Best Movie Villain:Non-sports related included

Postby Frank the Tank » 27 Jan 2005, 17:04

Snake wrote:What about Gretchen Mol from Rounders? While she wasn't the storyline villain (And John Malkovich was brilliant in that role), she was definitely the one you hate at the end of the flick.

That's a good call! She's really hot in that movie, but asking Mike to give up poker, that's just too much. She's like the siren trying to get Mike to crash on the rocks.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Snake » 27 Jan 2005, 17:06

She was the ultimate obnoxious girlfriend. If I ever dated a woman like that... well scratch that I wouldn't date a woman like that no matter who she was.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Big Scary Monster » 27 Jan 2005, 17:51

Snake wrote:She was the ultimate obnoxious girlfriend. If I ever dated a woman like that... well scratch that I wouldn't date a woman like that no matter who she was.

Ultimate? Come on, she was a wet blanket for sure, but I wouldn't call her the ultimate. What about Adrian? What about the chick from Hoosiers? What about Helena Bohnham Carter in Fight Club? What about Rosie Perez in White Men Can't Jump?
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby JohnnyDamon » 27 Jan 2005, 18:17

Myra Fleener did suck, and that kiss was, along with Tavington's church roast, one of the more uncomfortable scenes in cinematic history.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby Ubertrout » 27 Jan 2005, 19:07

I wouldn't say Marla Singer was that bad. As dysfunctional as the main character is in Fight Club, she was almost perfect for him.
"I don't care if the Yankees are playing a team consisting of Saddam Hussein, Hitler, and Josef Stalin; I still want them to lose." -My Uncle
Ubertrout
Farva's Driver

Postby mister bacon » 27 Jan 2005, 20:43

I don't know if many new this.. but Hopkins got the Academy Award for Silence of the Lambs... as Hannibal he appeared in less than 20 minutes of that movie. A simply amazing performance.

I do a terrifying Buffalo Bill voice which terrifies any woman within earshot when a room goes dark.

PRECIOUS!!!
DONT YOU HURT MY DOG!!
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Tecmo Bo » 27 Jan 2005, 22:18

Great actors appreciate that sometimes less is more.
Pity that fuckbrain Sean Penn never learned that...
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby jack_daniels » 28 Jan 2005, 00:22

John Malkovich is brilliant in anything he does. There are always these actors who are just BRILLIANT in their performances, they make them memorable that guys like us(and MoreCowbell) can discuss and analyze em, no matter how bad the movie was.

Joe Pantoliano(aka Joey Pants)-the most memorable supporting character in television history(ok thats saying a lot but...I dont care)

James Woods-just consistent with everything he does

Robert De Niro- I can't comprehend how amazing this guy is especially in his gangster movies

Phillip seymour Hoffman-quickly becoming this generation's Joey Pants and James Woods

Gary Oldman- he was fuckin sick in True Romance

Dennis Hopper- his character in Blue Velvet was without a doubt the sickest motherfucker in movie history. David Lynch has a sick mind.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Snake » 28 Jan 2005, 01:36

I would absolutely put Gretchen Mol over any of those others. Marla Singer was one of the best characters in cinema, and I don't think he was with her, Tyler was. Or how did that work? What a trippy movie that was.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Big Scary Monster » 28 Jan 2005, 13:17

Snake wrote:I would absolutely put Gretchen Mol over any of those others. Marla Singer was one of the best characters in cinema, and I don't think he was with her, Tyler was. Or how did that work? What a trippy movie that was.

I guess she isn't that bad, but still when she becomes your power animal and non-chalantly says "slide" as she blows out her cigarette, its definately a bummer.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby mister bacon » 29 Jan 2005, 13:27

jack_daniels wrote:John Malkovich is brilliant in anything he does. There are always these actors who are just BRILLIANT in their performances, they make them memorable that guys like us(and MoreCowbell) can discuss and analyze em, no matter how bad the movie was.

Joe Pantoliano(aka Joey Pants)-the most memorable supporting character in television history(ok thats saying a lot but...I dont care)

James Woods-just consistent with everything he does

Robert De Niro- I can't comprehend how amazing this guy is especially in his gangster movies

Phillip seymour Hoffman-quickly becoming this generation's Joey Pants and James Woods

Gary Oldman- he was fuckin sick in True Romance

Dennis Hopper- his character in Blue Velvet was without a doubt the sickest motherfucker in movie history. David Lynch has a sick mind.

Aww.. no love for Steve Buschemi??
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Re: Best Movie Villain:Non-sports related included

Postby BigJohnStudd » 08 Apr 2017, 18:09

BigJohnStudd
Skin Suit

Re: Best Movie Villain:Non-sports related included

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 10 Apr 2017, 09:35

The best movie villain was Natalie Portman in Garden State.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Previous

Return to Movies