Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Postby Colonel Angus » 24 Oct 2007, 18:05

I used to think A Clockwork Orange was a great film - maybe I still do - but I have no desire to see it ever again.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 24 Oct 2007, 19:09

When I was 13, I watched Saving Private Ryan with my grandfather who was at Normandy. He was visibly distraught after watching it. Just on that alone, I'm never watching it again.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby Colonel Angus » 24 Oct 2007, 19:14

Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:When I was 13, I watched Saving Private Ryan with my grandfather who was at Normandy. He was visibly distraught after watching it. Just on that alone, I'm never watching it again.

I didn't even see it under those circumstances and I don't really feel like I need to see it again. Great film, but once was enough for me.
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Re:

Postby mister bacon » 17 Jun 2008, 20:07

Colonel Angus wrote:
Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:When I was 13, I watched Saving Private Ryan with my grandfather who was at Normandy. He was visibly distraught after watching it. Just on that alone, I'm never watching it again.

I didn't even see it under those circumstances and I don't really feel like I need to see it again. Great film, but once was enough for me.

ive actually watched this movie a ton. im not sure why, but i can watch it over and over. i love the WWII War films.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Re: Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Postby Colonel Angus » 17 Jun 2008, 21:24

I would add Natural Born Killers to this list. I thought it was phenomenal at the time, but I don't have any desire to ever see it again. Kickass soundtrack, though.
"Isn't it no, baas or something? That's how I read it in a boxing book. It's South African or something."
- _, on Roberto Duran.
_ - Sun Jan 31 5:06 pm:
"it was such a sexy goal, that punched me right in the balls. metaphorically"
Colonel Angus
Pun DMC

Postby chrisco » 17 Jun 2008, 21:34

Colonel Angus wrote:I would add Natural Born Killers to this list. I thought it was phenomenal at the time, but I don't have any desire to ever see it again. Kickass soundtrack, though.

I have tried a couple of times to watch this again and never could do it. The soundtrack was great, it was my introduction to Leonard Cohen.

While on the subject of painful Oliver Stone movies, I always wondered whether U Turn was worth watching again.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 17 Jun 2008, 21:59

chrisco wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:While on the subject of painful Oliver Stone movies, I always wondered whether U Turn was worth watching again.

A ~27-year-old Jennifer Lopez appears naked in that movie. Makes it more re-watchable.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby SouthernYokel » 18 Jun 2008, 07:59

schindler's list - great movie, waaaay too long. when you need 2 dvd's in the dual-scan world, you know speilberg needed an editor with a stronger hand

sixth sense - great. one time. as long as no one told you the twist beforehand.

apocalypse now - same as schindler's list...have you guys seen the redux edition? should have called it the ridix edition :corn:
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 18 Jun 2008, 11:30

SouthernYokel wrote:apocalypse now - same as schindler's list...have you guys seen the redux edition? should have called it the ridix edition :corn:

I liked the Redux. Some of the parts they added really helped show the ka-ray-ziness of the war, and why no western nation was ever going to win a war there. That scene with the French people still living in the jungle was great, I thought.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby chrisco » 18 Jun 2008, 12:14

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:apocalypse now - same as schindler's list...have you guys seen the redux edition? should have called it the ridix edition :corn:

I liked the Redux. Some of the parts they added really helped show the ka-ray-ziness of the war, and why no western nation was ever going to win a war there. That scene with the French people still living in the jungle was great, I thought.

To me the redux was the sux to me.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby TheWolf » 18 Jun 2008, 12:21

SouthernYokel wrote:schindler's list - great movie, waaaay too long. when you need 2 dvd's in the dual-scan world, you know speilberg needed an editor with a stronger hand

sixth sense - great. one time. as long as no one told you the twist beforehand.

apocalypse now - same as schindler's list...have you guys seen the redux edition? should have called it the ridix edition :corn:

I could have sworn you were the one who said you've watched Sixth Sense many times and still enjoy it. I guess that was someone else.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Tremendous_sidePotential » 19 Jun 2008, 09:01

I'd add Life Is Beautiful to that list. Great movie, great story but it leaves you depressed for the rest of the day.
http://7up17togo.blogspot.com/

Bricks Tue May 04, 2010 11:32 pm How many chicks have you bedded _?
_ Tue May 04, 2010 11:33 pm: i will say 27 with a confidence interval of around 97%
nerf66 Tue May 04, 2010 11:34 pm: 97% confident they were all women?
Tremendous_sidePotential
The Bomb Dick

Postby mister bacon » 19 Jun 2008, 09:27

Tremendous_sidePotential wrote:I'd add Life Is Beautiful to that list. Great movie, great story but it leaves you depressed for the rest of the day.

i got extremely plastered before seeing this, and by the end the chicks i was with were balling their eyes out. it was a good movie.

roberto begnini bugs the shit out of me now.. dude was born to be a mime. and i hate mimes.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 19 Jun 2008, 12:37

Gladiator
There Will Be Blood
Goodfellas
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Brick Tamland » 19 Jun 2008, 12:46

Never saw There Will Be Blood, but I've enjoyed repeated viewings of both Gladiator and Goodfellas. The are pretty emotionally draining, but very compelling and with great performances and stories that have held up well for me.
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

PreviousNext

Return to Movies