Top 5 Sequels of All Time

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 30 Dec 2004, 07:41

His name is Wallace Shawn his name in the movie is Vizzini, and he was wrong about betting against a sicilian wasn't he?

Calm down before you spill bong water all over your Free Mumia t-shirt.
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Tecmo Bo » 30 Dec 2004, 12:33

Excellent Sequel that I forgot about. Bourne Supremacy. It must kill Ben Affleck that Matt Damon is so much better than him.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 30 Dec 2004, 12:40

Tecmo Bo wrote:Excellent Sequel that I forgot about. Bourne Supremacy. It must kill Ben Affleck that Matt Damon is so much better than him.

Just wait till Damon starts to date J-Lo that will put him over the edge
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby TheWolf » 04 Jan 2005, 12:00

Tecmo Bo wrote:Excellent Sequel that I forgot about. Bourne Supremacy. It must kill Ben Affleck that Matt Damon is so much better than him.

Not to be one of those "the book was better..." guys, but I just couldn't get into the Bourne Identity because they strayed way too far from the book. Still haven't seen Bourne Supremacy, but I'm sure I'll check it out eventually. Are they making a Bourne Ultimatum movie too?
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 04 Jan 2005, 14:31

TheWolf wrote:

Not to be one of those "the book was better..." guys, but I just couldn't get into the Bourne Identity because they strayed way too far from the book. Still haven't seen Bourne Supremacy, but I'm sure I'll check it out eventually. Are they making a Bourne Ultimatum movie too?

I have a lot of friends that say the same thing Wolf and almost all of them have said that Supremacy is worse than Identity. Chances are there will be an Ultimatum as well.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby mister bacon » 04 Jan 2005, 19:21

howboutafrescahmmm wrote:His name is Wallace Shawn his name in the movie is Vizzini, and he was wrong about betting against a sicilian wasn't he?

Calm down before you spill bong water all over your Free Mumia t-shirt.

First off.. only rookies spill bong water. I'm no rookie.

Second.. The US, Germany, and Napoleon all know you cant win a land war in asia.

Third..Its a shame that Mumia and Tommy Chong are in jail while OJ and Robert Blake roam free to kill again.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Tecmo Bo » 04 Jan 2005, 20:59

howboutafrescahmmm wrote:
TheWolf wrote:

I have a lot of friends that say the same thing Wolf and almost all of them have said that Supremacy is worse than Identity. Chances are there will be an Ultimatum as well.

Even the best movie adaptations of books typically shred the book. The worst example I can think of is any movie made of The Count of Monte Cristo. They've all sucked big stinky piles of elephant shit.
If you love a book, you're naturally going to resent any changes made to something that you already think is pretty awesome in movie form. Some stuff that works in book form just doesn't work in movies and you're going to have directors and even the original authors revising it. Like what douchebag Lucas did to the original Star Wars movies. If you give a creative talent the opportunity to revise stuff they already created, they will do so because if it's that good, it's because they're perfectionists and over time and repeated viewings/readings, they're going to come across stuff they wish they had done differently.

That said, Identity and Supremacy were both very good movies for anyone who didn't read the books, like me. If there is a third movie, I look forward to seeing it.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 05 Jan 2005, 07:21

Tecmo you forgot Sum of all Fears, quite possibly the worst book to movie remake, apparently Tom Clancy was too busy counting his money to notice what AssFleck was doing to his book. It should have said based on the title of the book Sum of all Fears cause thats the only thing they had in common with each other.

I hearby nominate George Lucas to be forever known as Douchebag.

Jesus Bacon that post was from days ago, why would you even put Tommy C in the same group as those other three assholes? Blake won't be as lucky as OJ was. Just like Peterson the jury will find him guilty based on the fact he is insincere and has had the same blank face Peterson had for the entire trial.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby TheWolf » 05 Jan 2005, 10:41

I generally still like the movie version of books I've read. I know there's some things you need to change in order for it to work as a movie, but I think the Bourne Identity just changed way too much. In the books, the whole reason Jason Bourne existed was to help track down an assassin named Carlos the Jackal, and the conflict between them was the main plot of all three books. Carlos the Jackal doesn't exist in the Bourne Identity movie, and this really bothered me.

My apologies to anyone who has not read the books and plans to; I hope I didn't ruin anything by discussing it here.
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Rickey Sez » 07 Jan 2005, 16:03

Even the best movie adaptations of books typically shred the book. The worst example I can think of is any movie made of The Count of Monte Cristo.

Holy Crap, Bo. Do you remember the trailer for that movie? The first time Rickey saw the trailer, he was in the theater drinking his coke, and then choked on the coke for about 15 minutes after he heard...

"This Summer... COUNT on revenge!"

THAT cracked Rickey up somethin' hardcore.
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby Scoring Machine » 23 Jan 2005, 02:10

The Rambo sequels were really money, I have to agree. "Afghanistan, no one can tame her" If W would have been a stoner, watching movies, he would know this, but no he was a coke head.

And Terminator 2 baby!! I remember seeing that movie in the theater and people CHEER'D during it! During that chase scene in the LA River.

Empire Strikes back is REALLY damn solid too in comparison to the first.

And Rocky III? Too dope to put into words. I love the scene where Clubber Lang is at the retirement press conference and hits on adrian "you need a real man don't you? why don't you come by my apartment tonight and i'll show you a real man"

I can't speak to any of the Lord of the Ring movies, I'm not about those hobbits. As my ex-roomate can attest, whenever The Lord of the Rings came on HBO, he would hear me mumble 'f*cking hobbits' and change the channel.
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby jack_daniels » 23 Jan 2005, 03:11

I just watched one of those Cheech and Chong movies. Basically they go on a road trip to score some nice weed. Hilarity ensues. One of them got so high he thought he was blind. Oh my god just a classic stoner movie. It's the best to watch high which is what I am right now.

Back to the sequels.....Project A II(duno if any of you heard of that movie) but it's a campy Jackie Chan from waaay back when. Some FAN-tastic fight scenes...these Chinese guys are fucking crazy.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby bringbackthewhalers » 24 Jan 2005, 07:48

I agree with Rocky I-III and Rocky V didnt exist but Rocky IV isnt getting enough love in this forum. I get more into that one than any of the others when TNT shows them all for a weekend...God I hate Adrian in this movie. Bitch.

"Warner throws right and its picked off by Ty Law..."
THE RUSSIAN IS CUT!!!
Fidem Servavi.
bringbackthewhalers
Hope College Alum

Postby Tecmo Bo » 24 Jan 2005, 11:41

THE RUSSIAN IS CUT!!!!

I said the same thing when 'Bruger threw that first interception last night. No, he doesn't have the press cocksucking him like Rectum did, but he WAS undefeated as a pro over an impressive run.
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby jack_daniels » 24 Jan 2005, 20:19

Honestly what is this love affair with the Rocky movies. It was a great and memorable series of movies(except the stupid ass 5th one) with good dialogue(Stallone did win the Oscar for Screenwriting in 76), memorable fight scenes, and even more memorable UCR scenes. But I mean calm down it's just a movie. I guess I understand the mood from the 4th one. Cold War matchup, East vs. West, Communism vs. Democracy, blah blah blah. I don't know. I just don't understand it that's all I'm saying.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

PreviousNext

Return to Movies