Movies that are so bad they are good

Movies that are so bad they are good

Postby Snake » 01 Dec 2004, 23:17

I was just thinking about this as I was thinking about the You Got Served South Park episode. The movie You Got Served without a doubt shatters the unintentional comedy scale. Also theres a movie called The Conqueror, an epic about Mongolian Warlord Ghengis Khan starring John Wayne that's about as terrible as it gets and it brings me to tears whenever I see it. Can anyone else out there think of some movies that are so terrible you just have to love them?
Let me be very clear. I AM NOT A 49ers FAN!!!

I am the Beer Pong Jesus. If you want a shot at my title, bring it on. BPong.com

~Keep fighting the good fight to get someone else nicknamed Jake the Snake

~Peyton Manning SUCKS
Snake
Basketball Jesus

Postby Frank the Tank » 02 Dec 2004, 08:38

My personal favorite is Weird Al Yankovic's UHF. I never get tired of that movie.
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Big Scary Monster » 02 Dec 2004, 11:55

I too am a fan of "UHF."

I have to say that "Commando" is one of those movies. Along with Brian Bosworth in "Stone Cold."
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Dunking Donut » 02 Dec 2004, 13:03

UHF was brilliant.

One of my faves was Revenge of the Nerds. That movie must have been for $600! There's so many little things going on there, it's great. There's also Big Man on Campus, which maybe 3 people have seen.
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Turk182 » 06 Dec 2004, 08:55

Big Scary Monster wrote:I too am a fan of "UHF."

I have to say that "Commando" is one of those movies. Along with Brian Bosworth in "Stone Cold."

Everytime Stone Cold comes on I end up watching it, couldn't tell you why though. My favorite scene is at the end when the motorcycle flies out of the courthouse and blows up the helicopter, only the chopper clearly blows up before the bike hits it. What, great, cheesy action.

Necessary Roughness fills the requirement of so bad it's good I believe. It's hard not to watch a movie that features Sinbad.
Turk182
Vapid Slag

Postby TheWolf » 06 Dec 2004, 12:22

Turk182 wrote:

Everytime Stone Cold comes on I end up watching it, couldn't tell you why though. My favorite scene is at the end when the motorcycle flies out of the courthouse and blows up the helicopter, only the chopper clearly blows up before the bike hits it. What, great, cheesy action.

Necessary Roughness fills the requirement of so bad it's good I believe. It's hard not to watch a movie that features Sinbad.

I actually find it very, very hard TO watch a movie that features Sinbad. He's one of those people that I just never understood how he got famous. I think he made a name for himself doing stand-up, but his stand-up is so terrible it's almost painful to listen to. Somehow, somebody got the idea that he should get a chance at acting. I find that less terrible, because as long as he's not the main character, you can try to avoid him and hope the movie's good on its own. But in my opinion, Sinbad has absolutely zero talent at anything. Yet he gets to be rich and famous. That's not fair. I can suck at stuff too; why don't I get paid absurd amounts of money for it?
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Big Scary Monster » 06 Dec 2004, 13:08

Turk182 wrote:

Things I love about Stone Cold:

The totally random shower scene just to show nudity when he enters the compound.

The entire speech about the jackets and how the colors should never touch the ground.

The fact that they they burned Ice and his motorcycle when he dies in the crash.

The high comedy that somehow both Lance Henriksen and William Forsythe were duped into being in this movie.

Boz may just have the fiercest mullet in existence throughout that whole movie.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby TAbbott » 06 Dec 2004, 13:34

My personal favorite is Weird Al Yankovic's UHF

I've always had a little soft spot in my heart because of Michael Richard's appearance in this movie. I like to think of it as his coming out part. You could really see his gift for physical comedy. Other than that, I don't remember too much about this movie.
TAbbott
Czar-like official

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 06 Dec 2004, 14:33

I used to catch Monstervision on TNT with Joe Bob Briggs?? They always had some pretty crappy yet entertaining movies, such as Swamp Thing and Toxic Avenger
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Turk182 » 06 Dec 2004, 14:52

TheWolf wrote:
I actually find it very, very hard TO watch a movie that features Sinbad. He's one of those people that I just never understood how he got famous. I think he made a name for himself doing stand-up, but his stand-up is so terrible it's almost painful to listen to. Somehow, somebody got the idea that he should get a chance at acting. I find that less terrible, because as long as he's not the main character, you can try to avoid him and hope the movie's good on its own. But in my opinion, Sinbad has absolutely zero talent at anything. Yet he gets to be rich and famous. That's not fair. I can suck at stuff too; why don't I get paid absurd amounts of money for it?

It's the old 'train wreck' addage, I just can't pull my eyes away.

And the scene in Stone Cold where they burn Ice on his motorcycle is class.

What about anything with Dolph Lundgren? I was watching Universal Soldier the other day, and I just couldn't stop laughing.
Turk182
Vapid Slag

Postby Big Scary Monster » 06 Dec 2004, 15:59

Speaking of Dolph, does anyone else think its funny that they made a Punisher movie and no one anywhere mentioned the fact that he had done one in 1989? Its like it never happened. I can't wait for them to come out with a new He-Man movie and do the same thing... that would be great.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Turk182 » 06 Dec 2004, 16:06

Actually, I read somewhere that a new He Man movie is actually in the works, so Dolph's getting screwed twice. Now, as to why they would make a new He Man, I couldn't tell you.
"Heard it on the radio, seen it on the TV."
Turk182
Vapid Slag

Postby Big Scary Monster » 06 Dec 2004, 16:11

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0427340/

You are correct! Well, I'll be damned. Directed by John Woo. Should be interesting.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Turk182 » 06 Dec 2004, 16:20

Should be massively homoerotic as well. The "secrets" of Castle Greyskull indeed...
"Heard it on the radio, seen it on the TV."
Turk182
Vapid Slag

Postby jack_daniels » 06 Dec 2004, 17:21

Project A 1 and 2, hands down Jackie Chans best 2 movies. Best stunts too.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Next

Return to Movies