Casting call for Sons of the Sports Guy: The Movie

Casting call for Sons of the Sports Guy: The Movie

Postby Rodney Farva » 28 May 2005, 10:22

Coming to a theater near you on December 25, 2005. A First Born Production.

Some fantastic ideas tossed about in the Movie Quotes thread, so how could it not have its own thread.

Bacon, howzabout Don Cheadle?

Parkenmoyer, didn't mean to leave you out. Put down the bottle, son (after you throw down a few more drunken posts, though). Ron Livingston?

j_d, I had a Hindi Andy Dick (if such a thing exists) in mind for you because (a) you enjoy a certain leafy controlled substance, and (b) you've been known to toss out the occasional non-sequitir.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby jack_daniels » 28 May 2005, 12:04

It's actually HindU Andy Dick, but that's ok. I have no idea what you mean by non-sequitir.

Rodney Farva should be played by the real life equivalent of the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons.
jack_daniels
Turban Legend

Postby fatty » 28 May 2005, 18:16

jack_daniels wrote:It's actually HindU Andy Dick, but that's ok. I have no idea what you mean by non-sequitir.

Rodney Farva should be played by the real life equivalent of the Comic Book Guy from the Simpsons.

"Best...casting...ever."

Nice one jd.

Anyone else thinking Harvey Firestein as tecmo? (jk big guy)
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Location: velvet bob ross knows not the physical limits of "location"

Postby clemensissatan » 28 May 2005, 20:34

I restate my question from the other thread: Any ideas to play me?
Enjoy your clams, cocksuckers.
clemensissatan
Pink Helmet

Postby firstborn » 29 May 2005, 01:43

clemensissatan wrote:I restate my question from the other thread: Any ideas to play me?

Yeah at 104 posts I think the guy who always plays "Extra #1" would be good.
firstborn
Site Admin

Postby sportsdorkhater » 29 May 2005, 01:47

firstborn wrote:
clemensissatan wrote:I restate my question from the other thread: Any ideas to play me?

the godfather has spoken . . . .too funny :lol:
sportsdorkhater
The Unicorn

Postby fatty » 29 May 2005, 02:32

firstborn wrote:

I was trying to come up with something like that. I would've gone "butch gay man #2 at the Will & Grace wedding" though. Nice touch FB. Kudos.
"I remember reading that he (Jeffrey Maier) went to a mets camp a couple years back and Tony Tarasco was there....If I was him, when no one was lookin, I'd violate him in the bathroom with a metal bat." - Tremendous_side Potential
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Rickey Sez » 29 May 2005, 02:32

I knew this thread was going to cause problems for me when I started making coffee this morning (one of the first things I do after dragging my ass out of bed) and found myself thinking "Jim Gaffigan as fatty? We can do better than that! Now what am I gonna put in my omelette? If Kevin Spacey were funny, I'd totally put him up for Frank the Tank. Who the hell drank all my juice? Firstborn, I'm seeing... what's his name... the dark haired guy from Freaks and Geeks and Spider Man. Is this milk expired? Wolf... who the hell is gonna play Wolf? I have no clue. And does Darth Vader count as an actor? Cuz I would totally cast Darth Vader as SDH. Damn, I need to shave."

(go read SDH's posts in the Darth Vader voice. It's a good time.)

If we can turn the Napoleon Dynamite guy into a "brown person" (as he likes to call himself) then he gets the j_d part.

Farva -- Ron Jeremy

The girls are tough... I'm not even going to attempt that at this stage in the night.

Bacon -- Paul Mooney

Tecmo Bo -- John Travolta on Greenies

Fresca -- Charlie Sheen, when he gets to his "I'm so strung out I'm buyin' my bitches at the Dunkin' Donuts" stage of his career.

all right, i'm stopping. bed time.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby fatty » 29 May 2005, 02:37

Rickey Sez wrote:Fresca -- Charlie Sheen, when he gets to his "I'm so strung out I'm buyin' my bitches at the Dunkin' Donuts" stage of his career.

Gets to? I believe you're thinking of "Men at Work".[/i]
fatty
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Rodney Farva » 29 May 2005, 09:59

Rickey Sez wrote:I knew this thread was going to cause problems for me when I started making coffee this morning (one of the first things I do after dragging my ass out of bed) and found myself thinking "Jim Gaffigan as fatty? We can do better than that! Now what am I gonna put in my omelette? If Kevin Spacey were funny, I'd totally put him up for Frank the Tank. Who the hell drank all my juice? Firstborn, I'm seeing... what's his name... the dark haired guy from Freaks and Geeks and Spider Man. Is this milk expired? Wolf... who the hell is gonna play Wolf? I have no clue. And does Darth Vader count as an actor? Cuz I would totally cast Darth Vader as SDH. Damn, I need to shave."

(go read SDH's posts in the Darth Vader voice. It's a good time.)

If we can turn the Napoleon Dynamite guy into a "brown person" (as he likes to call himself) then he gets the j_d part.

Farva -- Ron Jeremy

The girls are tough... I'm not even going to attempt that at this stage in the night.

Bacon -- Paul Mooney

Tecmo Bo -- John Travolta on Greenies

Fresca -- Charlie Sheen, when he gets to his "I'm so strung out I'm buyin' my bitches at the Dunkin' Donuts" stage of his career.

all right, i'm stopping. bed time.

The fact that you've associated me with the hedgehog is, quite frankly, one of the scariest things I've come across. In my life. Can we go back to the comic book shop guy from The Simposons? Just put more hair on top and ditch the ponytail? Please?
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby thedudeabides » 29 May 2005, 11:46

I've got over 700 posts. Can't I get some casting love here?
I'm thinking, Jerry Stiller.......
Who wants to help me incite a liberal democratic revolution in Iran?....anyone.....anyone at all?
thedudeabides
OG's sponsor

Postby mister bacon » 29 May 2005, 11:56

fatty wrote:
Rickey Sez wrote:Fresca -- Charlie Sheen, when he gets to his "I'm so strung out I'm buyin' my bitches at the Dunkin' Donuts" stage of his career.

Gets to? I believe you're thinking of "Men at Work".

Love that movie. Good stuff.

And also, Rickey.. Paul Mooney might be the perfect choice for me. His behvaior is most similar to my own.

And the Scoring Machine needs to be played by John Goodman reprising his role as Walter Sopchek.. especially given his line of work. (though John would need to lose a few lbs).
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby TheDooze » 29 May 2005, 16:21

Personally, I'd like Ben Affleck. Because he's weird and bizarre...and part of Red Sox Nation, like it or not.
TheDooze
Smartest Guy In The Room

Postby Rickey Sez » 29 May 2005, 16:28

TheDooze wrote:Personally, I'd like Ben Affleck. Because he's weird and bizarre...and part of Red Sox Nation, like it or not.

check please!

Be careful Dooze. You're entering a world of pain.
I'd like to see a pair of boobs that would prompt me to write home. Maybe Scarlett Johannson level quality? "Dear Mom and Dad, I saw an awesome rack today. They were perfect. Everything else is fine. Love, BD79."
Rickey Sez
( O )( O )

Postby TheDooze » 29 May 2005, 16:30

How so?
TheDooze
Smartest Guy In The Room

Next

Return to Movies