Spork Flicks

Re: Spork Flicks

Postby vballstud » 24 Oct 2005, 10:13

Briandean79 wrote:
vballstud wrote:Ok, so I'm writing a research paper on the evolution of sports movies, and I'm including a section on sports flicks (yes, im giving the Sports GUy credit for the idea). DOes anyone know of some good ones, preferrably 1990 or later. I all ready thought of Jerry Maguire, Tin Cup, and Fever Pitch.

I think where the confusion came from was the initial post, which merely said there was going to be a section on sports flicks. Without the "k", its somewhat confusing whether V-ball wanted actual sports movies or the so-called "spork" movies. That was why I was confused. I actually interpreted the title of the thread as a typo.

At any rate, welcome aboard.

Thanks for the welcome, and I apologize for my typo on my first post. I honestly didn't even realize it until I saw these posts. Thank you again for those who helped, and I again apologize for my error. My initial intention was to find onlyh Spork Flicks.
vballstud
Doug Christie

Postby bosux » 24 Oct 2005, 10:14

little giants
mighty ducks I, II, III
ladybugs (rodney gets NO respect for his performance in this)
the sandlot
the rookie
by bosux » 02 Mar 2016, 13:34
if the democratic power machine is so tone deaf as to foist $hrillary upon the electorate they will lose to Trump...bet on it
bosux
Dr. Poop

Postby SouthernYokel » 24 Oct 2005, 10:17

bosux191820042090 wrote:little giants
mighty ducks I, II, III
ladybugs (rodney gets NO respect for his performance in this)
the sandlot
the rookie

except for ladybugs, i dont think any of those are chick/sport flicks. And rodney was awesome in that one. Also, the rookie was a great movie. Those quaid brothers are so hit or miss, though, that i didn't see the rookie until it had been on video for a year.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Dunking Donut » 24 Oct 2005, 11:29

Did we go the whole time without Jerry Maguire or did I miss it. It was probably too obvious.

If my wife like it, it's a spork (at best).

Legend of Bagger Vance. Remember the Titans.

That what I can think of off the top of my head that wasn't mentioned already.
jew jitsu wrote:Shit is overblown honestly, if we are going by today's standard I committed sexual assault a bunch of times. Give me a break
Dunking Donut
The Bomb Dick

Postby Bleacher Creature » 24 Oct 2005, 11:31

Dunking Donut wrote:Did we go the whole time without Jerry Maguire or did I miss it. It was probably too obvious.

You missed it.

vballstud wrote: I all ready thought of Jerry Maguire, Tin Cup, and Fever Pitch.
Bleacher Creature
OG's sponsor

Postby Magnum » 24 Oct 2005, 22:53

HE GOT GAME...Ray Allen represent!
Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:49 pm MisterTambourineMan you're salt of the earth, jike. like, a lot of salt.
Magnum
Better Than You

Postby Scoring Machine » 24 Oct 2005, 23:21

Bull Durham is clearly a chic flick. Deep down in your hearts you all know this.
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby mister bacon » 25 Oct 2005, 01:25

Magnum wrote:HE GOT GAME...Ray Allen represent!

I love he got game. In fact, thats my nick name for Ray Ray (whom I hope has a good year because ive got him on my law school league fantasy team along with t.diddy and shaq.) we all call him he got game!
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

TheWolf wrote: Being a douche is a very expensive hobby.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby SouthernYokel » 25 Oct 2005, 08:06

Scoring Machine wrote:Bull Durham is clearly a chic flick. Deep down in your hearts you all know this.

it may be, but it's a chick flick that is emminently watchable. Like sleepless in seattle or when harry met sally. Shit. Am I a fag? Not that there's anything wrong with that. Maybe I need a weekend away from the ladyfriend drinking whiskey and putting singles in ho' cheeks.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby sportsdorkhater » 25 Oct 2005, 08:53

SouthernYokel wrote: but it's a chick flick that is emminently watchable. Like sleepless in seattle or when harry met sally.

:shock:
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Oct 2005, 09:32

sportsdorkhater wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote: but it's a chick flick that is emminently watchable. Like sleepless in seattle or when harry met sally.

:shock:

I like both those movies as well SY. For movies without guns they're not bad.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby SouthernYokel » 25 Oct 2005, 09:41

i feel slightly better that i'm not alone, but i'm still worried that this is going to make my balls run up into my bladder.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby Frank the Tank » 25 Oct 2005, 09:55

If anyone questions your sexuality you can always issue Costanza's challenge from The Outing episode of Seinfeld:

George Costanza wrote:Look, you wanna have sex right now? Do want to have sex with me right now? Let's go! C'mon, let's go baby! C'mon!

Well, you should probably wait until your sexuality is questioned by a female before you issue this challenge, but keep it handy.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby SouthernYokel » 25 Oct 2005, 09:56

Frank the Tank wrote:If anyone questions your sexuality you can always issue Costanza's challenge from The Outing episode of Seinfeld:

George Costanza wrote:Look, you wanna have sex right now? Do want to have sex with me right now? Let's go! C'mon, let's go baby! C'mon!

Well, you should probably wait until your sexuality is questioned by a female before you issue this challenge, but keep it handy.

yeah, that probably won't help with SDH.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Re: Spork Flicks

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 16 Nov 2016, 13:21

Whatever happened to Frank Cushman after he fired Jerry Maguire?

https://www.go90.com/profiles/va_2d9f3d ... 9b71d2a344
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Previous

Return to Movies