like that....

chrisco
Madoff

PreviousNext

Return to Movies