Re: Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Postby D'Annunzio » 28 Feb 2008, 13:19

Rocky 6 kicked muthafuckin ass.
D'Annunzio

Postby mister bacon » 28 Feb 2008, 17:45

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:i cant be-lee this has its own thread.

why? theres been three Indiana Jones movies.. a new one deserves its own thread.

Its kinda like...who cares? They just made a new Rambo, which grossed $42 mil domestic. I dont know a single person who saw it. Same thing with this. I predict it comes and goes with very little fanfare. It will maybe make more money than Rambo, but I dont think it deserves its own thread. Did Rocky 6 get a thread? I dont remember. And no one cared about that movie either.

neither rambo, nor rockey are as significant as a new Indiana Jones movie. the franchise had been watered to down to the point of no one caring. not so with the indiana jones movies. if someone threw up a Rocky or Rambo thread. i wouldnt have cared though.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby SouthernYokel » 29 Feb 2008, 10:38

D'Annunzio wrote:Rocky 6 kicked muthafuckin ass.

i was kinda bored by it. Still bought it to complete the set though.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 29 Feb 2008, 10:44

the new Indiana Jones movie kicks the shit out of the new Rambo. Somehow Shia LeBeouf is the new hotness, and every movie he's in makes money. Nobody fucking remembers Rambo. Everybody loved Indiana Jones.

Who wins in a fight, Indiana Jones or Batman? I give it to Jones in three rounds.

Indiana or James Bond? Again, Jones in a split decision.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 29 Feb 2008, 11:02

the cheese wrote:the new Indiana Jones movie kicks the shit out of the new Rambo. Somehow Shia LeBeouf is the new hotness, and every movie he's in makes money. Nobody fucking remembers Rambo. Everybody loved Indiana Jones.

Who wins in a fight, Indiana Jones or Batman? I give it to Jones in three rounds.

batman would kick indiana jones's ass. i think jones could take bond.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 29 Feb 2008, 11:05

SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:the new Indiana Jones movie kicks the shit out of the new Rambo. Somehow Shia LeBeouf is the new hotness, and every movie he's in makes money. Nobody fucking remembers Rambo. Everybody loved Indiana Jones.

batman would kick indiana jones's ass.

No. If you figure that Batman doesn't get more than two gadgets, the whip and the pistol totally trump anything Batman brings to the table.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 29 Feb 2008, 11:08

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

No. If you figure that Batman doesn't get more than two gadgets, the whip and the pistol totally trump anything Batman brings to the table.

batman is sneaky though. and in better shape (unless we're talking the really old comics where he was a skinny guy; or val kilmer's fat version).
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 29 Feb 2008, 11:11

SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

batman is sneaky though. and in better shape (unless we're talking the really old comics where he was a skinny guy; or val kilmer's fat version).

Harrison Ford beats the crap out of all Batmen not named Christian Bale. Its not fair to compare the 1980s Harrison Ford/Indiana Jones to modern Christian Bale-Batman and Daniel Craig-James Bond due to the modern training methods available to them. You're telling me you'd take Michael Keaton over Harrison Ford? For shame.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby SouthernYokel » 29 Feb 2008, 11:17

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

Harrison Ford beats the crap out of all Batmen not named Christian Bale. Its not fair to compare the 1980s Harrison Ford/Indiana Jones to modern Christian Bale-Batman and Daniel Craig-James Bond due to the modern training methods available to them. You're telling me you'd take Michael Keaton over Harrison Ford? For shame.

I'd take 90's comic book batman over jones, "batman the animated series" batman over jones, christian bale over jones. I would not take keaton, clooney or kilmer over jones. Adam West wins in a 12 second annhialation of indiana jones.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 29 Feb 2008, 11:29

SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

I'd take 90's comic book batman over jones, "batman the animated series" batman over jones, christian bale over jones. I would not take keaton, clooney or kilmer over jones. Adam West wins in a 12 second annhialation of indiana jones.

That's legit. I don't know about Adam West though.
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 29 Feb 2008, 16:48

Indiana Jones would break his hip and die of infection a few months later.

Advantage: Batman
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Colonel Angus » 01 Mar 2008, 01:40

But Indy killed Greedo.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby CourtesyFlush » 02 Mar 2008, 17:21

Colonel Angus wrote:But Indy killed Greedo.

Han shot first!!!!11!!!1111 [/Wampa]
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 19 May 2008, 11:18

Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby SouthernYokel » 19 May 2008, 11:21

Untouchable wrote:early reviews: mixed.... http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080518/D90O72G00.html

shocker that cannes wasn't thrilled with it. i agree with harrison ford in that article.

joonyah wrote:"It's not unusual for something that is popular to be disdained by some people, and I fully expect it.

But, he said: "I work for the people who pay to get in. They are my customers, and my focus is on providing the best experience I can for those people."

SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

PreviousNext

Return to Movies