Best Movie Villain:Non-sports related included

Postby MoreCowbell » 25 Jan 2005, 10:37

Ernie McCracken's gotta be up there
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby Rickey Sez » 25 Jan 2005, 11:25

I don't know if you could call him a villain exactly, but I can't think of another movie character that fills me with as much disgust as Keith David's character from Requiem for a Dream. ("I know it's pretty, baby, but I wasn't takin' it out for air.")

Crap. I just thought of Requiem for a Dream, and it's not even 11:30. My day is now ruined.
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 25 Jan 2005, 11:27

Ernie was the man, no way he could be considered a villain, look at all the work he did with those single moms.
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby MoreCowbell » 25 Jan 2005, 11:38

Let's see, causes Roy to lose his bowling hand.....puts sugar in his gas tank....tries to steal his girl....beats him in the big championship at the end....I dont know, he seemed sort of villainous(?) to me...
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 25 Jan 2005, 11:42

He was never caught putting sugar in the gas tank, your only assuming he doesn't have some sort of sugar fetish and thats why he keeps a bag in the car. Besides if it wasn't for Ernie, Roy would have never nailed his (giggle) super hot landlord in exhange for the rent.
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby jwill » 25 Jan 2005, 11:47

Commodus (Joaquin Phoenix) from the Gladiator.

Obviously he was a way "over the top" villain, but try to remember how you felt about this character the first time you saw the movie. I don't feel very engaged during most movies but I hated Commodus.

As far as "Big Ern" is concerned I would have sided with Tiff, but now that Fresca has spoken I've changed my mind, (as he appears to be a connoisseur of bowling-related comedies).
jwill
Reverend Lovejoy

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 25 Jan 2005, 11:54

Why thank you Joshua. I also would like to point out that Ernie really can't be faulted for winning the Bowling Championship. Play to win baby!!!

Besides he also gave one of the greatest victory speeches of all time.

Ernie what are you gonna do now that you've won?

Anything I want I'm rich!!!
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby JohnnyDamon » 25 Jan 2005, 13:06

I'm partial to Colonel Tavington in the Patriot, especially when he put all of the townspeople in the church and threatened to kill all of them if someone didn't speak out against the "Ghost," then left, locked the church, and burned it to the ground.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby Tecmo Bo » 25 Jan 2005, 14:15

All good nominations, but what about Warden Norton from The Shawshank Redemption. Or for that matter Boggs from Shawshank Redemption.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby Snake » 25 Jan 2005, 14:28

Yea Tavington has to be up there. I don't know if I've ever seen a more painful scene in history than that church scene.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 25 Jan 2005, 14:29

Just another reason why I don't go to church. SOme crazy limey might burn the place down.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby JohnnyDamon » 25 Jan 2005, 17:21

Yeah, that scene was with all honesty one of the most uncomfortable scenes ever, just behind the raping scene in "Deliverance," which I had the misfortune of turning onto on AMC a couple of years ago.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby jack_daniels » 25 Jan 2005, 17:28

I felt sorry for that disfigured kid playing the banjo.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Tecmo Bo » 25 Jan 2005, 17:43

Another bad-ass mofo. Longshanks from Braveheart. Kills his sons lover and fucks his son's wife. Arrows cost money, the dead cost nothing.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby mister bacon » 25 Jan 2005, 18:14

How about Kevin Bacon's charachter from Sleepers? He was pretty evil.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

PreviousNext

Return to Movies