Movies You've Seen Recently

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 23 Apr 2017, 21:02

ctz31 wrote:I watched a pretty boston centric film last evening called Patriot Day. It starred Mark Walhberg as a police officer on duty the day of the famously predicted by balls Boston Marathon bombing. It was pretty decent. I enjoyed that they used actual footage from the event throughout the film, rather than doing recreations. A coupla thoughts:

Only 3 people died in that thing? I did not recall that. Thought it was more of a massacre. I guess that's why the one dude said they should have put the bombs at hip height instead of on the ground. More people perishing instead of just losing limbs.

I knew they'd finish with the gay david ortiz quote. He's not even from there. Dumb.

The last scene was a chill scene when they showed the pic of the 8 year old who passed.

Did that gunfight with the older brother really go down as depicted in the film? I don't recall them having a balls out shoot out, and then the other brother running him over with his car. I thought there were just some shots fired. Was this for dramatic effect?

I would rec this film. It was a tad too long at 2 and 12.

We watched this. It was alright.

That shootout was awesome. I was LOLing my butt off at every bomb grenade they threw at the cop cars.

John Goodman looks very off-putting. He needs to stop dying his eyebrows. And Johnny Sack got fat.

I liked when the one bombers wife bitched at him for getting 2% milk. After the bombings! Bitches!
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby ctz31 » 24 Apr 2017, 09:50

I watched an old film last night starring Goldie Hawn called Wildcats. Shockingly, it held up! I couldn't believe it. A stupid film from the 70's or 80's that actually was still a decent watch. To be one hundred, the ex husband had legit beef. The film makes you feel like he's over reacting, but GTFO. He comes to pick up his kids, and they are hanging out with a bunch of deliquent N's in high school, the daughter has died her hair and is getting drunk, THEN getting driven home by Wesley Snipes. I'd be going nuts that he R'd her. The other daughter is like 8 years old and using words like Mother fucker. She should have lost custody.

The football scenes were pretty dumb. Every game they were down 4 w 30 seconds left and hit a bomb. Ok. I am making it sound shitty but it was good. I like the villain coach of the other school. He is lou paloma in a classic Tales from the Crypt ep.

Recommend.

I also like the principal of the high school she teaches at. Nipsey Russell. Was he an NBA star? Sounds like it. RIIIIGGGGGGGGTTTTT.

The daughter was played by the chick that is danielsan's friendzone girl from III. I initially thought it was cindy mancini (flush knows who i mean), but i was mistaken.

Anyway, good film. solid rec.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby JT99 » 24 Apr 2017, 09:59

ctz31 wrote:I watched an old film last night starring Goldie Hawn called Wildcats. Shockingly, it held up! I couldn't believe it. A stupid film from the 70's or 80's that actually was still a decent watch. To be one hundred, the ex husband had legit beef. The film makes you feel like he's over reacting, but GTFO. He comes to pick up his kids, and they are hanging out with a bunch of deliquent N's in high school, the daughter has died her hair and is getting drunk, THEN getting driven home by Wesley Snipes. I'd be going nuts that he R'd her. The other daughter is like 8 years old and using words like Mother fucker. She should have lost custody.

The football scenes were pretty dumb. Every game they were down 4 w 30 seconds left and hit a bomb. Ok. I am making it sound shitty but it was good. I like the villain coach of the other school. He is lou paloma in a classic Tales from the Crypt ep.

Recommend.

I also like the principal of the high school she teaches at. Nipsey Russell. Was he an NBA star? Sounds like it. RIIIIGGGGGGGGTTTTT.

The daughter was played by the chick that is danielsan's friendzone girl from III. I initially thought it was cindy mancini (flush knows who i mean), but i was mistaken.

Works as both "r*pe" and "R. Kelly'ed her"
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby CourtesyFlush » 24 Apr 2017, 10:18

ctz31 wrote:I watched an old film last night starring Goldie Hawn called Wildcats. Shockingly, it held up! I couldn't believe it. A stupid film from the 70's or 80's that actually was still a decent watch. To be one hundred, the ex husband had legit beef. The film makes you feel like he's over reacting, but GTFO. He comes to pick up his kids, and they are hanging out with a bunch of deliquent N's in high school, the daughter has died her hair and is getting drunk, THEN getting driven home by Wesley Snipes. I'd be going nuts that he R'd her. The other daughter is like 8 years old and using words like Mother fucker. She should have lost custody.

Recommend.

I know EXACTLY what you mean. The actress here is actually Robyn Lively--she was friendzone girl from 3 and also in Teen Witch. She's also Blake Lively's half sister per wiki.

Never seen Wildcats but it's got a who's who cast--Nipsey Russell, D-Day from Animal House, Bubba from Forrest Gump, both halves of White Men Can't Jump, Nipsey Russell, the fat guy from Police Academy, LL Cool J, and the old lady from Titanic. All that's missing is Kevin Bacon.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 24 Apr 2017, 10:32

Jitz - You seen Fate of the Furious yet? Its on my todo list, looking for a take.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Jew Jitsu » 25 Apr 2017, 08:55

No. I tapped out after the last one. These recent versions don't have the soul of the earlier ones. They're just made to blow shit up and pimp newest Dodge models to minorities with bad credit.
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby CourtesyFlush » 25 Apr 2017, 08:59

Jew Jitsu wrote:No. I tapped out after the last one. These recent versions don't have the soul of the earlier ones. They're just made to blow shit up and pimp newest Dodge models to minorities with bad credit.

The whole world hasn't been the same since November 30, 2013.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 25 Apr 2017, 09:02

Hey, you still have this

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby TheWolf » 25 Apr 2017, 09:02

Jew Jitsu wrote:No. I tapped out after the last one. These recent versions don't have the soul of the earlier ones. They're just made to blow shit up and pimp newest Dodge models to minorities with bad credit.

That wasn't the point of the early ones?
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 25 Apr 2017, 09:46

TheWolf wrote:

That wasn't the point of the early ones?

geez wolf, it's like you missed all the nuance and subtlety of these movies
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 27 Apr 2017, 11:12

MisterTambourineMan wrote:Midnight Special. It was interesting. Not sure if it was good. Michael Shannon continues to be the shit, though.

I watched this. It was enjoyable, though I'm not sure it needed to be made.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 29 Apr 2017, 19:18

Jew Jitsu wrote:I saw that new movie Split. It's a good movie, good story line, interesting plus lots of smoking "teenage" ass walking around half naked. Basically three chicks get kidnapped by some psycho with multiple personalities and fun ensues. It stars people I've never seen and the main guy was pretty good as the bad guy. Whoever the director is, he seems like a pervert with all the focus on the teen titties and ass but then again who am I to judge art? Strong rec.

Watched this this evening. It was ok. I marked very hard at the end.

McAvoy was really solid, whoever he is. I liked the negress. TY.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby chrisco » 29 Apr 2017, 20:13

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:I saw that new movie Split. It's a good movie, good story line, interesting plus lots of smoking "teenage" ass walking around half naked. Basically three chicks get kidnapped by some psycho with multiple personalities and fun ensues. It stars people I've never seen and the main guy was pretty good as the bad guy. Whoever the director is, he seems like a pervert with all the focus on the teen titties and ass but then again who am I to judge art? Strong rec.

Watched this this evening. It was ok. I marked very hard at the end.

McAvoy was really solid, whoever he is. I liked the negress. TY.

Looking forward to Thin Skin Kite spending days and days making fun of this movie now that something Jitz did got a modicum of approval.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Gregs Kite » 30 Apr 2017, 11:46

Dude.

Really?
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby chrisco » 30 Apr 2017, 11:49

Gregs Kite wrote:Dude.

Really?

Based on your recent actions, Really.
chrisco
Madoff

PreviousNext

Return to Movies