Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Re: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Postby Fletch » 08 Jul 2008, 21:13

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:Actually in Raiders it's not that difficult to believe he could have ridden the sub to the Nazi base. Pre-WWII subs were all diesels which had to operate on batteries to dive under water. Most of the time the subs ran above the water so they could charge their batteries and run on the diesel engines which need air. Since it wasn't a wartime situation and they weren't in a war game/exercise, they probably would have traveled the entire distance on the water instead of under. If they did happen to dive, the tower has an airlock between the top door and the door inside where he could have hidden for the duration.

As for Marion escaping the truck, the "explanation" given by Indy when he sees her alive is that "they must have switched the baskets," which I guess means she was put on a different truck and he didn't notice in the confusion of the million different baskets being carried around.

That's my two cents on the subject.

=D> =D> =D>

Good luck to anyone who tries to explain away the bullshit nuclear fridge bit...
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Colonel Angus » 25 Feb 2011, 09:10

Over the last two nights we watched this movie on the DVR so my kid could see it. (We just finished the Lego Indy game for the second time, so she wanted to see the last film.)

It was only the second time I had seen it (my thoughts on my first viewing are chronicled earlier in this thread) and it really wasn't that bad. It is obviously not on the same level as the first three movies, but it's decent. I think the heavy backlash was just from crushed expectations of people who expected/hoped it would be as good as the original trilogy. But it's not a terrible film. And it might have been better if they had made it five or so years earlier, when Harrison Ford and Karen Allen weren't quite so decrepit and Shia LeBouef wouldn't have been in it.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Feb 2011, 13:40

Colonel Angus wrote: and it really wasn't that bad. It is obviously not on the same level as the first three movies, but it's decent. I think the heavy backlash was just from crushed expectations of people who expected/hoped it would be as good as the original trilogy. But it's not a terrible film. And it might have been better if they had made it five or so years earlier, when Harrison Ford and Karen Allen weren't quite so decrepit and Shia LeBouef wouldn't have been in it.

I used this mindset to rewatch "Godfather III". Almost worked, but I can't get past Sofia's acting. Just brutal.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Colonel Angus » 25 Feb 2011, 13:41

Mxy wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote: and it really wasn't that bad. It is obviously not on the same level as the first three movies, but it's decent. I think the heavy backlash was just from crushed expectations of people who expected/hoped it would be as good as the original trilogy. But it's not a terrible film. And it might have been better if they had made it five or so years earlier, when Harrison Ford and Karen Allen weren't quite so decrepit and Shia LeBouef wouldn't have been in it.

I used this mindset to rewatch "Godfather III". Almost worked, but I can't get past Sofia's acting. Just brutal.

Never seen that. True story.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Feb 2011, 13:54

I still can't get past the fucking refrigerator and the bomb test.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 25 Feb 2011, 14:31

I never seen Godfather II. I thought I was kinda overrated when I finally saw it.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Colonel Angus » 25 Feb 2011, 14:32

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I never seen Godfather II. I thought I was kinda overrated when I finally saw it.

Very little of this makes sense to me.

ETA:

OK, when I change it like so it makes sense. Never mind.

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I never seen Godfather Two. I thought One was kinda overrated when I finally saw it.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 25 Feb 2011, 14:34

Colnel Angus - must improve: roman numerals
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby SouthernYokel » 25 Feb 2011, 14:38

the deniro part of godfather II bores me. i really like michael vs. hyman roth the florida joo though.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Gregs Kite » 25 Feb 2011, 14:43

SouthernYokel wrote:the deniro part of godfather II bores me. i really like michael vs. hyman roth the florida joo though.

Whatever the opposite of cosined is, I do it. I thought that made the movie, to see Vito's transistion from just another hard working immigrant into one of the biggest crime leaders in New York. It's what Lucas should've done in "Sith" with the Vader storyline if he had a real actor and better writing.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Briandong79 » 23 Sep 2014, 14:48

Steven Soderbergh apparently has too much time on his hands:
http://extension765.com/sdr/18-raiders

Pretty cool though. Funny that he admits on the page that he has no idea if this is legal.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby the cheese » 23 Sep 2014, 15:13

Gregs Kite wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:the deniro part of godfather II bores me. i really like michael vs. hyman roth the florida joo though.

Whatever the opposite of cosined is, I do it. I thought that made the movie, to see Vito's transistion from just another hard working immigrant into one of the biggest crime leaders in New York. It's what Lucas should've done in "Sith" with the Vader storyline if he had a real actor and better writing.

Again, I hate agreeing with you. That's also the best part of the original book.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Dthefritz » 23 Sep 2014, 21:58

the cheese wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:

Again, I hate agreeing with you. That's also the best part of the original book.

I'm with Cheese and Kite on this one. HOWEVA, I think Lee Strasberg's performance might be the most underrated part of the whole series. Every bit as good as Brando in I.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby Mario Speedwagon » 04 Aug 2015, 14:47

#2C4S
Mario Speedwagon
Trackies n' Tinnies

Postby Colonel Angus » 04 Aug 2015, 14:58

Mario Speedwagon wrote:Seems legit:

http://indianajoneshome.com/index.html

But it's in Colorado.
- _, on Roberto Duran.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Previous

Return to Movies