Top 5 Sequels of All Time

Top 5 Sequels of All Time

Postby Tecmo Bo » 28 Dec 2004, 16:02

In a spin off from another argument, what are your top five sequels? Groups of sequels count as one. Sequels should have some continuity from the original.

In no particular order...
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Back to the Future
Lord of the Rings
Godfather
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby Snake » 28 Dec 2004, 18:01

When I think about the greatest sequels I think about sequels that were better than the original. In that vein here are my 5.

1. The Rockys (especially 3)
2. Rambo First Blood Part 2
3. Star Wars (3 only)
4. The Mighty Ducks (2 only)
5. The Lord of the Rings
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby MoreCowbell » 28 Dec 2004, 22:55

Snake wrote:4. The Mighty Ducks (2 only)

Man when I think of the 3rd Mighty Ducks movie it makes me sick.....ah well Im drunk, you remember the girl who was from Bangor, Maine? She was my hero.
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby Snake » 29 Dec 2004, 05:41

I'm drunk too, and she was hot. I always thought she was the hottest Mighty Duck ever.
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Big Scary Monster » 29 Dec 2004, 09:57

Which one was she? The Kat?
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 29 Dec 2004, 10:20

Big Scary Monster wrote:Which one was she? The Kat?

its Julie the Kat show some respect
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby mister bacon » 29 Dec 2004, 15:13

1) Star Wars Chapters IV-VI - When people in costumes played the charachters.
2) James Bond - The Sean Connery - Roger Moore years.
3) Rambo I-III - III is my favorite because he fights WITH the Taliban (then called the Mujahadin) against the Russians. Thanks a lot Reagan.
4) Shaft - My favorite is shaft goes to Africa.
5) The Karate Kid - All of them. Hillary Swank as the Next Karate Kid.. mmmm yummy.
Last edited by mister bacon on 29 Dec 2004, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby TheWolf » 29 Dec 2004, 15:15

She was definitely hot. She was the saving grace of the Mighty Ducks trilogy. My five favorite sequels (in no particular order):

Lord of the Rings
Star Wars
Indiana Jones
Godfather
Kill Bill
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 29 Dec 2004, 15:26

Lord of the Rings (although to be fair Tolkien wrote them as one book and they were later split up)

Star Wars VI-VI (not III bacon it isn't out yet unless you have a pirate copy which would be cool)

Rambo of course (although the Taliban was only a small portion of the Mujahadin and the majority of them are still fighting along side the US and actually thats also what their special forces are called having met a bunch of them)

Fucking RoboCop baby

Dawn of the Dead and Day of the Dead
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby WampaOne » 29 Dec 2004, 15:31

Star Wars (ROTJ is not on the same leve IMO)
LOTR
Back to the Future (3 was kind of boring)
Rocky (1-4, as BSG always says, Rocky 5 never existed)
Karate Kid (not included 3 and 4, Hillary Swank and all)

It?s a shame that all those Planet of the Apes sequences are so subpar... although I always get sucked into watching them again.

Escape from LA never existed.
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby WampaOne » 29 Dec 2004, 15:42

never saw the original Dawn of the Dead. I would like to track it down. The new one I liked it a lot.
In Day of the Dead the trained Zombie (Bub?) always seemed too cheesy for my taste.

How about the Evil Dead Series. I get a real kick of the first 2. The 3rd one is not so good. Can even remember if they made a 4th

Another one that has a great first one and others that are just not that good is the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Alien and Aliens came close on my list of 5. Of course, Aliens 3 and 4 never existed. Predators movies were cool too. I enjoyed Alien vs Predator this year. More fun than I expected.
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 29 Dec 2004, 15:44

I enjoyed the shoot um up action in the 4th Aliens, of course I also stood in line with a 12 pack of beer to watch Jason X at the theatre,

can't believe i forgot the evil dead series replace robocop with evil dead.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Tecmo Bo » 29 Dec 2004, 17:08

Best part of Rambo III is the 'salute' to the 'noble' rebels. Classic. Thanks Ronnie and George Sr!

I got my brother Shaft in africa for Christmas as a gag, funny that you mention it Bacon.
bosux191820042090: what kills more is that now more than ever the team needs him[A-Rod] to put it on his back, and he can't...i hate to say this, but if given a choice i would rather have ortiz on my team any day
Tecmo Bo
The Bomb Dick

Postby mister bacon » 29 Dec 2004, 18:32

Tecmo Bo wrote:Best part of Rambo III is the 'salute' to the 'noble' rebels. Classic. Thanks Ronnie and George Sr!

I got my brother Shaft in africa for Christmas as a gag, funny that you mention it Bacon.

Hell yes. Shaft kicks ass. Its too bad they never made a sequal to I'm Gonna Get You Sucka.

Maybe we should create a forum for movies THAT SHOULD have sequals.
I'm bitter that Spaceballs II - The Search for More Money never made it to the bigscreen.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby mister bacon » 29 Dec 2004, 19:01

Tecmo Bo wrote:Best part of Rambo III is the 'salute' to the 'noble' rebels. Classic. Thanks Ronnie and George Sr!

My favorite part of that movie is the part where their mountain guide says "Aftghanistan... no man can control her!!!"

Does anyone else remember the part in the Princess Bride where Wesley is drinking the poison and the bald dude says that hes broken one of the two rules in life.. first is never get involved involved in a land war in asia.. the 2nd is never wager with a sicilian when dealth is involved.

Well.. we're now involved in TWO land wars in Asia.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Next

Return to Movies