Random Thoughts - Movies Edition

Re: Random Thoughts - Movies Edition

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 15 Feb 2017, 12:25

There's a really good chance that as I lay on my deathbed my last words will be "you know.....I regret never seeing The Prestige. I always thought I'd like it and should watch it but, eh, who had the time." Then I'll die.
TheWolf - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: BREAKING: wolfette did not come home to blow me
Briandong79 - Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:02 pm: 31, you're up.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Briandong79 » 15 Feb 2017, 12:31

MisterTambourineMan wrote:There's a really good chance that as I lay on my deathbed my last words will be "you know.....I regret never seeing The Prestige. I always thought I'd like it and should watch it but, eh, who had the time." Then I'll die.

It's very good. You should. I can't remember if that's the better magician movie that came out right around that time though. They both are worth a view.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby CourtesyFlush » 15 Feb 2017, 12:35

Briandong79 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:There's a really good chance that as I lay on my deathbed my last words will be "you know.....I regret never seeing The Prestige. I always thought I'd like it and should watch it but, eh, who had the time." Then I'll die.

It's very good. You should. I can't remember if that's the better magician movie that came out right around that time though. They both are worth a view.

I'll echo BD--It's very good. Better than The Illusionist (that came out at the same time). Christopher Nolan and Christian Bale...and ScarJo.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 15 Feb 2017, 13:39

MTM would like it just for the David Bowie as Nikola Tesla bit. all the rest of it would be bonus.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby TheWolf » 15 Feb 2017, 13:54

Those are both enjoyable magician films. I don't know which one I liked more. I remember more from The Illusionist, for whatever that's worth. They were both better than Now You See Me 2, which I fell asleep watching last night.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Rodney Farva » 15 Feb 2017, 13:58

the prestige and the illusionist are now one big jumble in my mind and i don't remember which was which. those now you see me movies are evil, they blow but yet when they come on the tv it becomes impossible not to watch.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 15 Feb 2017, 14:40

Rodney Farva wrote:the prestige and the illusionist are now one big jumble in my mind and i don't remember which was which. those now you see me movies are evil, they blow but yet when they come on the tv it becomes impossible not to watch.

D has seen each at least 10 times. I dont get it. Theyre making a 3rd one now. Same cast as the 2nd one. Isla Fisher from 1 is not returning for some godforsaken reason.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby TheWolf » 15 Feb 2017, 14:42

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:the prestige and the illusionist are now one big jumble in my mind and i don't remember which was which. those now you see me movies are evil, they blow but yet when they come on the tv it becomes impossible not to watch.

D has seen each at least 10 times. I dont get it. Theyre making a 3rd one now. Same cast as the 2nd one. Isla Fisher from 1 is not returning for some godforsaken reason.

I enjoy looking at Lizzy Caplan too. But yeah, please bring back Isla Fisher if your'e insisting on another one of these.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Dthefritz » 15 Feb 2017, 18:46

If somebody asks me on my deathbed what my favorite Chris Nolan movie is, there's a really good chance I will say The Prestige. This will probably be the question that triggers the DNR, but it's my answer anyway.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby bosux » 12 Mar 2017, 09:01

The director of Lala land went to sux high
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby Goose » 16 Mar 2017, 10:16

Saw a bit of Jack Reacher last night. Rosamund Pike's breasts looked huge in that film compared to other films I've seen her in.

I wonder if that was because I was constantly seeing them next to Tom Cruise or if there was some other reason.
Hall of Sand, Class of 2025
Balls: I know a guy who came home after high school one day to over hear his mom and dad having a 3some with another lady. He actually went to beat off during it in his room.
mister bacon: Wow no wonder PJ is so fucked up.
Goose
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Briandong79 » 16 Mar 2017, 10:17

Goose wrote:Saw a bit of Jack Reacher last night. Rosamund Pike's breasts looked huge in that film compared to other films I've seen her in.

I wonder if that was because I was constantly seeing them next to Tom Cruise or if there was some other reason.

No, they are amazing in that flick. I think I posted the same thing several months back. They are mesmerizing.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 16 Mar 2017, 10:21

Briandong79 wrote:
Goose wrote:Saw a bit of Jack Reacher last night. Rosamund Pike's breasts looked huge in that film compared to other films I've seen her in.

No, they are amazing in that flick. I think I posted the same thing several months back. They are mesmerizing.

they were the best part of Die Another Day (not saying much but still)
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby SouthernYokel » 16 Mar 2017, 10:25

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 16 Mar 2017, 10:41

SouthernYokel wrote:
The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:

THERE WERE 2 GOOD THINGS, THING 1 and THING 2

I mean Halle Berry and Rosamund Pike in revealing outfits
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

PreviousNext

Return to Movies