Spork Flicks

Postby JohnnyDamon » 24 Oct 2005, 01:17

Pacino did get robbed in Godfather...one of my all-time favorite performances ever in one of my favorite movies ever (I really need to update my 5 favorite movies)....
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby mister bacon » 24 Oct 2005, 02:19

He gets ignored because he did a tribute to a guy who named names during the mcarthy investigations. Fuck him.
Last edited by mister bacon on 24 Oct 2005, 02:21, edited 1 time in total.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby jack_daniels » 24 Oct 2005, 02:20

mister bacon wrote:He gets ignored because he is associated with a guy who named named during the mcarthy investigations. Fuck him.

Stupid reasons like this is why you should take who theAcademy gives awards to with a grain of salt.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby mister bacon » 24 Oct 2005, 02:23

Thats not a stupid reason to not give someone an award. At a time when people in hollywood lost their livelihoods because they stood for their principles this asshole started naming names. People lost their careers because of him... and he did a piece in praise of him? If I'm in the acadamy Id never forget that.

Fuck 'em both.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby jack_daniels » 24 Oct 2005, 02:31

The politics of Hollywood and beyond should not be incorporated into the decision making of deciding on the artistic achievements of that year. Pacino gave the 3 best performances of his career, aruably, during the 70's and for the Academy to ignore him, as WELL as Scorcese during the 70's-90's just goes to show there needs to be some major reform in the voting system.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby mister bacon » 24 Oct 2005, 02:56

I disagree. Its not a democracy, it can do what it wants.. and if it wants to punish people who praise those who punish its members through its conduct than they can do what they want.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Rodney Farva » 24 Oct 2005, 04:16

jack_daniels wrote:The Sixth Sense and The Patriot sucksby the way. I never said those thrillers and dramas were immune from sucking. Heaven's Gate anyone? Copolla's nail in the coffin, career wise.

What the fuck are you talking about, _? Your knowledge (or lack thereof) of the movie industry, movie terminology and movie history continue to be appalling, and if you'll forgive the rhyme, your confidence in your unfounded positions is galling.

You've got about six tangents banging into each other those four sentences. Heaven's Gate was Michael Cimino's waterloo, not Coppola's, and what does that have to do with the rest of that paragraph or the previous posts? Thanks for wrecking yet another thread with your stupidity.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby MoreCowbell » 24 Oct 2005, 08:38

Uh... I thought this thread was about chick flicks masquerading as sports movies. It looks like ony Bacon properly replied, although Friday Night Lights is questionable. A League of their Own, definitely. Love and Basketball's a good one. Maybe even Bull Durham.
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby vballstud » 24 Oct 2005, 08:42

thank you to those of you who actually answered my question and gave me some good ideas for Spork flicks. As for the rest of you, couldn't you start a new post to bitch about all this stuff? I have to waste my time reading all your rants that I couldn't care less about trying to find someone who actually responded to my question.
vballstud
Doug Christie

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Oct 2005, 08:54

vballstud wrote:thank you to those of you who actually answered my question and gave me some good ideas for Spork flicks. As for the rest of you, couldn't you start a new post to bitch about all this stuff? I have to waste my time reading all your rants that I couldn't care less about trying to find someone who actually responded to my question.

nice. By the way...I've never seen a "spork" flick. Are those movies you watch with a utensil from KFC? Or would it be a movie where Babe the pig plays soccer?
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Frank the Tank » 24 Oct 2005, 08:58

SouthernYokel wrote:
vballstud wrote:thank you to those of you who actually answered my question and gave me some good ideas for Spork flicks. As for the rest of you, couldn't you start a new post to bitch about all this stuff? I have to waste my time reading all your rants that I couldn't care less about trying to find someone who actually responded to my question.

nice. By the way...I've never seen a "spork" flick. Are those movies you watch with a utensil from KFC? Or would it be a movie where Babe the pig plays soccer?

I have to agree with SY here. When I saw the subject heading I had no idea what you were talking about. If you're looking for solid input I suggest a less confusing thread title.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby MoreCowbell » 24 Oct 2005, 09:02

Frank the Tank wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:

I have to agree with SY here. When I saw the subject heading I had no idea what you were talking about. If you're looking for solid input I suggest a less confusing thread title.

It's from a Sports Guy article back in April. The one where he talked about Fever Pitch.
MoreCowbell
The Bomb Dick

Postby Frank the Tank » 24 Oct 2005, 09:06

MoreCowbell wrote:It's from a Sports Guy article back in April. The one where he talked about Fever Pitch.

The lesson, as always, is that I'm an idiot. I offer a complete and utter retraction, and warn you all of the senility that's approaching when you turn 35. Beware! BEWARE!!!

I take it back vballstud. Welcome to the board.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Re: Spork Flicks

Postby Briandong79 » 24 Oct 2005, 09:09

vballstud wrote:Ok, so I'm writing a research paper on the evolution of sports movies, and I'm including a section on sports flicks (yes, im giving the Sports GUy credit for the idea). DOes anyone know of some good ones, preferrably 1990 or later. I all ready thought of Jerry Maguire, Tin Cup, and Fever Pitch.

I think where the confusion came from was the initial post, which merely said there was going to be a section on sports flicks. Without the "k", its somewhat confusing whether V-ball wanted actual sports movies or the so-called "spork" movies. That was why I was confused. I actually interpreted the title of the thread as a typo.

At any rate, welcome aboard.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Re: Spork Flicks

Postby Rodney Farva » 24 Oct 2005, 09:41

vballstud wrote:Ok, so I'm writing a research paper on the evolution of sports movies, and I'm including a section on sports flicks (yes, im giving the Sports GUy credit for the idea). DOes anyone know of some good ones, preferrably 1990 or later. I all ready thought of Jerry Maguire, Tin Cup, and Fever Pitch.

I'm sure some lucky perfesser is looking forward to reading a paper that includes something along these lines:

Endnotes:

1. Tank, Frank the. Post with subject title "Fever Pitch sucks major moose cock, screw you, Jimmy Fallon!"
SOTSG "Movies" forum
xx/xx/2005
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

PreviousNext

Return to Movies