Whatever happened to. . .Movie edition.

Whatever happened to. . .Movie edition.

Postby SouthernYokel » 21 Oct 2005, 13:06

Whatever happened to Nancy Travis? She was in 3 men and a baby, married to the mob, so i married an axe murderer, the vanishing, etc. She stopped doing stuff, and she had this weird hotness factor. Like an "i might be crazy, but you're gonna have to fuck me to find out" vibe. The original (less steaming hot) version of angelina jolie. Actually, no, I KNOW angelina jolie is crazy.

ETA - also, i always get her mixed up with Robin Wright Penn, who was active at the same time, and looked exactly the same.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby jack_daniels » 21 Oct 2005, 13:30

what the fuck happened to Dennis Hopper's acting career.

He was one of the top indie actors in the 60's, then inadvertantly went on a run of unsuccessful blockbusters.

Then he cemented his legend in Blue Velvet, True Romance and speed. Now, I duno. He's become a tool in the same steps as DeNiro(15 Minutes! CMON BOB! You were Travis fuckin Bickle!)
Last edited by jack_daniels on 21 Oct 2005, 13:46, edited 1 time in total.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby SouthernYokel » 21 Oct 2005, 13:32

jack_daniels wrote:what the fuck happened to Dennish Hopper's acting career.

He was one of the top indie actors in the 60's, then inadvertantly went on a run of unsuccessful blockbusters.

Then he cemented his legend in Blue Velvet, True Romance and speed. Now, I duno. He's become a tool in the same steps as DeNiro(15 Minutes! CMON BOB! You were Travis fuckin Bickle!)

one movie sums his career up. Speed. After that, there's nothing. He recently got some cred back (from me anyway) for Land of the dead, though.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby jack_daniels » 21 Oct 2005, 13:36

youre joking. Speed?

youre forgetting all about Easy Rider, Blue Velvet, Apocalypse Now:Redux, True Romance hell even Knockaround Guys.

Speed was a good action movie, but it wasn't the best performance of his career.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby SouthernYokel » 21 Oct 2005, 13:39

I'm saying it was the performance that led to his current slump. It was pretty poor. The movie was ok, but for some reason it put hopper in this typecast of "crazy bad guy" that he hasn't been able to shake.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby jack_daniels » 21 Oct 2005, 13:43

Hopper was typecast as "crazy bad guy" long before Speed came out.

whatever happened to Robert Altman. I makes Gosford park, which was OK, but pretty much a textbook Altman movie. He's disappeared since then. This guy had one of the best track records in the 70's, then got fucked over by Quintet, and proceeded to completely suck in the 80's. The Player saved his career.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Briandong79 » 21 Oct 2005, 13:45

SouthernYokel wrote:I'm saying it was the performance that led to his current slump. It was pretty poor. The movie was ok, but for some reason it put hopper in this typecast of "crazy bad guy" that he hasn't been able to shake.

I agree, same as Pacino falling into basically the same character after Scent Of A Woman. I thought Hopper was solid in Speed, but it definitely drug him down, and Waterworld just cemented it.

Underscore wrote:Dennish Hopper

Is this the Indian version? (Kidding, kidding)

What happened to Simone from Ferris Bueller, Mia Sara I believe?
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 21 Oct 2005, 13:50

She was also the love interest in that tom cruise fantasy movie, legend. She was awesome. Definetly a whatever happened to her? I think the SG said something about her once too.
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Re: Whatever happened to. . .Movie edition.

Postby Rodney Farva » 21 Oct 2005, 14:38

SouthernYokel wrote:Whatever happened to Nancy Travis? She was in 3 men and a baby, married to the mob, so i married an axe murderer, the vanishing, etc. She stopped doing stuff, and she had this weird hotness factor. Like an "i might be crazy, but you're gonna have to fuck me to find out" vibe. The original (less steaming hot) version of angelina jolie. Actually, no, I KNOW angelina jolie is crazy.

ETA - also, i always get her mixed up with Robin Wright Penn, who was active at the same time, and looked exactly the same.

Uhm......huh? I didn't buy the hotness, and certainly don't think she looks anything like Robin Wright Penn. And if you thought she was anything remotely like Angelina Jolie in any way, wow, that's crazy talk.

I think what killed her career was she was a decent enough actress, but certainly not hot enough to be a lead. Then, after having been the straight woman in a few comedies, I guess someone decided to show she had the chops to do comedy leads, to disastrous effect in a really bad sitcom called "Almost Perfect." She was exceptionally terrible in it, reading her lines AT FULL VOLUME in a very affected voice. Perhaps she mistook the live audience at the tapings and thought she was doing a stage production without microphones, I don't know. Sharon Lawrence did the same thing to terrible effect in an NBC craptacular called "Fired Up!," which also featured Leah Remini.

The one whose career I could never understand not taking off was Annabeth Gish. Watch her in any role she's done, and tell me you don't want to hit that. Plus she can act.

I would be willing to wager a ton of cash that FB thinks Mia Sara is migh-T-fine, she has the look that seems right in his wheelhouse.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby JohnnyDamon » 21 Oct 2005, 14:52

SouthernYokel wrote:
jack_daniels wrote:what the fuck happened to Dennish Hopper's acting career.

one movie sums his career up. Speed. After that, there's nothing. He recently got some cred back (from me anyway) for Land of the dead, though.

Uhh, hello? Shooter Flatch would kick your ass for making a comment like that, Yokel.
I've grown so used to you somehow, Lord I'm nobody's sugar daddy now, and I'm lo-oo-onesome, I've got the lovesick blues.
JohnnyDamon
The Bomb Dick

Postby Big Scary Monster » 21 Oct 2005, 16:39

Whatever happened to Jean-Claude VanDamme?

Segal is fat.
Arnold is a governor.
Sly is selling out.

But what happened to the Muscles from Brussels?
Gregs Kite - Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:42 am: I bet he had an ARRGGGGGHHHHHRUGALA salad.

[Thu 12:05] jack_daniels: the big scar monster does whatever the big scary monster does. so i dont really care.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Scoring Machine » 22 Oct 2005, 11:33

He's probably living the life in Europe as a washed up actor banging washed up models....
2005 SOTSG Fantasy Baseball Champion
05-06 SOTSG Fantasy Hoops Champion
2006 SOTSG Fantasy Golf Champion

Q. How do they practice safe sex at Oregon State?
A. By placing a warning sign on the animals that kick
Scoring Machine
Etiquette Instructor

Postby nova » 23 Oct 2005, 12:26

What happened to Martin Lawrence. Based off of his performance in House Party and his show, he would have had good potential in Bad Black Movies...but he sucks so bad, BET won't even give him a straight to TV role.

:(
Jew Jitsu: It's like you guys are incompatible with each other but have to make due cause you can't pull out.
nova
Thrifty Negro

Postby Bleacher Creature » 23 Oct 2005, 19:28

nasty nova wrote:What happened to Martin Lawrence. Based off of his performance in House Party and his show, he would have had good potential in Bad Black Movies...but he sucks so bad, BET won't even give him a straight to TV role.

:(
I caught Blue Streak the other night for the 595289th time, its a pretty good movie. Its cool to see a really young Chapelle. One of the best lines from that movie, "tengo el gato mis pantolones".
Bleacher Creature
OG's sponsor

Postby PhillyJim76 » 23 Oct 2005, 19:29

Big Scary Monster wrote:Whatever happened to Jean-Claude VanDamme?

Segal is fat.
Arnold is a governor.
Sly is selling out.

But what happened to the Muscles from Brussels?

I heard Jean-Claude came down with the Hivvie.
PhillyJim76
Basketball Jesus

Next

Return to Movies