Movies I dont like

Movies I dont like

Postby jack_daniels » 17 Sep 2006, 20:48

Sort of like the anti-SOTSG Essential Viewing Thread.

Matrix 2 and 3(ugh, religious allusions OVERLOAD. )

Gaden State(Zach Braff sucks at life. it was brutal)

The Life of David Gale(I get it, they hate capital punishment! Go kill yourself Spacey. Oh right, he did in this movie)

LOTR series (one of the worst book-to-movie transitions in the history of mankind)

Every Single Matt Damon and Brad Pitt Movie. Every Bruckheimer movie.

Bruckheimer, seriously, learn from the masters of action:
Arnold
Stallone
Van Damme
Seagal

YOU BITCH ASS CUNT!! I'm sorry, but Cheesy action Movies are probably my favourite genre of movie, and this cocksucker does it shame.

There are billions of terrible movies out there. Name some.
Last edited by jack_daniels on 06 Dec 2006, 17:31, edited 1 time in total.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby nova » 17 Sep 2006, 20:57

nova sez: Dogma was a great movie, fuckface.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby jack_daniels » 17 Sep 2006, 20:59

Wrong thread assfucker.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Re: Jack_Daniels Sez: Stay Away from These Movies

Postby nova » 17 Sep 2006, 21:00

jack_daniels wrote:Sort of like the anti-SOTSG Essential Viewing Thread.

Not only is Dogma a good Damon movie, but Seven AND Fight Club were damn fucking good movies.
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Brick Tamland » 17 Sep 2006, 21:05

nasty nova wrote:

Not only is Dogma a good Damon movie, but Seven AND Fight Club were damn fucking good movies.

As were Ocean's 11 and the Bourne Identity/Supremacy.
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 17 Sep 2006, 21:20

Brick Tamland wrote:
nasty nova wrote:

I didn't like Dogma, and I thought Fight Club was amazingly overrated.

However, Matt Damon played Private Ryan. So, no matter how you slice it, the hypothesis has problems.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby Frank the Tank » 17 Sep 2006, 21:20

You were right on the money with the last two Matrix movies though. That's about the biggest span in excellence/suckitude between an original and a sequel ever. Caddyshack/Caddyshack 2 also comes to mind.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Brick Tamland » 17 Sep 2006, 21:27

Frank the Tank wrote:You were right on the money with the last two Matrix movies though. That's about the biggest span in excellence/suckitude between an original and a sequel ever. Caddyshack/Caddyshack 2 also comes to mind.

I'd add Blues Brothers 2000, except IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!1!!11!!!!
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick

Postby WampaOne » 17 Sep 2006, 21:27

jack_daniels wrote:LOTR series (one of the worst book-to-movie transitions in the history of mankind)
:shock:

That trilogy is money score! Better than the books, IMO.
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby Frank the Tank » 17 Sep 2006, 21:31

Brick Tamland wrote:
Frank the Tank wrote:You were right on the money with the last two Matrix movies though. That's about the biggest span in excellence/suckitude between an original and a sequel ever. Caddyshack/Caddyshack 2 also comes to mind.

I'd add Blues Brothers 2000, except IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!!!!1!!11!!!!

Don't forget Debbie Does Dallas and Debbie Joins the Convent and Tries to Convince Dalls to Renounce Its Sinful Ways.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby mister bacon » 17 Sep 2006, 22:01

nasty nova wrote:

Not to mention Snatch and 12 Monkeys... both excellent films as well.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby edogpgc » 18 Sep 2006, 00:17

Montecore's Revenge wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:
nasty nova wrote:

However, Matt Damon played Private Ryan. So, no matter how you slice it, the hypothesis has problems.

I couldn't agree more on Fight Club, and I'm a huge Norton fan. I'm not a movie buff at all, but when I saw it, I had no idea how it had become such a classic. The movie really didn't seem near as "deep" as it was trying to be, or as it has a reputation for being. I figured out the "twist" in the middle of the movie, and I'm usually one in movies to either be lost/not figure it out until it is revealed at the end. I wasn't very moved by the main message/theme (I realize there were a couple), either-wow, consumerism owns us!!!111!!!. Unless maybe the violence was appealing??? I don't know, maybe I'm missing something. Someone explain to me why Fight Club is such a great movie. A few nice catch lines, I suppose. I'd love to hear what the board thinks about this movie.
edogpgc
Friend of Lohan

Postby Montecore's Revenge » 18 Sep 2006, 00:37

edogpgc wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:
nasty nova wrote:

I couldn't agree more on Fight Club, and I'm a huge Norton fan. I'm not a movie buff at all, but when I saw it, I had no idea how it had become such a classic. The movie really didn't seem near as "deep" as it was trying to be, or as it has a reputation for being. I figured out the "twist" in the middle of the movie, and I'm usually one in movies to either be lost/not figure it out until it is revealed at the end. I wasn't very moved by the main message/theme (I realize there were a couple), either-wow, consumerism owns us!!!111!!!. Unless maybe the violence was appealing??? I don't know, maybe I'm missing something. Someone explain to me why Fight Club is such a great movie. A few nice catch lines, I suppose. I'd love to hear what the board thinks about this movie.

I'm right there with you. As soon as the Brad Pitt "one-frame" thing happened at the beginning, the big "twist" seemed fairly obvious. The only thing that made me reconsider was the part where Pitt and Norton duke it out in the parking lot early on - I was thinking, "For this to work, Norton would have to be beating himself up, which is just kind of silly." But, yeah, that was it.

All of that said, that doesn't necessarily doom a movie to being mediocre. I just felt like, after I saw it, that it was a 2-star movie. Not bad, but not something I'd want to own or see twice. But I've been surprised to see what a devoted following this movie has. Some people swear by it, although, in my experience, many of the ones I've asked about this just like the idea of "normal" people being able to participate in violence.
Montecore's Revenge
The Angel of Death

Postby edogpgc » 18 Sep 2006, 00:53

edogpgc wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:
nasty nova wrote:

I'm right there with you. As soon as the Brad Pitt "one-frame" thing happened at the beginning, the big "twist" seemed fairly obvious. The only thing that made me reconsider was the part where Pitt and Norton duke it out in the parking lot early on - I was thinking, "For this to work, Norton would have to be beating himself up, which is just kind of silly." But, yeah, that was it.

All of that said, that doesn't necessarily doom a movie to being mediocre. I just felt like, after I saw it, that it was a 2-star movie. Not bad, but not something I'd want to own or see twice. But I've been surprised to see what a devoted following this movie has. Some people swear by it, although, in my experience, many of the ones I've asked about this just like the idea of "normal" people being able to participate in violence.

Actually, I had to rewind to catch that frame thing, but I still wasn't really sure. I think I knew for sure, 100%, when that guy with the man tits talked about the "guy who started it". Even after that, it still was hard to believe that they were one and the same when you're constantly seeing two people. I realized what the twist was, but from what was happening, it just seemed sort of weird. I just went over to IMDB and I can't believe the amount of people who thought it was "the greatest twist ever". Unbelievable. I understand what you're saying about that not dooming a movie, but in this case I just can't get over how creative and original people seem to think the plot is.

The violence thing is what I could understand as appealing to males, as many of my "non-intellectual" friends love the movie, and I'm sure that's why. Many of them have said as much. Otherwise, a solid movie, nothing so great and thought-provoking in an original manner about it, in my opinion.
edogpgc
Friend of Lohan

Postby nova » 18 Sep 2006, 07:56

edogpgc wrote:
edogpgc wrote:
Brick Tamland wrote:
nasty nova wrote:

Actually, I had to rewind to catch that frame thing, but I still wasn't really sure. I think I knew for sure, 100%, when that guy with the man tits talked about the "guy who started it". Even after that, it still was hard to believe that they were one and the same when you're constantly seeing two people. I realized what the twist was, but from what was happening, it just seemed sort of weird. I just went over to IMDB and I can't believe the amount of people who thought it was "the greatest twist ever". Unbelievable. I understand what you're saying about that not dooming a movie, but in this case I just can't get over how creative and original people seem to think the plot is.

The violence thing is what I could understand as appealing to males, as many of my "non-intellectual" friends love the movie, and I'm sure that's why. Many of them have said as much. Otherwise, a solid movie, nothing so great and thought-provoking in an original manner about it, in my opinion.

Just to clarify-- I am not saying that Fight Club is a classic or anything; it's just that it has no business on a "Movies You Should Avoid" list. It's not like we're talking about Bounce or Reindeer Games. Or even Christmas with The Kranks. IMO, I think that the greatest thing about Fight Club was the dark humor.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Next

Return to Movies