Movies You've Never Seen

Re: Movies You've Never Seen

Postby Colonel Angus » 17 May 2011, 07:46

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:No Caddyshack? Your White Card has just been revoked.

I had not seen Caddyshack all the way through until fairly recently (two years ago, I think.) When I finally saw it, I realized that I had seen virtually the entire movie in bits and pieces over the years, so there wasn't much new stuff.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 17 May 2011, 09:33

Colonel Angus wrote:

I had not seen Caddyshack all the way through until fairly recently (two years ago, I think.) When I finally saw it, I realized that I had seen virtually the entire movie in bits and pieces over the years, so there wasn't much new stuff.

that movie blows. i got a couple minor chuckles from rodney bc, well, he is the best
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby bosux » 17 May 2011, 09:50

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

that movie blows. i got a couple minor chuckles from rodney bc, well, he is the best

ted knight owns that movie
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 18 May 2011, 12:25

Caddyshack just might be the greatest work of art in the history of the universe.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 26 Jul 2011, 13:18

I've never see My Dinner With Andre...

...but I have seen My Breakfast With Blassie:

http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&keyword ... ex=blended
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Rodney Farva » 22 Aug 2011, 10:19

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:For ppl that are on now, I want a post about:

Farva: Bucanneers and Powerful movies

this weekend i looked up from my paper to ask rodney jr. what he was watching on the teevee. "it's an old movie called cop and a half, it's really good."

i watched about 3 minutes worth. the little black kid was such a bad actor that i didn't even notice how awful burt reynolds and his toupee and the plot and the production values were. you could imagine the casting discussion. "the kid can't act." "yeah, but we can't afford gary coleman, he's the only cute little black kid we got." "fuck it, let's go do some blow with burt." the kid was wearing a sweet old school bucaneers hat. i really want that hat.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby kaskomm09 » 22 Aug 2011, 16:55

Rodney Farva wrote:

this weekend i looked up from my paper to ask rodney jr. what he was watching on the teevee. "it's an old movie called cop and a half, it's really good."

i watched about 3 minutes worth. the little black kid was such a bad actor that i didn't even notice how awful burt reynolds and his toupee and the plot and the production values were. you could imagine the casting discussion. "the kid can't act." "yeah, but we can't afford gary coleman, he's the only cute little black kid we got." "fuck it, let's go do some blow with burt." the kid was wearing a sweet old school bucaneers hat. i really want that hat.

Ha, that's the one movie my mom always gives me shit for wanting to see (and making her take me) when I was younger. She said it was atrocious. I, of course, thought it was pretty good in my 10-yr old mind.
2007 SOTSG College Pick'em Champion
kaskomm09
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby someguysomewhere » 22 Aug 2011, 17:00

kaskomm09 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:

Ha, that's the one movie my mom always gives me shit for wanting to see (and making her take me) when I was younger. She said it was atrocious. I, of course, thought it was pretty good in my 10-yr old mind.

Directed by the Fonz.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Postby Gregs Kite » 01 Nov 2011, 07:07

I realized over the past week (thanks AMC!)I've never seen the original "Halloween". I suppose watching it on cable to pop my cherry might not carry the same weight.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby mister bacon » 02 Nov 2011, 21:03

love the o.g. halloween movie. it's so crucial. definitely worth seeing on DVD and not cable.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Gregs Kite » 17 Nov 2012, 11:55

Red Dawn. The old one, not the new one that makes BSMB's blood boil.

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 17 Nov 2012, 12:14

Its Doozes favorite movie.
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Gregs Kite » 07 Jul 2015, 11:55

Here's a couple of assholes telling us about films movies none of us will ever see.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
Yeah, I know "Mad Max" is listed, but they just CAN'T be non-insufferable:

but when you do get around to seeing this again, you’ll be surprised by how much is going on between the margins, things you missed in all the nonstop lunacy the first time around. More than just a feminist parable, at certain moments, it can feel like a mournful ode to loss, the pain always bubbling just below the surface

Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 14 Jul 2015, 15:07

I have not seen this movie...yet.

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby Rodney Farva » 09 Sep 2016, 05:45

for some reason the BBC decided to poll a selection of movie critics around the world to rate the top 100 movies of the 21st century. shockingly, none of the american pie movies made it, so the list is clearly suspect. from the more detailed write up of the top 25, it's clear they are big fans of films that insist upon themselves.

whacky choice for numero uno, even if it is fwap-tastic.

Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
NSFW

You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

PreviousNext

Return to Movies