SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Re: SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Postby chrisco » 09 Jul 2008, 17:44

teamdime wrote:
chrisco wrote:
teamdime wrote:I saw Idiocracy a couple nights ago. Funny as hell.

To me this seems like it should go in the movies you've seen more recently thread, to me.

Also it falls in the not super funny but very quotable category of movie. Camacho in 2008.

I put it in here because it should be essential to any SOTSG'ers movie experience, also it was the first time I'd seen it.

what next?

SY wrote:....but yeah if there's an awkward silence i am definitely filling it with nonsense.
chrisco
Madoff

Postby babylurch » 19 Aug 2009, 21:33

Grosse Point Blank. It doesn't get a whole lot of discussion, but just a really solid movie all the way through. Plus, it has an excellent soundtrack.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
babylurch
Basketball Jesus

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 20 Aug 2009, 02:21

babylurch wrote:Grosse Point Blank. It doesn't get a whole lot of discussion, but just a really solid movie all the way through. Plus, it has an excellent soundtrack.

I loved that movie. Akroyd was great in it, as were Hank Azaria and the black dood as the FBI or whatever guys. Real good comedy, that movie. And yeah, soundtrack was cool too.
Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby Rodney Farva » 20 Aug 2009, 02:54

Clayton Bigsby wrote:
babylurch wrote:Grosse Point Blank. It doesn't get a whole lot of discussion, but just a really solid movie all the way through. Plus, it has an excellent soundtrack.

I loved that movie. Akroyd was great in it, as were Hank Azaria and the black dood as the FBI or whatever guys. Real good comedy, that movie. And yeah, soundtrack was cool too.

ditto. piven was pretty good in it, too, as was joan cusack.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby Frank the Tank » 20 Aug 2009, 07:17

Rodney Farva wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:

I agree with all that, especially Joan Cusack. I thought she was the funniest part of an all-around funny movie.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby mister bacon » 30 Aug 2009, 08:35

Frank the Tank wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:
Clayton Bigsby wrote:

I agree with all that, especially Joan Cusack. I thought she was the funniest part of an all-around funny movie.

alan arkin as dr. oatman was hilarious too. its a great film. joe strummer (from the clash for those of you too lazy to google) did the music supervision so there's no surprise that it was fantastic.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

bostonsucksmyballs wrote: I dont want to lose cred here.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Clayton Bigsby » 08 Sep 2009, 11:57

I recently re-watched the Canadian "mockumentary" classic FUBAR. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It's fucking hilarious. A documentary dude follows around two white trash losers, hilarity ensues. Here are some clips. (some audio on it is NSFW)

Clayton Bigsby
Head of the Snake

Postby someguysomewhere » 14 Apr 2010, 09:51

Clayton Bigsby wrote:I recently re-watched the Canadian "mockumentary" classic FUBAR. If you haven't seen it, check it out. It's fucking hilarious. A documentary dude follows around two white trash losers, hilarity ensues. Here are some clips. (some audio on it is NSFW)

Turn up the good. Turn down the suck.
the very best of _:

Mar 15
if im cooking frozen pizza in the oven, how long should i preheat it. box says preheat to 375F but for how long?

Apr 25
the opportunity cost of knowing how to preheat an oven is pretty puny compared to anything else
someguysomewhere
TRU Patriot

Re:

Postby ctz31 » 13 Jun 2011, 09:31

jack_daniels wrote:QT obviously: Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction,

Was home alone yesterday for a while and watched both of these. A double feature matinee. I saw both of them many years ago, but didn't even really remember how they played out. I enjoyed both!
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Re: Re:

Postby mister bacon » 13 Jun 2011, 11:57

ctz31 wrote:

Was home alone yesterday for a while and watched both of these. A double feature matinee. I saw both of them many years ago, but didn't even really remember how they played out. I enjoyed both!

they both hold up extremely well. especially Reservoir Dogs. that movie is so good you don't even realize that the majority of the movie is four guys and a half dead dude in a big room talking to each other.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Dr Jeckyll » 13 Jun 2011, 12:18

mister bacon wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

they both hold up extremely well. especially Reservoir Dogs. that movie is so good you don't even realize that the majority of the movie is four guys and a half dead dude in a big room talking to each other.

i don't think inglourious basterds has been mentioned yet in this thread but i put that up there with Tarantino's best. RD, PF and IB are his clear-cut top 3 to me and all are essential viewing.
Dr Jeckyll
The Bomb Dick

Postby mister bacon » 13 Jun 2011, 13:00

Dr Jeckyll wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

i don't think inglourious basterds has been mentioned yet in this thread but i put that up there with Tarantino's best. RD, PF and IB are his clear-cut top 3 to me and all are essential viewing.

i agree. it is classic tarantino, and i think it will hold up very well as years go by. that movie totally delivered on the hype.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Prez » 13 Jun 2011, 13:39

mister bacon wrote:
Dr Jeckyll wrote:
mister bacon wrote:
ctz31 wrote:

i agree. it is classic tarantino, and i think it will hold up very well as years go by. that movie totally delivered on the hype.

Love all 3 of these. I would rank them:

(Reverse order for Gil)

3.Reservoir Dogs
2.Inglorious Basterds
1.Pulp Fiction
Ballz: So, I fucking got a BJ for $250 total, and wore a rubber. It sucked, I couldnt even feel it, so i jeckyled onto her tits. She was cute. Not even that far out of my league, it was a waste of $250
Prez
The MAWG

Postby ctz31 » 13 Jun 2011, 13:51

3. Pulp
2. Dogs
1. Bastards

That movie was fantastic. I actually watched some of that yesterday too on free showtime.
ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby mister bacon » 13 Jun 2011, 14:42

have you seen jackie brown? in no way is it essential, but i think it's actually better than people said/thought it was when it first came out. that's a solid movie, imo.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

PreviousNext

Return to Movies