The Karate Kid

Postby Brick Tamland » 02 Oct 2007, 10:40

I also read somewhere that Jackie Chan is lined up to play Mr. Miyagi. I wish I was making this up.

ETA: this is only an acceptable idea if they have Chris Tucker signed to play the kid's dad, and even then only for so-bad-it's-good purposes.
](*,)

2012 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
2007 SOTSG Pro Football Pick'em Champeen
User avatar
Brick Tamland
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 5435
Joined: 25 Jul 2006, 12:39
Location: In an alley, killing a guy with a trident

Postby myherobobhope » 02 Oct 2007, 10:57

Brick Tamland wrote:I also read somewhere that Jackie Chan is lined up to play Mr. Miyagi. I wish I was making this up.

ETA: this is only an acceptable idea if they have Chris Tucker signed to play the kid's dad, and even then only for so-bad-it's-good purposes.


I just hope Will Smith takes a good 70s/80s song, steals the riff from it and creates the "Karate Kid Rap"...

Actually, I hope he just "re-makes" the Vanilla Ice classic "ninja rap"
Frank the Tank: If you think highly of humanity as a whole, then you're retarded. There are no exceptions to that rule.
User avatar
myherobobhope
Smartest Guy In The Room
 
Posts: 3299
Joined: 18 Jul 2007, 14:33
Location: Pretending to be a fan

Postby ChiTown » 02 Oct 2007, 17:54

You know hes working on that song as we speak
Dunking Donut - Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:06 pm: well i think i have to go soon. carry on gentlemen. stand strong, sons of maine. kings of new england, princes of the internets. dukes of the intertubes
User avatar
ChiTown
Rocky Balboa
 
Posts: 1299
Joined: 13 Aug 2006, 17:24
Location: Inner Conflict?

Postby WampaOne » 03 Oct 2007, 10:01

Who?s up for the part of Freddy Fernandez?
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
User avatar
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan
 
Posts: 2262
Joined: 07 Dec 2004, 11:23
Location: Brazil

Postby Private Zod » 09 Oct 2007, 21:40

myherobobhope wrote:http://movies.ign.com/articles/823/823413p1.html

I wish I was kidding...


I have learned not to get too worked up over remakes...if they are shit, they tend to be forgotten quickly. The Black Honeymooners, The Pink panther (with Steve Martin), The Longest Yard with Sandler...would anyone think these shitbox films could ever repalce the originals? They come out get 3 days of press and are thrown in the back of the Rental Store in the Bargin bin sections.
User avatar
Private Zod
Pink Helmet
 
Posts: 466
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 20:29
Location: Philly by way of Brooklyn

Postby Fletch » 09 Oct 2007, 22:43

Private Zod wrote:
myherobobhope wrote:http://movies.ign.com/articles/823/823413p1.html

I wish I was kidding...


I have learned not to get too worked up over remakes...if they are shit, they tend to be forgotten quickly. The Black Honeymooners, The Pink panther (with Steve Martin), The Longest Yard with Sandler...would anyone think these shitbox films could ever repalce the originals? They come out get 3 days of press and are thrown in the back of the Rental Store in the Bargin bin sections.


True. If you're gonna do a remake, remake a shitty movie or one that's long forgotten (Ocean's Eleven and 3:10 to Yuma, respectively).

Of course, I haven't seen the original O11 - just going off of what I've heard.
nasty nova wrote:I'm a meaningless piece of shit
User avatar
Fletch
The Bomb Dick
 
Posts: 7161
Joined: 30 Mar 2006, 10:19
Location: Number 2

Postby Private Zod » 10 Oct 2007, 09:03

Irwin M. Fletcher wrote:
Private Zod wrote:
myherobobhope wrote:http://movies.ign.com/articles/823/823413p1.html

I wish I was kidding...


I have learned not to get too worked up over remakes...if they are shit, they tend to be forgotten quickly. The Black Honeymooners, The Pink panther (with Steve Martin), The Longest Yard with Sandler...would anyone think these shitbox films could ever repalce the originals? They come out get 3 days of press and are thrown in the back of the Rental Store in the Bargin bin sections.


True. If you're gonna do a remake, remake a shitty movie or one that's long forgotten (Ocean's Eleven and 3:10 to Yuma, respectively).

Of course, I haven't seen the original O11 - just going off of what I've heard.


I too have never seen the orginal O11, but have heard the same thing...the remake was a lot better.
User avatar
Private Zod
Pink Helmet
 
Posts: 466
Joined: 09 Jul 2007, 20:29
Location: Philly by way of Brooklyn

Re: The Karate Kid

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 24 Aug 2015, 13:23

User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18370
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Previous

Return to Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests