Upcoming movies

Re: Upcoming movies

Postby SouthernYokel » 14 Dec 2016, 14:46

Goose wrote:
SouthernYokel wrote:i don't think i'm ready for a Nolan movie without a big twist.


Prime Bbcode Spoiler Show Prime Bbcode Spoiler:
The Nazis win.

They really do (see President Trump, Donald J.) /SJWs probably.


i mean more along the lines of Nikolai Tesla showing up in the 3rd act and making a clone of General Hugh Jackman who goes into Hitler's dreams and convinces him to accept the halt order. And then Bane does a tilt-a-whirl on him.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29838
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Upcoming movies

Postby chrisco » 03 Jan 2017, 09:52

So I seen a preview for Gold last night.

The movie is based on the Bre-X mining scandal: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bre-X. Old folks like FTT and Farva might remember how crazy a story this was. Younger folks like the Cheese would enjoy reading up on it.

Gregs and Bald should stay away.
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12238
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Upcoming movies

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 03 Jan 2017, 10:23

chrisco wrote:So I seen a preview for Gold last night.

The movie is based on the Bre-X mining scandal: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bre-X. Old folks like FTT and Farva might remember how crazy a story this was. Younger folks like the Cheese would enjoy reading up on it.

Gregs and Bald should stay away.


TL;DR
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18387
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Upcoming movies

Postby Gregs Kite » 03 Jan 2017, 10:26

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:
chrisco wrote:So I seen a preview for Gold last night.

The movie is based on the Bre-X mining scandal: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bre-X. Old folks like FTT and Farva might remember how crazy a story this was. Younger folks like the Cheese would enjoy reading up on it.

Gregs and Bald should stay away.


TL;DR


The fraud began to unravel rapidly on March 19, 1997 when Filipino Bre-X geologist Michael de Guzman committed suicide by jumping from a helicopter in Busang, Indonesia.[5][6] His body was found four days later in the jungle, mostly eaten by animals and identified from molars and a thumbprint.


I'm in!
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
User avatar
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends
 
Posts: 23769
Joined: 20 Jan 2007, 15:59
Location: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Re: Upcoming movies

Postby chrisco » 03 Jan 2017, 12:00

Gregs Kite wrote:
Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:
chrisco wrote:So I seen a preview for Gold last night.

The movie is based on the Bre-X mining scandal: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bre-X. Old folks like FTT and Farva might remember how crazy a story this was. Younger folks like the Cheese would enjoy reading up on it.

Gregs and Bald should stay away.


TL;DR


The fraud began to unravel rapidly on March 19, 1997 when Filipino Bre-X geologist Michael de Guzman committed suicide by jumping from a helicopter in Busang, Indonesia.[5][6] His body was found four days later in the jungle, mostly eaten by animals and identified from molars and a thumbprint.


I'm in!

Did he jump....or was he pushed?
BostonSucksMyBalls - Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:03 am: I listen bc ive listened for about 25 years. I need to see this stupid thing thru.
User avatar
chrisco
Madoff
 
Posts: 12238
Joined: 15 Mar 2007, 17:31

Re: Upcoming movies

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 09 Jan 2017, 13:31




Image
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
JT99 - Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:43 pm: Dude, the MAGA thread has already sabotaged the entire site
MisterTambourineMan
Now
 
Posts: 13068
Joined: 03 Sep 2006, 14:25
Location: i already told you, won't tell you again

Re: Upcoming movies

Postby Briandong79 » 09 Jan 2017, 13:46

I'm going to be so disappointed if that movie is bad.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31147
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Upcoming movies

Postby the cheese » 09 Jan 2017, 13:53

Briandong79 wrote:I'm going to be so disappointed if that movie is bad.


Like, define bad? Battleship bad? John Carter bad? The modern day Mod Squad Bad? It's not like Baywatch the TV series was the forerunner to Mad Men.

Baywatch Nights doe.
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
User avatar
the cheese
The Douche
 
Posts: 18427
Joined: 30 Apr 2006, 20:40
Location: 2nd Biggest Asshole

Re: Upcoming movies

Postby Briandong79 » 09 Jan 2017, 13:56

the cheese wrote:
Briandong79 wrote:I'm going to be so disappointed if that movie is bad.


Like, define bad? Battleship bad? John Carter bad? The modern day Mod Squad Bad? It's not like Baywatch the TV series was the forerunner to Mad Men.

Baywatch Nights doe.


Not funny and/or not an entertaining action flick.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
User avatar
Briandong79
Beep Boop
 
Posts: 31147
Joined: 28 Apr 2005, 13:35
Location: MoreCowbell's phone

Re: Upcoming movies

Postby Rodney Farva » 09 Jan 2017, 16:56

ooh, check out the rock with the salty language.

i can't stand the indian chick from quantico
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
User avatar
Rodney Farva
Your real father
 
Posts: 24986
Joined: 15 Mar 2005, 22:17

Re: Upcoming movies

Postby TheWolf » 09 Jan 2017, 16:58

Rodney Farva wrote:i can't stand the indian chick from quantico


My penis disagrees with you on this one.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
User avatar
TheWolf
Hand-Holder
 
Posts: 18437
Joined: 16 Nov 2004, 08:17
Location: Dead

Re: Upcoming movies

Postby SouthernYokel » 10 Jan 2017, 09:51

Rodney Farva wrote:ooh, check out the rock with the salty language.

i can't stand the indian chick from quantico


the way she talks is awful but that would not bother me in the least should she accidentally wander into my sex dungeon
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
User avatar
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle
 
Posts: 29838
Joined: 08 Sep 2005, 08:09

Re: Upcoming movies

Postby JT99 » 12 Jan 2017, 11:12

BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.


BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
User avatar
JT99
Between Bannings
 
Posts: 9800
Joined: 08 Apr 2012, 22:58
Location: Bluesville

Re: Upcoming movies

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 12 Jan 2017, 11:43

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit!
User avatar
Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer
 
Posts: 18387
Joined: 11 May 2007, 13:07

Re: Upcoming movies

Postby mister bacon » 03 Feb 2017, 14:31

does hollywood have a BOSTON problem?

As a Boston native, I’ve watched with fascination as the city and its surrounding region have become fixtures of popular culture ever since the elder Affleck and Matt Damon exploded onto the scene with their Oscar-winning monolith “Good Will Hunting.” That was followed by the acclaimed “Mystic River” and “The Departed,” leading to more movies set in the area. But with “The Town,” entertaining and professionally crafted as it is, it felt as though a shift had occurred, away from genuine, original characters and situations in favor of predictable Boston platitudes and banalities.

Now, we are careening full-speed toward simply having too much Boston in our filmed entertainment. The portrayal of Massachusetts’s capital city has become reductive to the point of an eye-roll. With every slow, majestic aerial shot of the city’s skyline, every feeble attempt at the accent, even the accents that are right but way over the top, it feels more like a genre unto itself, and a most uninspired one at that.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
User avatar
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides
 
Posts: 26383
Joined: 10 Dec 2004, 17:06
Location: "The Real Racist" - Greg's Kite

PreviousNext

Return to Movies

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest