Movies I dont like

Postby Dunking Donut » 18 Sep 2006, 08:07

Fight Club was friggin' genius. Not only with the twist and dark humor but the way it was filmed was amazing. At least give it credit there.

LoTR was great as well. It was pretty true to the books, IMO. If you hate the genre don't hate on the movie. There hasn't been a better fantasy movie made, period.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Re: Jack_Daniels Sez: Stay Away from These Movies

Postby edogpgc » 18 Sep 2006, 08:16

nasty nova wrote:

Just to clarify-- I am not saying that Fight Club is a classic or anything; it's just that it has no business on a "Movies You Should Avoid" list. It's not like we're talking about Bounce or Reindeer Games. Or even Christmas with The Kranks. IMO, I think that the greatest thing about Fight Club was the dark humor.

No, I gotcha. The dark humor was very good. It was a pretty solid movie. I was actually more addressing the people who do think it is a classic/life-changing/super thought-provoking/genius movie. I just don't see it.
edogpgc
Friend of Lohan

Postby jack_daniels » 18 Sep 2006, 08:38

You guys are absolutely right. Brad Pitt has been in many excellent movies. But I just kept on going, was on this tear to name as many bad shit as possible, those two guys came to mind and their lamer movies overshadowed the fact that they were in some very excellent movies.

-The Kill Bills (6 YEARS FOR THAT QT???? GO FUCK YOURSELF)
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Dunking Donut » 18 Sep 2006, 10:21

Kill Bill, too? What is this, a mission to to criticize all my favorite movies of the past ten years or what?
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby jack_daniels » 18 Sep 2006, 10:26

Too campy, too gory. . .not that I got squeamish from it, but it's like he went out of his way to cut as many limbs as possible, if only for the fact that a teenage audience would fall for that shit, and earn this movie $$$. Movie seemed more of a commercialized product than an original creation. From Pulp Fiction and writing the screenplays for Natural Born Killers and True Romance. . . .. to that??
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Dunking Donut » 18 Sep 2006, 10:44

jack_daniels wrote:Too campy, too gory. . .not that I got squeamish from it, but it's like he went out of his way to cut as many limbs as possible, if only for the fact that a teenage audience would fall for that shit, and earn this movie $$$. Movie seemed more of a commercialized product than an original creation. From Pulp Fiction and writing the screenplays for Natural Born Killers and True Romance. . . .. to that??

The over the top violence, soundtrack, and the character of Pai Mei were all an homage to old school kung fu movies as welll as a bunch of other sub genres (spaghetti westerns, anime, etc..). If you look at it from that perspective the movie is a lot of fun. It's a modern take on those earlier genres. If you don't get it then you probably won't like the movie.
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby DirtDawg » 20 Sep 2006, 12:46

Good Will hunting was decent (I'm sure to get blasted for this one).

Matty Damon was in Chasing Amy, which is a good movie as well.

He was in Brothers Grimm, which ate rancid donkey shit, so maybe score is on to something.
Bricks - given the opportunity I would rape your dead grandmother's corpse and burn down your house. No offense.
MTM - A saint that rapes is still saint.
DirtDawg
Never Forgotten

Re: Movies I dont like

Postby JT99 » 23 Jul 2015, 07:11

Looks like SandMan knocked this one out of the park, Ball.

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Previous

Return to Movies