Best Movie Villain:Non-sports related included

Best Movie Villain:Non-sports related included

Postby jack_daniels » 17 Jan 2005, 22:35

My vote, as my quote can attest to, goes to The greatest Villain of All Time, Keysor Soze. I mean, my god. He made a fool out of the NYPD by making up this bullshit story, all the while he was the suspect and he was standing right there. Pure evil and amazing piece of filmmaking.

If not him, I would say that Kevin Spacey character in Seven. That guy was too creepy.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Snake » 17 Jan 2005, 23:54

In my mind Keyser Soze isn't really a villain in that sense. If anything Agent Kuyan (sp?) was more of a traditional villain, we all thought Soze was a background character until that last scene. In my mind you have to be rooting against a villain the entire movie for them to qualify. As far as villains who I really hated, the Iceland coach from Mighty Ducks 2 in a sports movie, in a non-sports movie Zorg from the Fifth Element or any of the Nazis in the Indiana Jones movies would get the nod from me.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby jack_daniels » 18 Jan 2005, 00:59

Which is why you have to watch it a second time. Now that you know he is Keysor Soze, you can actually see all his motives unfold. For instance, in that scene where he's waiting for Agent Kujan to come in, and he's looking around the walls, a first viewing would tell you maybe he's bored or something. If you watch it a second time, you realize that what he's actually doing is creating his story. Subtle but effective differences like that make this movie an experience to watch.

I would also like to include the supervisor from Office Space. Makes him work on a saturday? That is the definition of evil.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Snake » 18 Jan 2005, 01:52

I agree, I own the movie on DVD and watch it regularly, but even after I had the seen the ending, I still found myself rooting for Verbal to escape and Keyser Soze to live on.

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 18 Jan 2005, 07:48

Gary Oldman in The Proffesional, just an outstanding movie filled with outstanding characters.
Last edited by howboutafrescahmmm on 18 Jan 2005, 08:43, edited 1 time in total.
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Frank the Tank » 18 Jan 2005, 08:41

I'd have to go with Dr. Evil from the Austin Powers trilogy. I cite him as my inspiration for wanting to take over the world.

If I had to pick my favorite villain in a more traditional sense I might go with someone like John Malkovich's character from In the Line of Fire. Malkovich gives him the right psychotic edge so you can see how he's justified in his mind the crime he wants to commit.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby jack_daniels » 18 Jan 2005, 20:56

Or Gordon Gekko in Wall Street. Cheating people out of thousands of dollars is pretty evil. But he's also my hero. "Greed is good." That quote stuck with me.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby hackdaddy » 18 Jan 2005, 22:50

How about Jesse the Body Ventura, our favorite governor, as Captain Freedom in The Running Man?
hackdaddy
Poot

Postby mister bacon » 18 Jan 2005, 22:56

hackdaddy wrote:How about Jesse the Body Ventura, our favorite governor, as Captain Freedom in The Running Man?

A classic. Its my favorite Governator movie ever.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby hackdaddy » 18 Jan 2005, 23:03

mister bacon wrote:
hackdaddy wrote:How about Jesse the Body Ventura, our favorite governor, as Captain Freedom in The Running Man?

A classic. Its my favorite Governator movie ever.

I think "Ahnuld" is the Governator, but I know what you mean. Jesse was Jesse "the mind" Ventura when he was the governor. Just to clear that whole "Governor with a nickname" thing up. Now we just need to come up with a sweet nickname for the great President that we have right now.
hackdaddy
Poot

Postby Snake » 18 Jan 2005, 23:07

Yes, Arnold was the star of The Running Man, and Jesse was in it as well. They serve as the dynamic duo of governors in entertainment (certainly better than Reagan)...

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby jack_daniels » 18 Jan 2005, 23:28

It would've been hilarious to see what Gary Coleman would have done about the deficit Davis left behind.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 19 Jan 2005, 07:29

I was kinda hoping he would put Webster in his State cabinet somewhere
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Scoring Machine » 19 Jan 2005, 22:20

Ok I'm proclaiming it right now.... when The Governator gets elected president after ammending the constitution (like in Demolition Man) we will have The Commando In Chief!!!
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby mister bacon » 25 Jan 2005, 01:54

Shooter McGavin -- Best Villlan (put this in the wrong forum earlier)
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Next

Return to Movies