Movies You've Seen Recently

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 17 Mar 2017, 13:30

TheWolf wrote:He said he doesn't like the Coen Bros and wouldn't have watched this if he knew they made it. After watching it, it was sort of ok but not nearly as good as advertised, and the Coens still suck. How is that talking out of both sides of his mouth?

And who the fuck only talks out of one side of their mouth anyway? You talk with your whole mouth. That expression is retarded.

/Palsy
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby mister bacon » 18 Mar 2017, 00:16

ctz31 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:
ctz31 wrote:I watched an Irish Mob film repped hard here called Miller's Crossing.

DtheFritz said "how is this not considered a top 5 mob movie"

JT99 gave it two thumbs up

MJ#'s said "if you're going to see one irish mob film this year, make sure it's Miller Crossing"

I enjoy mob films. Figured what the hell. it was decent tbf.

It wasn't til the end i realized it was a coen brothers joint. That woulda been a hard pass.

I would give this a flaccid rec.

F'in coen's.

I mean i gave them props. Said it was decent. But in general they are awful. Okay?

2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Rodney Farva » 20 Mar 2017, 01:58

caught a couple flicks on the flight home. thumbs up (my ass) for both.

Arrival
I thought it was good, very good. Kind of screws with your mind a bit until you figure out the big key hidden structural element
Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Matty McConahayay wrote:time is a circle

good job by amy adams

Hell or High Water
nothing here that hasn't been done before, but if you're going to trade in cliches and old tropes it helps to execute them well. chris pine was a lot better than i thought he would be, jeff bridges could do this in his sleep but still very good here, i enjoyed the casually racist banter with his half mexican/half indian partner. one huge plot hole
Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
the cops really couldn't piece together easily enough that pine was the second bankrobber? oh come on

but overall things moved along briskly enough, plot didn't overly insult the intelligence.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Briandong79 » 20 Mar 2017, 08:11

Took the boys to see LEGO Batman on Saturday. Had a good time. Some solid jokes about old Batman stuff that went over their heads, but overall, they did a good job. Youngest boy ate so much popcorn and Icee that I was legitimately worried he'd puke during the last half hour. He toughed it out though. Decent rec for the kids.

Watched about 45 minutes of Speed as well. Despite being a very 90s movie, holds up shockingly well.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Mar 2017, 09:19

We rented Keeping Up With the Joneses on Sat On Demand. It is a comedy that stars SJW-extraordinaire Zach Galifinakis, Isla Fisher, Don Draper, and some bombass named Gal Gadot. It got pretty shitty reviews. But I thought it was somewhat decent. She loved it.

My gripe was the casting of Isla Fisher. She played Zach's wife. I wasnt buying it at all. They should of casted Melissa McCarthy, honestly.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Magnum » 20 Mar 2017, 09:24

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
bosux wrote:i'm seeing get out as a strong to very strong reco...am i wrong here?

It's pretty fucking good. Creepy as shit. I'd comp it to Marathon Man, honestly. More thriller than horror. There's a definite SJW/BLM/liberal/whatever vibe but it's not overpowering. Strong rec.

I am envisioning bo going to the theater to see Get Out and I am chuckling.

I seen this this weekend. It was good. Recommend.
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 pm MisterTambourineMan you're salt of the earth, jike. like, a lot of salt.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 20 Mar 2017, 11:43

Magnum wrote:
bosux wrote:i'm seeing get out as a strong to very strong reco...am i wrong here?

It's pretty fucking good. Creepy as shit. I'd comp it to Marathon Man, honestly. More thriller than horror. There's a definite SJW/BLM/liberal/whatever vibe but it's not overpowering. Strong rec.

Did you go with your husband? Who watched Shabazz?

What kind of snacks and refreshments did you enjoy?
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby Magnum » 20 Mar 2017, 11:47

Magnum wrote:

Did you go with your husband? Who watched Shabazz?

What kind of snacks and refreshments did you enjoy?

Yes. My parents.
Water.
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 pm MisterTambourineMan you're salt of the earth, jike. like, a lot of salt.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby Gregs Kite » 20 Mar 2017, 14:29

You party.

Did you smuggle it in our purse to stick it to those overcharging jerks?
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Magnum » 21 Mar 2017, 09:46

Gregs Kite wrote:You party.

Did you smuggle it in our purse to stick it to those overcharging jerks?

On a diet. The crap there is not diet friendly.
Smuggle.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby ctz31 » 21 Mar 2017, 11:37

I watched a pretty boston centric film last evening called Patriot Day. It starred Mark Walhberg as a police officer on duty the day of the famously predicted by balls Boston Marathon bombing. It was pretty decent. I enjoyed that they used actual footage from the event throughout the film, rather than doing recreations. A coupla thoughts:

Only 3 people died in that thing? I did not recall that. Thought it was more of a massacre. I guess that's why the one dude said they should have put the bombs at hip height instead of on the ground. More people perishing instead of just losing limbs.

I knew they'd finish with the gay david ortiz quote. He's not even from there. Dumb.

The last scene was a chill scene when they showed the pic of the 8 year old who passed.

Did that gunfight with the older brother really go down as depicted in the film? I don't recall them having a balls out shoot out, and then the other brother running him over with his car. I thought there were just some shots fired. Was this for dramatic effect?

I would rec this film. It was a tad too long at 2 and 12.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby mj3528 » 21 Mar 2017, 11:39

ctz31 wrote:I watched a pretty boston centric film last evening called Patriot Day. It starred Mark Walhberg as a police officer on duty the day of the famously predicted by balls Boston Marathon bombing. It was pretty decent. I enjoyed that they used actual footage from the event throughout the film, rather than doing recreations. A coupla thoughts:

Only 3 people died in that thing? I did not recall that. Thought it was more of a massacre. I guess that's why the one dude said they should have put the bombs at hip height instead of on the ground. More people perishing instead of just losing limbs.

I knew they'd finish with the gay david ortiz quote. He's not even from there. Dumb.

The last scene was a chill scene when they showed the pic of the 8 year old who passed.

Did that gunfight with the older brother really go down as depicted in the film? I don't recall them having a balls out shoot out, and then the other brother running him over with his car. I thought there were just some shots fired. Was this for dramatic effect?

I have not seen this. The movie really should have started with bsmb at work, typing his prediction on sotsg.com, followed by him receiving a text from kite. Would have really set the stage for the drama to follow.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby TVF wannabe » 21 Mar 2017, 11:56

ctz31 wrote:I watched a pretty boston centric film last evening called Patriot Day. It starred Mark Walhberg as a police officer on duty the day of the famously predicted by balls Boston Marathon bombing. It was pretty decent. I enjoyed that they used actual footage from the event throughout the film, rather than doing recreations. A coupla thoughts:

without having seen the movie, your description is how I remember it going down, including the brother running him over.
TVF wannabe
The Bomb Dick

Postby Gregs Kite » 21 Mar 2017, 12:02

ctz31 wrote:The last scene was a chill scene when they showed the pic of the 8 year old who passed.

Nope.

The town of Watertown was pretty much a warzone that night. Those little shits were armed to their raghead unibrows.
You fuckers ruined kite.

Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

BostonSucksMyBalls - Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 pm: greg your being a lil bitch in the hall of sand

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby ctz31 » 21 Mar 2017, 12:05

Gregs Kite wrote:
ctz31 wrote:The last scene was a chill scene when they showed the pic of the 8 year old who passed.

Nope.

Maybe chill scene was the wrong term. Dusty?
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

PreviousNext

Return to Movies