Top 5 Sequels of All Time

Postby Big Scary Monster » 02 Mar 2005, 17:49

No offense to JD, but I don't think that a pot-smoking high school kid of Indian-decent from Canada can really count as a snapshot of America's average High School student.

Plus, remember that JD is really into rap, and pretty much every MTV Cribs episode contains a giant Scarface poster. You never see a rapper showing off his life-sized storm trooper statue or anything like that. Just an observation.

I think that Star Wars is not as popular as it once was, but it certainly has not fallen out of favor as JD would indicate. The movie has aged relatively well and its still fun to watch.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby jack_daniels » 02 Mar 2005, 20:18

Well I guess I shouldn't be so critical of a movie that many hold dear to their heart(not a sarcastic remark).
Actually my cousin had a tape of Scarface from '93 when it was on Showcase(Canadian HBO) and I think I watched it for the first time when I was about 10. I thought it was good then but Pacino just scared the crap out of me lol. I lost interest up until '02 when I went to the flea market, and these guys were selling custom made spray painted shirts that sold around $50. I saw Tony Montana, which brought up memories of when I watched it, and decided to get it. I was the first one in my school that had a Scarface shirt, and many people thought I was weird to have it, like what the fuck you doing with a guy's face on a shirt, stuff like that. Then the DVD came out(which I don't have a copy of-still have the VHS copy lol) and suddenly everyone who was anyone was talking Scarface. It got so crazy everyone was reciting Scarface lines and everything and I actually lost interest because of it. Not that I didn't like it any less, just wasn't as crazy over it, unlike...well many people I know.
And to be honest, if it wasn't for Pacino, the movie wouldn't have been that good. It lags at times, and the acting by everyone except Pacino was dry and formulaic. Well all that is redeemable because of the classic quotes, the chainsaw scene, and the climax. I'm not as crazy over it as you think.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby thedudeabides » 02 Mar 2005, 22:49

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
That was a beautiful story, JD. It was very touching.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Who wants to help me incite a liberal democratic revolution in Iran?....anyone.....anyone at all?
thedudeabides
OG's sponsor

Re: Top 5 Sequels of All Time

Postby nova » 22 Sep 2014, 14:27

Cast of the Mighty Ducks 2 has a reunion.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Previous

Return to Movies