SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Re: SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Postby ctz31 » 13 Jun 2011, 14:45

mister bacon wrote:have you seen jackie brown? in no way is it essential, but i think it's actually better than people said/thought it was when it first came out. that's a solid movie, imo.

I think like 10 years ago. Don't remember if I liked it, or what it is about. If it is on netflix i'll give it a gander this week.
ctz31
#nnf

Postby nova » 13 Jun 2011, 17:50

You can turn up my radio as loud as you want, but don't touch my levels! I got them just where I want them!
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Prez » 13 Jun 2011, 20:43

mister bacon wrote:have you seen jackie brown? in no way is it essential, but i think it's actually better than people said/thought it was when it first came out. that's a solid movie, imo.

Wow I can't believe I forgot about this, I liked it better than Dogs.

Updated list:

4. Dogs
3. Jackie Brown
2. Basterds
1. Pulp Fiction
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Frank the Tank » 14 Jun 2011, 04:42

Where's the Kill Bill love? I think I'd put the KB's at the top (not a common ranking, I know), then Pulp Fiction, then Jackie Brown, then Dogs. Still haven't seen Inglorious Basterds.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Magnum » 14 Jun 2011, 09:08

Frank the Tank wrote:Where's the Kill Bill love? I think I'd put the KB's at the top (not a common ranking, I know), then Pulp Fiction, then Jackie Brown, then Dogs. Still haven't seen Inglorious Basterds.

Agreed. I love the Kill Bills. I haven't seen Jackie Brown or Inglorious Basterds yet. It's been a long time since I've seen Pulp. Me thinks a QT movie marathon is due....
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby Prez » 14 Jun 2011, 09:40

Frank the Tank wrote:Where's the Kill Bill love? I think I'd put the KB's at the top (not a common ranking, I know), then Pulp Fiction, then Jackie Brown, then Dogs. Still haven't seen Inglorious Basterds.

I'm also a fan of the Kill Bill saga, (Vol 1 a little more than Vol 2) but doesn't make my top 3 4
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby Briandong79 » 14 Jun 2011, 11:42

Can we all agree that Death Proof is definitely the worst movie Tarantino has made?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 14 Jun 2011, 11:45

Briandong79 wrote:Can we all agree that Death Proof is definitely the worst movie Tarantino has made?

Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 14 Jun 2011, 12:07

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:Can we all agree that Death Proof is definitely the worst movie Tarantino has made?

Ha, I think Four Rooms is alright.

I would also say that True Romance, while I guess not technically a Tarantino film, should be at least mentioned.

1. Pulp Fiction

2. Reservoir Dogs
3. Jackie Brown

4. Inglorious Bastards
5. True Romance
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Freddy Fernandez » 14 Jun 2011, 13:57

Clayton Bigsby wrote:

Hard to blame Tarantino for the whole movie when it was a shared director experience. Tarantino and Rodriguez's scenes were the only two good parts of the whole movie. Then again, I haven't seen it in probably 10 years so it could be much worse than I remember it.

I might be the only Tarantino fan that absolutely hated both Kill Bill movies.

1. Pulp
2. Basterds
3. Dogs
4. Jackie Brown

He had a hand in several other movies, like writing Natural Born Killers, From Dusk Till Dawn, and True Romance (best ensemble cast ever?). Can we count those? Because if so From Dusk Till Dawn bumps Jackie Brown down.
"What're the best shoe/purse brands for the spring season?" ~jack_daniels
Freddy Fernandez
OG's sponsor

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 14 Jun 2011, 14:03

i didn't really care for them either. i'm aware of the :19: of complaining about gratuitous violence in a tarantino movie but......i don't know, seemed a little over the top. story just wasn't that interesting to me, less compelling characters, dialogue was way worse than usual, nowhere near the usual level of humour, etc. i wouldn't use the word "hate" but i definitely think they aren't as good as the big 3. i remember enjoying jackie brown when i first saw it but can't really remember any details right now.
Gregs Kite - Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:55 pm: I hate DJ and his stupid face and hes so stupid and I want to punch him
Dr Jeckyll
Never Forgotten

Postby chrisco » 14 Jun 2011, 14:12

:cryingsalmahayekasavampirestripper:

BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 14 Jun 2011, 15:19

Dr Jeckyll wrote:

i didn't really care for them either. i'm aware of the :19: of complaining about gratuitous violence in a tarantino movie but......i don't know, seemed a little over the top. story just wasn't that interesting to me, less compelling characters, dialogue was way worse than usual, nowhere near the usual level of humour, etc. i wouldn't use the word "hate" but i definitely think they aren't as good as the big 3. i remember enjoying jackie brown when i first saw it but can't really remember any details right now.

I didn't like either Kill Bill either, just didn't do anything for me.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 14 Jun 2011, 15:28

chrisco wrote::cryingsalmahayekasavampirestripper:

splooge.

Hated Natural Born Killers. The Dangerfield scene.......................haunting.

Later on, when his head is superimposed onto the screen? Shiver. Why Rodney. Easily the scariest movie I seen 'til Syriana.
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby Magnum » 14 Jun 2011, 15:33

I love True Romance. One of my fav movies.
Gregs Kite - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Why am I making a Bitches post again?
BigJohnStudd - Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:19 pm: Because you're a bitch.
Magnum
Better Than You

PreviousNext

Return to Movies