SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Re: SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 24 Aug 2017, 12:46

I think they meant to put Clue at #34 instead of Clueless.
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18394
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Postby CourtesyFlush » 24 Aug 2017, 12:58

It's a travishamockery Bridesmaids is even on this list. Good gravy I hate that movie and everyone in it.

Someone explain to me how Spinal Tap is funny. I tried watching it one time and couldn't get through 10 mins before I turned it off.

Blazing Saddles is 19 spots too low.

Lebowski...a heaping pile of meh.

Glad Anchorman and Step Brothers were recognized. Old School should be in there as well.

Where is Coming to America?
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14614
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Aug 2017, 13:28

Flush: do you like Best in Show or Waiting for Guffman or any of those other Christopher Guest mockumentary movies? If not, you will not like Spinal Tap, but Spinal Tap is the best version of that movie.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29840
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Postby CourtesyFlush » 24 Aug 2017, 13:31

SouthernYokel wrote:Flush: do you like Best in Show or Waiting for Guffman or any of those other Christopher Guest mockumentary movies? If not, you will not like Spinal Tap, but Spinal Tap is the best version of that movie.

I have seen Best in Show. That one was actually funny. I have not seen any of the other mockumentaries he's directed.
Gregs Kite - Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:24 pm: I don't know, my Wolfpack can be sneaky good in these games

JichaelDick - Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:47 am: Fulsh, you truly are the best North Carolinian ever. Sorry, Andy Griffith.
User avatar
CourtesyFlush
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 14614
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 01:11
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 24 Aug 2017, 13:35

Spinal Tap fucking rules!
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18394
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Postby Dthefritz » 24 Aug 2017, 16:36

TheWolf wrote:I agree with Dong on South Park vs. Team America.

You guys should just be wrong for a living. You'd be filthy rich.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7497
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Postby babylurch » 24 Aug 2017, 16:46

Top Secret should be top 15 along with Night Shift.
2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion
User avatar
babylurch
Basketball Jesus
 
Posts: 4581
Joined: 11 May 2006, 16:07
Location: 2013 Jason McElwaine Regional Champion

Re: SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Postby TheWolf » 24 Aug 2017, 18:02

Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I agree with Dong on South Park vs. Team America.

You guys should just be wrong for a living. You'd be filthy rich.


I feel even better about my opinion now. TY for confirming.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18462
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Postby Dthefritz » 24 Aug 2017, 21:16

TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I agree with Dong on South Park vs. Team America.

You guys should just be wrong for a living. You'd be filthy rich.


I feel even better about my opinion now. TY for confirming.

I'm sorry you feel that way Mr Wolfgang. But team America is nonstop hilarity for 90 minutes. It has certainly never been topped by Messrs Parker and Stone, and I would scarcely listen to an argument that it had been topped by another soul, living or dead.

Now suck my cock! Just kidding.
User avatar
Dthefritz
tl;dr
 
Posts: 7497
Joined: 30 Nov 2006, 01:35
Location: In the green, never in between

Re: SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Postby Rodney Farva » 24 Aug 2017, 21:51

1974 was a hell of a year for mel brooks
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24986
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Postby JT99 » 25 Aug 2017, 06:52

mj3528 wrote:
Gregs Kite wrote:BBC ranks the 100 Best Comedies of All Time

Lotta sniffing of our cinematic farts, here.

PS: My sweet god, fuck "The Big Lebowski" sideways.


I am not a huge Monty Python fan, seems like you like it more when you are younger, but how can Life of Brian be ranked ahead of the Holy Grail? Am I wrong here.


You are 100% correct

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:I also just learned that Australia is #53 most populous at only 24.6 million people. Seems like they have a lot of land for that few number of people. Maybe we could ship them our prison population or something like that.


It's always seemed a bit strange to me that Australia doesn't have huge cities all the way around their perimeter.

Side note: I don't know anything about Australia.

Briandong79 wrote:South Park is infinitely funnier than Team America.

I don't have any quarrels with Clueless at 34. It's a classic.


mmmmmmm, "infinitely"? nah.

CourtesyFlush wrote:Someone explain to me how Spinal Tap is funny.

Blazing Saddles is 19 spots too low.

Glad Anchorman and Step Brothers were recognized. Old School should be in there as well.

Where is Coming to America?


Spinal Tap can't really be explained. You are either with it or not. Sad for you that you are not, but you redeem yourself the rest of the post.

Blazing Saddles is a gold standard [/31]

Old School >> Step Brothers

Crime that Coming to America is not included. Racist cuck reviewers.
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 9805
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Postby TheWolf » 25 Aug 2017, 07:11

Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I agree with Dong on South Park vs. Team America.

You guys should just be wrong for a living. You'd be filthy rich.


I feel even better about my opinion now. TY for confirming.

I'm sorry you feel that way Mr Wolfgang. But team America is nonstop hilarity for 90 minutes. It has certainly never been topped by Messrs Parker and Stone, and I would scarcely listen to an argument that it had been topped by another soul, living or dead.

Now suck my cock! Just kidding.


And at what point during its 81 minutes does the hilarity stop in Bigger, Longer, and Uncut?

Clearly these are both cinematic masterpieces, but we are never going to agree on which is the better of the two. I respectfully disagree with you, and bid you good day.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18462
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Postby SouthernYokel » 25 Aug 2017, 08:00

TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
TheWolf wrote:I agree with Dong on South Park vs. Team America.

You guys should just be wrong for a living. You'd be filthy rich.


I feel even better about my opinion now. TY for confirming.

I'm sorry you feel that way Mr Wolfgang. But team America is nonstop hilarity for 90 minutes. It has certainly never been topped by Messrs Parker and Stone, and I would scarcely listen to an argument that it had been topped by another soul, living or dead.

Now suck my cock! Just kidding.


And at what point during its 81 minutes does the hilarity stop in Bigger, Longer, and Uncut?

Clearly these are both cinematic masterpieces, but we are never going to agree on which is the better of the two. I respectfully disagree with you, and bid you good day.


Up There drags. I said it.

I prefer BLU to team america but it is because i will watch anything with Eric Cartman in it.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29840
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: SOTSG Essential Movie Viewing

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 25 Aug 2017, 09:34

SouthernYokel wrote:I prefer BLU to team america but it is because i will watch anything with Eric Cartman in it.


This would be my take too. One of my favorite parts of Team America is when Kim Jung starts basically doing a Cartman impression. Breaking my balls, Hans.

Can't go wrong with either, obvi.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13068
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Previous

Return to Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron