Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Re: Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Postby TheWolf » 19 Jun 2008, 13:06

Brick Tamland wrote:Never saw There Will Be Blood, but I've enjoyed repeated viewings of both Gladiator and Goodfellas. The are pretty emotionally draining, but very compelling and with great performances and stories that have held up well for me.

Completely agree. I think Goodfellas is slightly more re-watchable than Gladiator, but I've seen them both several times and intend on continuing to watch and enjoy them.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby teamdime » 07 Jul 2008, 16:05

Agree on There Will Be Blood. Good movie the first time, but the scene when DDL shoves the kid into the mud just rubbed me the wrong way.
I guess you could put all of the Saw movies on this list as well.
jack_daniels: yeah just gonna o the usual tomrrow. go to the gym and then get wasted, maybe get some sex
teamdime
Hope College Alum

Postby Gregs Kite » 24 Jul 2011, 16:28

"Gangs of New York". Love me some history films, but this one drained me.
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby Jew Jitsu » 11 Aug 2011, 01:20

Loved The Titanic at first but the second time around it dragged on a little too long...
CourtesyFlush - Wed May 31, 2017 7:52 am: I stopped taking creep shots when I found out a dude who used to work on my floor got arrested for that at a walgreens in uptown charlotte.
Jew Jitsu
Never Forgotten

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Aug 2011, 07:59

Brick Tamland wrote:Never saw There Will Be Blood, but I've enjoyed repeated viewings of both Gladiator and Goodfellas. The are pretty emotionally draining, but very compelling and with great performances and stories that have held up well for me.

goodfellas emotionally draining? ghey!

that movie makes me want to party.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby the cheese » 24 Aug 2011, 08:16

SouthernYokel wrote:

I was going to say, 150 minutes of coke, robbery, adultery, more coke, italian food, and more coke? Sign me up!
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 24 Aug 2011, 08:17

the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

I was going to say, 150 minutes of coke, robbery, adultery, more coke, italian food, and more coke? Sign me up!

It's like watching a movie about my own life! /cheese's dad
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby the cheese » 24 Aug 2011, 08:18

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
the cheese wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

It's like watching a movie about my own life! /cheese's dad

DIE-KNOW-MIGHT!!!

Nice work beating nova.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby CourtesyFlush » 19 Oct 2017, 09:43

The wife and I were flipping through Netflix last night looking for a tv show to watch when I saw Human Centipede: First Sequence in their list of horror film offerings. I tried explaining the gist of the movie to her--she was not amused.

Cool story, Fletch.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 19 Oct 2017, 10:18

CourtesyFlush wrote:The wife and I were flipping through Netflix last night looking for a tv show to watch when I saw Human Centipede: First Sequence in their list of horror film offerings. I tried explaining the gist of the movie to her--she was not amused.

Cool story, Fletch.

That movie is great.

The second one sucked, imo. Tried to be too artsy, iirc.

The third one was ok. But nowhere near as good as the original.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Slave to Uber

Postby Goose » 20 Oct 2017, 09:17

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
CourtesyFlush wrote:The wife and I were flipping through Netflix last night looking for a tv show to watch when I saw Human Centipede: First Sequence in their list of horror film offerings. I tried explaining the gist of the movie to her--she was not amused.

Cool story, Fletch.

That movie is great.

The second one sucked, imo. Tried to be too artsy, iirc.

The third one was ok. But nowhere near as good as the original.

Kind of tough to go to the "sews asses to faces" well too many times.

ETA: I'll contribute something. Children of Men and Pan's Labyrinth. Great, great films, but draining.

Goodfellas on the other hand, I'll watch it every time it's on, even if I come across the censored version on TNT or AMC.
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Previous

Return to Movies