Upcoming movies

Upcoming movies

Postby Briandong79 » 22 Jul 2005, 08:34

Ok, I figured this can be a thread to talk about movies that are coming out soon that you want to see or whatever.

Basically, I couldn't figure out a thread to put this in, so I thought I'd just start a new one. The uncensored version of the trailer for "The 40 Year Old Virgin" with Steve Carrell is out, and definitely looks like it could be a good one.

Probably not safe for work--profanity and a nipple
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 22 Jul 2005, 09:22

Chronicles of Narnia looks fantastic. December is going to be a great month for movies, I believe the new Harry Potsmoker is also out in December.
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Briandong79 » 22 Jul 2005, 09:27

I never have read the Narnia books, so I don't know what to expect out of them, really. I know a lot of people are pumped for them though. The previews and poster that I've seen look very much like LOTR.

The new Harry Potter comes out right around Thanksgiving, I think. It will be interesting how they adapt that long of a book into a coherent movie.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 22 Jul 2005, 09:30

The new Harry Potter comes out right around Thanksgiving, I think. It will be interesting how they adapt that long of a book into a coherent movie

Well they could do what they did with Sum of All Fears and completely change the movie into this shitty wanna be thriller that should have had a warning "Based on the title of the book Sum of All Fears." while showing a picture of Tom Clancy rubbing piles of money all over his body while giving his readers the finger. Not that I am bitter or anything.
"The Yankees have that guy (Tony) Womack playing left field," Henderson said. "If I can't play that position at least as well as he can, I'll hang up the spikes right now.'' ? Rickey Henderson.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Jul 2005, 10:25

howboutafrescahmmm wrote:
The new Harry Potter comes out right around Thanksgiving, I think. It will be interesting how they adapt that long of a book into a coherent movie

Well they could do what they did with Sum of All Fears and completely change the movie into this shitty wanna be thriller that should have had a warning "Based on the title of the book Sum of All Fears." while showing a picture of Tom Clancy rubbing piles of money all over his body while giving his readers the finger. Not that I am bitter or anything.

That's more Paramount's fault than Clancy. Paramount had the rights to the Jack Ryan character, and Clancy was ballistic with how they fucked up Clear and Present Danger. Paramount's response was "well then enjoy getting no money from us fuckwad because you can't make a Jack Ryan movie with another studio". Clancy retaliated by writing "Without Remorse", leaving Ryan out of it. Eventually they made enough peace to put together a shitty movie of Sum of All Fears, but I still blame Paramount for starting it.

Rowling actually seems to care about keeping the movie versions of her books pure. She already has so much money she's not afraid to tell Warner Bros. to go fuck themselves, and I admire that.
2015 SOTSG Fantasy Football Champion

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby jack_daniels » 22 Jul 2005, 12:27

There's nothing noteworthy besides the movies already mentioned. If they make a Usual Suspects sequel, I'll die a little on the inside.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Rickey Sez » 22 Jul 2005, 12:32

jack_daniels wrote:There's nothing noteworthy besides the movies already mentioned. If they make a Usual Suspects sequel, I'll die a little on the inside.

That's OK, _. It's what's on the outside that counts. And you have tremendous outside.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby jack_daniels » 22 Jul 2005, 12:35

Slow day huh Rickey?
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Jul 2005, 12:36

jack_daniels wrote:Slow day huh Rickey?

Slow decade, j_d?

BostonSucksMyBalls 11/2/2016: "I hate the internet. No accountability. Just a wasteland of shitheads."
Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby Big Scary Monster » 22 Jul 2005, 12:42

KAPOW! As I said before, I am stoked for "The Aristocrats" and I will definately add the Narnia movies to the list. I am interested to see how well they can adapt the new HP movie since I feel like they left way too much out of the 3rd one.

I also read somewhere that a bunch of bigwigs are going to make a movie about The Transformers. However, I think it said that Spielberg was prominently involved and given his recent track record, he probably will screw it up.
Big Scary Monster
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Frank the Tank » 22 Jul 2005, 12:50

Big Scary Monster wrote:I also read somewhere that a bunch of bigwigs are going to make a movie about The Transformers. However, I think it said that Spielberg was prominently involved and given his recent track record, he probably will screw it up.

This is correct, and it's going to be live-action from what I've heard. What value live-action will add to the Transformers is yet to be seen.

Frank the Tank
TiVo's Prophet

Postby thedudeabides » 22 Jul 2005, 12:56

Nothing will ever replace the original Transformer movie (which I saw in the theater). It would be a huge disservice to former and present transformer fans everywhere if they made a live action film or another cartoon movie for that matter.
Who wants to help me incite a liberal democratic revolution in Iran?....anyone.....anyone at all?
thedudeabides
OG's sponsor

Postby WampaOne » 22 Jul 2005, 13:30

I heard rumours (mostly a friend of mine who is a fan bitching about everything) the the new Superman will suck.

I think I saw the trailer to Narnia (I maybe confusing this with Ragnarok?, no sure)...seemed a little too Disney for me. It had two young kids with king costumes and wolves running around in the snow.

Does anyone know what happened to the rumours of Conan 3 and Iron Man (I think Tom Crazy from Scientology Cruise was supposed to play Tony Stark :cry: ). Did they ever had any rumours about Thor or I am just going crazy?

When is the third X-Men due? This one supposedly has the big robots (not sure how are they called in english, Sentinels?)

This weekend I want to see Fantastic 4 (a couple of friends reported the film is not that good), and maybe, Land of the Dead (I love all the previous ones). I am intrigued by Willy Wonka too...Where are the SOTSG reviews on those? I will check Wedding Crashers (if it comes to theares here) based solely on what you guys reported for example.

Last but not least (so much geekness, only one post, and more!). The Force.Net is reporting that they are planning to produce some Star Wars/Transformers Action Figures: For instance, Boba Fett that turns into Slave1, Darth Vader that turns into the Tie Advanced...Star Wars Transformers....hmmmmmmm.
2013 SOTSG NFL PICK 'EM Champion
2006 World Cup Fantasy Champion

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns
WampaOne
Friend of Lohan

Postby howboutafrescahmmm » 22 Jul 2005, 13:35

If you enjoy Zombie flicks than you should enjoy Land of the Dead. Some people have issues with the ending, but those people suck cock by choice.
howboutafrescahmmm
Etiquette Instructor

Postby jack_daniels » 22 Jul 2005, 13:41

Oh I want to see that new Rob Zombie movie, The Devil's Rejects. Hopefully it's as good as the trailer lets on.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Next

Return to Movies