Movies You've Seen Recently

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby TheWolf » 01 Nov 2017, 09:17

ctz31 wrote:I watched a film on hbogo last evening. It was called Witness Protection and starred one of the heroes from saving private ryan, tom sizemore as a man who has testifies against his irish brethren and has to take his family on the run. I just looked at this guys imdb, and for a guy who is barely known amongst normal people, holy shit has he been in a lot of.....shit. He has like 50 films in post production for 2018. How is he getting so much work? ball?

It also starred one of those famous negros, i always get their names mixed up. Now sam jackson, or morgan freeman, but there are two others. Laurence fishburn, who i don't believe this was him. Its the fatter one with the lazy eye. Anyway, this film stunk. the movie was basically just a walk through the 5 days from when he testified to when they assumed their new identity. It just basically went through the process. I kept waiting for something interesting to happen. Like the mob finds him, or he tries to escape from the black guy. but nothing happens! The movie ends with them assuming their new identities. Do NOT recommend. It was pretty short. Like 1:30ish.

The black you're thinking of is Forest "for the trees" Whitaker. Excellent description; it was enough for even me to figure out who you meant.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 01 Nov 2017, 18:15

TheWolf wrote:
ctz31 wrote:I watched a film on hbogo last evening. It was called Witness Protection and starred one of the heroes from saving private ryan, tom sizemore as a man who has testifies against his irish brethren and has to take his family on the run. I just looked at this guys imdb, and for a guy who is barely known amongst normal people, holy shit has he been in a lot of.....shit. He has like 50 films in post production for 2018. How is he getting so much work? ball?

It also starred one of those famous negros, i always get their names mixed up. Now sam jackson, or morgan freeman, but there are two others. Laurence fishburn, who i don't believe this was him. Its the fatter one with the lazy eye. Anyway, this film stunk. the movie was basically just a walk through the 5 days from when he testified to when they assumed their new identity. It just basically went through the process. I kept waiting for something interesting to happen. Like the mob finds him, or he tries to escape from the black guy. but nothing happens! The movie ends with them assuming their new identities. Do NOT recommend. It was pretty short. Like 1:30ish.

The black you're thinking of is Forest "for the trees" Whitaker. Excellent description; it was enough for even me to figure out who you meant.

This post reminded me out of the blue of this terrible movie I saw in theaters called Dreamcatcher, maybe 15 years ago. I think it was based on Stephen King. The reason I thought of it was Tom Sizemore played the good lieutenant to Morgan Freeman's crazed militarist. It was the complete opposite casting choice you'd expect, and was the only enjoyable part of this movie, which I completely forgot existed. Even now I couldn't begin to tell you the plot. Something about aliens.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby TheWolf » 01 Nov 2017, 20:21

Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

This post reminded me out of the blue of this terrible movie I saw in theaters called Dreamcatcher, maybe 15 years ago. I think it was based on Stephen King. The reason I thought of it was Tom Sizemore played the good lieutenant to Morgan Freeman's crazed militarist. It was the complete opposite casting choice you'd expect, and was the only enjoyable part of this movie, which I completely forgot existed. Even now I couldn't begin to tell you the plot. Something about aliens.

That movie was a goddamn abortion. The book was reasonably entertaining. Movies made from his books seem to be very hit or miss.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 03 Nov 2017, 14:45

I decided to slum it with an American film today. But I ain't know what to watch. To Reddit I went! There were some very rave previews about a new release called Super Dark Times. High school thriller. Rotten T gave it in the 90s. 4 pals are hanging out. Something happens. They have to deal with it. The lead high school women is quite fetching imo. I will give this a rec. it's like a teen angst film, but it's not supernatural or anything like that crap.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 07 Nov 2017, 12:16

I watched a film on Showtime tm that I give a very slight rec for. Here is my preview.

Film: The Eyes
Premise: 6 random individuals are drugged and kidnapped to a location for a “confession party”. Essentially they all have sordid pasts, and they have to bandy together to decide who of them survives the evening. All but one must perish. It’s like Saw or a number of other films of a similar nature. Big Pussy and Jawn Leguizamo are in it, alone with a bombass and an Emma Stone knockoff.

I like these types of films bc they are easy to watch. Not much thinking. Semi interesting plot lines. This one has a bit of a twist ending to make it stand out.

Rating: long dick NBA post.

Edit: apparently it’s Nick Tuturro, not Jawn Leguizamo lol. Whatever.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 07 Nov 2017, 12:19

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:I watched a film on Showtime tm that I give a very slight rec for. Here is my preview.

Film: The Eyes
Premise: 6 random individuals are drugged and kidnapped to a location for a “confession party”. Essentially they all have sordid pasts, and they have to bandy together to decide who of them survives the evening. All but one must perish. It’s like Saw or a number of other films of a similar nature. Big Pussy and Jawn Leguizamo are in it, alone with a bombass and an Emma Stone knockoff.

I like these types of films bc they are easy to watch. Not much thinking. Semi interesting plot lines. This one has a bit of a twist ending to make it stand out.

Rating: long dick NBA post.

hmmm... is this an insult? compliment? backhanded compliment? unsure of meaning? pile of dribble? indication of animosity/beef with me?????? or hand of friendship??? :o :o :o :o
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby chrisco » 08 Nov 2017, 21:46

I seen Dunkirk on a dubious print of questionable origins. It was a very good war movie. Despite having that post Private Ryan realism, it was a very patriotic movie that I feel every important director needs to make about where they identify from. The shitty quality of my movie bolstered that vibe and contributed to my watching experience. It felt like I was watching a movie made in the 50s on a really crappy camera. Will rec for anyone who likes war movies, shell shocked cillian murphy, or movies with less than 1000 words of dialog in it.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby ctz31 » 10 Nov 2017, 09:01

chrisco wrote:I seen Dunkirk on a dubious print of questionable origins. It was a very good war movie. Despite having that post Private Ryan realism, it was a very patriotic movie that I feel every important director needs to make about where they identify from. The shitty quality of my movie bolstered that vibe and contributed to my watching experience. It felt like I was watching a movie made in the 50s on a really crappy camera. Will rec for anyone who likes war movies, shell shocked cillian murphy, or movies with less than 1000 words of dialog in it.

Whatever you do don't read the book. Even if dong rec's it for you. Hell even if dong BUYS it for you.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby chrisco » 10 Nov 2017, 09:08

ctz31 wrote:
chrisco wrote:I seen Dunkirk on a dubious print of questionable origins. It was a very good war movie. Despite having that post Private Ryan realism, it was a very patriotic movie that I feel every important director needs to make about where they identify from. The shitty quality of my movie bolstered that vibe and contributed to my watching experience. It felt like I was watching a movie made in the 50s on a really crappy camera. Will rec for anyone who likes war movies, shell shocked cillian murphy, or movies with less than 1000 words of dialog in it.

Whatever you do don't read the book. Even if dong rec's it for you. Hell even if dong BUYS it for you.

Good looking out.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Jew Jitsu » 10 Nov 2017, 13:41

Is it heavy on the USA = #1 bullshit?
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 Nov 2017, 13:45

Jew Jitsu wrote:Is it heavy on the USA = #1 bullshit?

we're not in this one, pre-1941. i assume it's heavy on the UK = #1 bullshit
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby chrisco » 10 Nov 2017, 14:34

SouthernYokel wrote:
Jew Jitsu wrote:Is it heavy on the USA = #1 bullshit?

we're not in this one, pre-1941. i assume it's heavy on the UK = #1 bullshit

Its a lot of British doing their duty, sacrificing themselves for the nation, and keeping a stiff upper lip.

The lack of dialog keeps it manageable though. That and the central plot is a logistics problem.
chrisco
Madoff

Previous

Return to Movies