Re: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Postby Rodney Farva » 20 May 2008, 03:32

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:the new Indiana Jones movie kicks the shit out of the new Rambo. Somehow Shia LeBeouf is the new hotness, and every movie he's in makes money. Nobody fucking remembers Rambo. Everybody loved Indiana Jones.

Who wins in a fight, Indiana Jones or Batman? I give it to Jones in three rounds.

Indiana or James Bond? Again, Jones in a split decision.

batman would kick indiana jones's ass.

No. If you figure that Batman doesn't get more than two gadgets, the whip and the pistol totally trump anything Batman brings to the table.

batman is sneaky though. and in better shape (unless we're talking the really old comics where he was a skinny guy; or val kilmer's fat version).

Harrison Ford beats the crap out of all Batmen not named Christian Bale. Its not fair to compare the 1980s Harrison Ford/Indiana Jones to modern Christian Bale-Batman and Daniel Craig-James Bond due to the modern training methods available to them. You're telling me you'd take Michael Keaton over Harrison Ford? For shame.

I'd take 90's comic book batman over jones, "batman the animated series" batman over jones, christian bale over jones. I would not take keaton, clooney or kilmer over jones. Adam West wins in a 12 second annhialation of indiana jones.

That's legit. I don't know about Adam West though.

i think jones would be laughing too hard the second west walked in with that outfit and starting talking to do any damage to him.

for those of you who've seen it, i assume my 9 year old girl and 6 year old boy are too young to see this in the theater. amirite?
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 25 May 2008, 12:36

Oh My God. HORRIBLE. If you skip one movie this year, make it this one.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Stalker » 25 May 2008, 18:39

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Oh My God. HORRIBLE. If you skip one movie this year, make it this one.

Lucas did go off the deep end in the last half
Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
it got wayyy too "Close Encounter"-ish
but there were still some good points overall. Blanchett's Russkie accent got a little iffy at times. I'd put it (obviously) after "Raiders" but before "Temple of Doo".
17:05 nasty nova:
stalker is the anti-attention attention-whore who gets attention by not seeking it. Really, it's quite impressive considering (s)he's neither funny, cogent, or introspective.
Stalker
Hope College Alum

Postby WampaOne » 25 May 2008, 22:46

Stalker wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Oh My God. HORRIBLE. If you skip one movie this year, make it this one.

Lucas did go off the deep end in the last half
it got wayyy too "Close Encounter"-ish
but there were still some good points overall. Blanchett's Russkie accent got a little iffy at times. I'd put it (obviously) after "Raiders" but before "Temple of Doo".

I give it a meh. Seemed like an average 2 hours that you forget almost immediately...maybe I am a getting little too old for this. Obviously, as I expected, this one is nowhere near as good as Raiders of the Lost Ark. mild spoilers next:
I don't get why most of the characters are in there (the mom, the son) they seem forced out in the story a bit and have no real purpose. I like it that the movie seemed "real" for most of it (the city, the clothes, cars, etc), but the story was still lacking some substance, and I agree with stalker, and the end there, it was a little too much.
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby Fletch » 28 May 2008, 00:23

First reaction: hated it.

Really? Surviving a nuclear attack? Really? Killer ants that drag 200 lb. bodies down their enormous holes? Really? Shia turning into fucking Tarzan, five minutes after his Errol fucking Flynn impersonation? Really? Fucking aliens (that everyone in the theater knew about aside from the characters)? Really? Not a goddamn tittyfucking scratch on any of the "good guys"? Really? His name's fucking Mutt? ("The dog was named Indiana") Really? He survives a fucking nuclear attack? (so stupid I had to mention it twice.) Really?

Can I use the damn skull to erase my memory of having seen it?

nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 28 May 2008, 08:02

The commies are pissed at IJatKotCS. They think it should show the real communist party, full of loving, caring, puppy-owning philanthropists, where all the women are hotter than Cate Blanchett.

Face it commies, you suck. You lost. Get your irrelevant asses to the flip side of a Trivial Pursuit card where you belong.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 May 2008, 09:11

why "saturday night live rocks the vote"?
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Fletch » 28 May 2008, 12:29

SouthernYokel wrote:why "saturday night live rocks the vote"?

On Weekend Update, they've had a recurring segment called "Really?" I used it.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby SouthernYokel » 28 May 2008, 13:03

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:why "saturday night live rocks the vote"?

On Weekend Update, they've had a recurring segment called "Really?" I used it.

:idea: i get it now.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 29 May 2008, 09:05

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:First reaction: hated it.

Really? Surviving a nuclear attack? Really? Killer ants that drag 200 lb. bodies down their enormous holes? Really? Shia turning into fucking Tarzan, five minutes after his Errol fucking Flynn impersonation? Really? Fucking aliens (that everyone in the theater knew about aside from the characters)? Really? Not a goddamn tittyfucking scratch on any of the "good guys"? Really? His name's fucking Mutt? ("The dog was named Indiana") Really? He survives a fucking nuclear attack? (so stupid I had to mention it twice.) Really?

Can I use the damn skull to erase my memory of having seen it?

good breakdown fletch. it was fucking awful, very dissappointing.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 30 May 2008, 13:07

New rule. No more threads dedicated to one (SHITTY) movie.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 30 May 2008, 13:16

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:New rule. No more threads dedicated to one (SHITTY) movie.

preemptive strike against clayton starting a sex and the city thread?
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby CourtesyFlush » 30 May 2008, 13:25

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:New rule. No more threads dedicated to one (SHITTY) movie.

This thread would disagree
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Frank the Tank » 02 Jun 2008, 07:53

I didn't think it was the worst movie I'd ever seen, but it was clearly the weakest of the four Indiana Jones movie to date. Thankfully the posts in this thread sent me in with the lowest expectations a person could possibly have. Don't get me wrong, I still give it a thumbs-down, but I'm sure there will be worse movies that come out this year.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler: "FTT''s biggest complaints"
I actually thought Shia LaBeef playing Tarzan was worse than the nuclear attack. Catching up with the jeeps that had been driving for a minute or two with four swings on a vine? Not to mention the swings on the vines themselves. Horrible. The worst thing about the nuclear attack was that it was completely unnecessary. Didn't help the story at all. Why bother?
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby bosux » 21 Jun 2008, 10:47

i was disappointed because i expect my FANTASY action movies to strictly adhere my narrow definition of reality

it's like you guys feel obligated to say something bad about it...it was a fun two hours...i was thoroughly entertained..i put it a close 3rd behind the first two, better than the last crusade though by a mile...blanchette's russian accent was pretty bad, i will give you that

fletch and frank would make a great new version of siskel and ebert, although i don't know who would play who :mrgreen:
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

PreviousNext

Return to Movies