Random Thoughts - Movies Edition

Random Thoughts - Movies Edition

Postby Fletch » 13 Feb 2007, 01:40

I thought that my creating this would be fitting considering my hatred of the Music Edition.

Though I'm generally not a fan of the random thoughts threads (um, shoutbox?) - if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Anyhoo, my thoughts:

Quick, who directed "8MM"?

If you said David Fincher, you're wrong and you owe me 5 bucks. At least, that was the bet that I won earlier tonight. The answer is: hackjob supreme Joel Schumacher.

Who's the worse sellout: John Travolta or Nicholas Cage? It's a battle to the finish, but at this point, the edge still goes to Travolta, who has made a record 8 billion films since rejuvenating his career with "Pulp Fiction." However, Nicky Boy is gaining fast with garbage like "Ghost Rider" looming. Good god, that looks like the worst movie ever.

Did you know? Within the span of less than 18 months, Cage released "The Weather Man" and "The Wicker Man." Amazing, but true. And (though I might never see either) I'm sure they both sucked ass.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby Freddy Fernandez » 13 Feb 2007, 02:05

I watched Back to the Future today, and when Doc and Marty are first testing the Dilorean, Doc was going through using the time circuits. One of the examples was, "Or say you want to see the birth of Jesus Christ" as he sets the time circuits to December 25, 0000.

Unless Doc was planning on building a freeway and a giant ass bridge, I don't think the Dilorean would make it to Bethlehem.

Is that random enough?
"What're the best shoe/purse brands for the spring season?" ~jack_daniels
Freddy Fernandez
OG's sponsor

Postby Abe Froman » 13 Feb 2007, 07:54

Speaking of selling out and of Back to the Future, there is nothing more depressing than watching TV and suddenly a commercial comes on with the DeLorean blasting away and then Doc gets up and says, "oh I should have told Marty to get DirecTV...."
Abe Froman
Another dude worth meeting

Postby Fletch » 13 Feb 2007, 09:57

Freddy Fernandez wrote:I watched Back to the Future today, and when Doc and Marty are first testing the Dilorean, Doc was going through using the time circuits. One of the examples was, "Or say you want to see the birth of Jesus Christ" as he sets the time circuits to December 25, 0000.

Unless Doc was planning on building a freeway and a giant ass bridge, I don't think the Dilorean would make it to Bethlehem.

Is that random enough?

Flawless. :D
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
Fletch
The Bomb Dick

Postby ONTB » 13 Feb 2007, 12:10

You know, I love Half Baked. And I don't mind Kenny feeding the horse all that shit and killing him to get the movie going, but why the fuck doesn't he run away when the policeman is crying over the horse? He just stands there like a jackass not even attempting to run away. I would have liked to have seen him try to run away.
[Mon 0:15] ONTB: Why can't the whole fucking cast come up? I want to hear what Marky Marky has to say
[Mon 0:16] Clayton Bigsby: "i'd like to thank the funky bunch"
ONTB
The Bomb Dick

Postby jack_daniels » 13 Feb 2007, 12:18

Fletch, Weather Man was bad.

And it wasn't the "good" type of bad movies that we all love. Like 80's action movies, or the old blacksploitations movies...........no this was bad.

It was a movie attempting to look good, but failed miserably. Just bad.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby mister bacon » 13 Feb 2007, 12:31

anyone else a big repo man fan? im going to have to purchase this film on DVD.
Last edited by mister bacon on 13 Feb 2007, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 13 Feb 2007, 12:37

ONTB wrote:You know, I love Half Baked. And I don't mind Kenny feeding the horse all that shit and killing him to get the movie going, but why the fuck doesn't he run away when the policeman is crying over the horse? He just stands there like a jackass not even attempting to run away. I would have liked to have seen him try to run away.

Because Kenny had a heart of gold, man. He's not a cop killer, he's a kindergarten teacher. When that horse died, so did a little part of Kenny.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby TheWolf » 13 Feb 2007, 13:31

Am I the only one that thinks Cage is one of the worst actors of all time? Even when he's in a movie I enjoy, I spend most of the movie thinking about how much better it would be if he wasn't in it.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby jack_daniels » 13 Feb 2007, 13:42

YOu can't fuck with at least 10% of his movies. Just off the top of my head: Raising Arizona, THe Rock, Con-Air, Face/Off, Leaving Las Vegas, and Adaption.............all awesome.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 13 Feb 2007, 13:45

Cage used to be good, then somehow he got it in his head that he was an action star. The Rock, ConAir, Face/Off all suck balls. Ever since he was in those, he almost always overacts. He's best playing losers. His only recent films that have been decent were Matchstick Men and The Weather Man, where he plays said loser to a tee.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Rodney Farva » 13 Feb 2007, 13:45

so much for your movie cred. con air and the rock were absolute shit, face/off only slightly less so.

mister bacon wrote:anyone else a big repo man fan? im going to have to purchase this film on DVD.

helllllll yeah! for some reason they were running it a couple times a week on cable here a month or so ago. the more dated it looks the more i love it.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby jack_daniels » 13 Feb 2007, 13:46

His voice is horrible. Talks like a yuppie.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby TheWolf » 13 Feb 2007, 13:56

I liked The Rock, but I always thought Con Air was highly overrated. Face/Off is one of those movies that's so bad it's good IMO. But I don't think Cage has ever made any movie better than it would have been without him. I hate him so goddamn much. He also doesn't move his mouth when he talks, and that really pisses me off.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 13 Feb 2007, 14:25

I agree, I thought The Rock was actually a pretty solid action movie. A lot of that came from having good actors besides Cage in the major roles, though. Malkovich tends to overact too, so him and Cage together was a lot to handle. Same with Travolta.

And _, I know I've said this before, but Adaptation is at best my 2nd least favorite movie of all time, and could potentially beat out 'Eye of the Beholder" for #1.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Next

Return to Movies