Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Re: Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Postby TheWolf » 19 Jun 2008, 13:06

Brick Tamland wrote:Never saw There Will Be Blood, but I've enjoyed repeated viewings of both Gladiator and Goodfellas. The are pretty emotionally draining, but very compelling and with great performances and stories that have held up well for me.


Completely agree. I think Goodfellas is slightly more re-watchable than Gladiator, but I've seen them both several times and intend on continuing to watch and enjoy them.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18394
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Postby teamdime » 07 Jul 2008, 16:05

Agree on There Will Be Blood. Good movie the first time, but the scene when DDL shoves the kid into the mud just rubbed me the wrong way.
I guess you could put all of the Saw movies on this list as well.
jack_daniels: yeah just gonna o the usual tomrrow. go to the gym and then get wasted, maybe get some sex
User avatar
teamdime
Hope College Alum
 
Posts: 272
Joined: 08 Dec 2006, 23:20

Re: Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Postby Gregs Kite » 24 Jul 2011, 16:28

"Gangs of New York". Love me some history films, but this one drained me.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23715
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Postby Jew Jitsu » 11 Aug 2011, 01:20

Loved The Titanic at first but the second time around it dragged on a little too long...
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
User avatar
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten
 
Posts: 8793
Joined: 05 Jan 2007, 15:12
Location: Sunset Blvd., North Pole

Re: Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Aug 2011, 07:59

Brick Tamland wrote:Never saw There Will Be Blood, but I've enjoyed repeated viewings of both Gladiator and Goodfellas. The are pretty emotionally draining, but very compelling and with great performances and stories that have held up well for me.


goodfellas emotionally draining? ghey!

that movie makes me want to party.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29807
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Postby the cheese » 24 Aug 2011, 08:16

SouthernYokel wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:Never saw There Will Be Blood, but I've enjoyed repeated viewings of both Gladiator and Goodfellas. The are pretty emotionally draining, but very compelling and with great performances and stories that have held up well for me.


goodfellas emotionally draining? ghey!

that movie makes me want to party.


I was going to say, 150 minutes of coke, robbery, adultery, more coke, italian food, and more coke? Sign me up!
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 18427
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 24 Aug 2011, 08:17

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:Never saw There Will Be Blood, but I've enjoyed repeated viewings of both Gladiator and Goodfellas. The are pretty emotionally draining, but very compelling and with great performances and stories that have held up well for me.


goodfellas emotionally draining? ghey!

that movie makes me want to party.


I was going to say, 150 minutes of coke, robbery, adultery, more coke, italian food, and more coke? Sign me up!


It's like watching a movie about my own life! /cheese's dad
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake
 
Posts: 12157
Joined: 30 Jun 2006, 14:23

Re: Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Postby the cheese » 24 Aug 2011, 08:18

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:Never saw There Will Be Blood, but I've enjoyed repeated viewings of both Gladiator and Goodfellas. The are pretty emotionally draining, but very compelling and with great performances and stories that have held up well for me.


goodfellas emotionally draining? ghey!

that movie makes me want to party.


I was going to say, 150 minutes of coke, robbery, adultery, more coke, italian food, and more coke? Sign me up!


It's like watching a movie about my own life! /cheese's dad


DIE-KNOW-MIGHT!!!

Nice work beating nova.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 18427
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Postby CourtesyFlush » 19 Oct 2017, 09:43

The wife and I were flipping through Netflix last night looking for a tv show to watch when I saw Human Centipede: First Sequence in their list of horror film offerings. I tried explaining the gist of the movie to her--she was not amused.

Cool story, Fletch.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14567
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 19 Oct 2017, 10:18

CourtesyFlush wrote:The wife and I were flipping through Netflix last night looking for a tv show to watch when I saw Human Centipede: First Sequence in their list of horror film offerings. I tried explaining the gist of the movie to her--she was not amused.

Cool story, Fletch.

That movie is great.

The second one sucked, imo. Tried to be too artsy, iirc.

The third one was ok. But nowhere near as good as the original.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
User avatar
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber
 
Posts: 31042
Joined: 26 Aug 2005, 09:59

Re: Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Postby Goose » 20 Oct 2017, 09:17

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:The wife and I were flipping through Netflix last night looking for a tv show to watch when I saw Human Centipede: First Sequence in their list of horror film offerings. I tried explaining the gist of the movie to her--she was not amused.

Cool story, Fletch.

That movie is great.

The second one sucked, imo. Tried to be too artsy, iirc.

The third one was ok. But nowhere near as good as the original.


Kind of tough to go to the "sews asses to faces" well too many times.

ETA: I'll contribute something. Children of Men and Pan's Labyrinth. Great, great films, but draining.

Goodfellas on the other hand, I'll watch it every time it's on, even if I come across the censored version on TNT or AMC.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
User avatar
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3617
Joined: 03 May 2006, 10:09
Location: Temple Terrace Hooters, waiting on Shamgod

Previous

Return to Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron