Movies You've Seen Recently

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 04 Apr 2017, 12:38

mj3528 wrote:
babylurch wrote:
BigJohnStudd wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
So Aldi is too upscale for Redbox? Is that what you are saying here? Honestly, I dont know who i would think is poorer, the Aldi shopper or Redbox movie renter.

the answer here is "guy without netflix"

Even I have Netflix.

I don't

I just got netflix a few weeks ago because I wanted to watch People v. OJ Simpson.

I see zero point in Netflix. I think its good for kids shows, so that would make sense. I cant envision a scenario where I would ever watch anything on it myself.

I like girls /Theny
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby TheWolf » 04 Apr 2017, 12:55

They have some good original programming, and it is in fact good for kids' shows. Their movie selection is horrendous. I don't know how 31 finds something even remotely interesting on there on a regular basis.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Gregs Kite » 04 Apr 2017, 12:57

TheWolf wrote:They have some good original programming, and it is in fact good for kids' shows. Their movie selection is horrendous. I don't know how 31 finds something even remotely interesting on there on a regular basis.

Having "Jailbait" is enough to off-set the terrible film selection, in my opinion.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 04 Apr 2017, 12:59

TheWolf wrote:They have some good original programming, and it is in fact good for kids' shows. Their movie selection is horrendous. I don't know how 31 finds something even remotely interesting on there on a regular basis.

Their movie selection isn't awful if you literally have never watched a movie before, because there are some decent ones on there. Most are just ones I've seen.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby the cheese » 04 Apr 2017, 13:02

I have never opened up Netflix, thought of a movie title I wanted to see, typed it in, and had it be available to watch. Not once.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby TheWolf » 04 Apr 2017, 13:03

Briandong79 wrote:

Their movie selection isn't awful if you literally have never watched a movie before, because there are some decent ones on there. Most are just ones I've seen.

That's a fair point. There are a bunch of good older movies. But I feel like by the time new stuff gets to Netflix, even I've already seen it.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby mister bacon » 04 Apr 2017, 13:39

TheWolf wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

That's a fair point. There are a bunch of good older movies. But I feel like by the time new stuff gets to Netflix, even I've already seen it.

it's def not the place for new movies. that's what Redbox is for, blood.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 06 Apr 2017, 07:59

ctz31 wrote:I watched a film on friday evening. It was a comedy called office christmas party. it was good! starred....hmm i can't remember who it starred. oh jason bateman of teen wolf too fame. also mallorys brother IRL. mallory, great name. jen aniston was in this as well.

This was a comedy and i laughed several times. Scenes i remember that were comical. Bateman sucking a drink from an ice luge thing and the spout was a penis. lol. Some black guy falling down some stairs. Trust me it was funny. And i remember they used the phrase i invented, "never not funny" aka #nnf. The writer of this comes here.

I'd rec this movie as a light whimsical comedy worth viewing.

We watched this last night. Agreed with your assessment that it's a light whimsical comedy worth viewing.

TJ Miller plays a good sympathetic idiot. I wasn't buying anything about Olivia Munn's character but that may be because I'm on the side of the rest of DDCs fam.

Funniest part was the black guy falling while trying to swing across the room. I LOLd.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby ctz31 » 06 Apr 2017, 08:36

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
ctz31 wrote:I watched a film on friday evening. It was a comedy called office christmas party. it was good! starred....hmm i can't remember who it starred. oh jason bateman of teen wolf too fame. also mallorys brother IRL. mallory, great name. jen aniston was in this as well.

This was a comedy and i laughed several times. Scenes i remember that were comical. Bateman sucking a drink from an ice luge thing and the spout was a penis. lol. Some black guy falling down some stairs. Trust me it was funny. And i remember they used the phrase i invented, "never not funny" aka #nnf. The writer of this comes here.

I'd rec this movie as a light whimsical comedy worth viewing.

We watched this last night. Agreed with your assessment that it's a light whimsical comedy worth viewing.

TJ Miller plays a good sympathetic idiot. I wasn't buying anything about Olivia Munn's character but that may be because I'm on the side of the rest of DDCs fam.

Funniest part was the black guy falling while trying to swing across the room. I LOLd.

Did you catch the never not funny?

I watched an affleck film the other night called Live by Night i believe. He played a boston gangster in the aught teens of the 1900's. It was pretty good. I enjoyed one scene where they were trying to strong arm some guy and he was saying he had people above him with power that wouldnt' stand for this and affleck said something along the lines of "so you are threatening me with people with more power than you? than why are we even talking to you?" and shot him in the head. You had to be there. chill scene. anyway I don't remember any other details but it was worth viewing. I'd rec it.

I got sucked into sarah marshall last night. If its on, i'm watching. Best comedy of the last 20 years imo. That dude from how i met your mother has a terrific penis.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 06 Apr 2017, 08:42

Yeah I caught the never not funny line. I thought of SOTSG and you.

I also watched maybe 15 mins of FSM last night. I have to say that this was at the peak of both Kristen Bell and Mila Kunis. Both were scorchingly hot as hell in this one.

BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 06 Apr 2017, 09:15

Peeped Crimson Peak last night starring Loki, Chest Stain, and I think that bish from the Alice in Wonderland movies? Pretty good, nice slow burn and good job of showing not telling. They beat you over the head with "something weird is going on here" but dole out the answers pretty slowly until a pretty bonkers final act. Nice visuals. One of the few horror films I've liked recently.
Gregs Kite wrote:This "outrage" over President Trump not naming white supremacy reminds of the time all you people on the left were outraged that Obama never once mentioned radical Islam by name.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby TheWolf » 10 Apr 2017, 09:23

Life, starring Ryan Reynolds and Jake Gyllenhall. Excellent film, haunting and powerful. Reynolds really proves that he IS a movie star.

I'm lying. This movie was dumb as fuck. IMHO, it spends about 95 of it's 104 minutes setting up a sequel, which will also suck but will probably be better than this. I think I'm done with space movies. No matter how suspenseful and interesting you try to make it, it's boring af to watch a handful of people float around in a metal box for 2 hours.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 10 Apr 2017, 09:27

Trolls--Kid schlock. Better options out there. Would not recommend. Go with Storks or Secret Lives of Pets

Win It All--Nick Miller from New Girl plays Nick Miller who can swear because it's a movie. He's also a degenerate gambler. This is a small independent comedy/drama so it's pretty inconsequential but it's a decent viewing. Good cast, everyone in it is likable enough. On Netflix. Would recommend if you want something light for about 90 minutes.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Gregs Kite » 10 Apr 2017, 09:28

Briandong79 wrote:Trolls--Kid schlock. Better options out there. Would not recommend. Go with Storks or Secret Lives of Pets

I LOVED Trolls. Shut the kids the fuck up for an hour and a half.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby TheWolf » 10 Apr 2017, 09:30

I thought Trolls was better than Secret Lives of Pets.
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

PreviousNext

Return to Movies