Movies You've Seen Recently

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby mister bacon » 04 Dec 2017, 08:21

Dthefritz wrote:
chrisco wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
chrisco wrote:Caught maybe the last half or two thirds of The Good Shepard again. Yuge cast, some good lines, I like this one a lot, but its definitely too slow a burn. Maybe they should have called it When Wasps Were Sorta Interesting.

Turturro and whoever played Matt Damon's Russian counterpart are treemendous in this.

Also catz on Matt Damon liking the dull girls with hearing aids instead of Angelina Jolie.

The movie blows ass. But...having gone to school with these people, this scene is poignant AF and 100% accurate down to the present day:

That line, the one about living with a ghost, and Ulysses telling him that his silence is deafening are the good lines in here. Blows ass is too strong a taek, but DeNiro is no Affleck when it comes to directing. Now excuse me while I track down the last quarter of the Island of Dr Moreau and say good things about that.

OK blows ass is too STONG. It's still shoddy edited and overlong and clunky. It has its moment, but I still stand by my chosen clip as the highpoint.

leave it to the dagos to make a movie about WASPS interesting.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Deacon » 06 Dec 2017, 10:06

I've seen What Happened to Monday recently. It's a dystopian sci-fi movie with kind of an interesting plot. I'd recommend it to the people who are interested to the genre.
Deacon
Doug Christie

Postby mister bacon » 06 Dec 2017, 15:38

Deacon wrote:I've seen What Happened to Monday recently. It's a dystopian sci-fi movie with kind of an interesting plot. I'd recommend it to the people who are interested to the genre.

welcome aboard.

I enjoyed it too. I did a preview of it in this thread. very well acted.

as promised for ball here is my preview of the l.a. riots documentary. it's called let it fall.

it starts the story of the riots back in the late 70s/ early 80s with police training and the ascension of Daryl Gates. runs through a years of tension between the various communities of l.a. before "motorist" rodney king gets his ass whooped on camera. I've seen like four or five docs about this topic and I think this did the best job of letting people speak in their own words, a lot like the oj doc did.

I don't think it's the best one I've ever seen tho. I saw one hosted by ice t that was incredible. it talks about all the guys recording the classic album the Chronic taking a break off from recording to go down and join the riot. this isn't as good as that one but it's absolutely worth watching for everyone except kite/incogbeetus. strong recommendation.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby JT99 » 07 Dec 2017, 09:44

Deacon wrote:I've seen What Happened to Monday recently. It's a dystopian sci-fi movie with kind of an interesting plot. I'd recommend it to the people who are interested to the genre.

Good looking out, Deac.

Welcome aboard!
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Postby Gregs Kite » 07 Dec 2017, 09:47

JT99 wrote:

Good looking out, Deac.

Welcome aboard!

Seconded! And I won't bury your review by posting my own review, but instead will invite you to explore the threads, let us know what you had for lunch, and your favorite pizza chain!
Apr 22, 2015 3:49 pm Clayton Bigsby i enjoy sports

Magnum - Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:36 pm: perhaps my reaction was built up greg hatred finally coming through. fuck that guy.

Frank the Tank wrote:If I die I leave my red font to Kite.
Gregs Kite
Friend of Friends

Postby SouthernYokel » 09 Dec 2017, 14:49

Saw Coco. Cried like a bitch. It's a very good movie. Fuck you Pixar.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby mj3528 » 11 Dec 2017, 13:01

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri. outstanding, can't recommend this enough. the writer/director also did In Bruges. frances mcdormand should get an oscar for this.

I'd read mixed things, good to hear. The trailers made this look pretty good.

I don't know. Somehow I found this movie kind of boring. I think I actually fell asleep in the theater. I expected more.
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
#QM

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 11 Dec 2017, 13:10

mj3528 wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri. outstanding, can't recommend this enough. the writer/director also did In Bruges. frances mcdormand should get an oscar for this.

I don't know. Somehow I found this movie kind of boring. I think I actually fell asleep in the theater. I expected more.

Exhausted from all that ex-wife/soon-to-be wife sex then laying awake wondering how you'll reconcile yourself to her suicide?
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby TheWolf » 11 Dec 2017, 13:12

mj3528 wrote:

I fall asleep in the theater all the time. It doesn't matter how good or bad the movie is, that place makes me tired.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Rodney Farva » 11 Dec 2017, 17:19

Darkest Hour. 2 hours of a good Winston Churchill imitation, nothing more. Not worth your time unless Dunkirk gave you a WWII history boner you can’t get rid of.
You coin contrarian bro and say shit nonsense like this.
Rodney Farva
Your real father

Postby mister bacon » 11 Dec 2017, 20:10

Rodney Farva wrote:Darkest Hour. 2 hours of a good Winston Churchill imitation, nothing more. Not worth your time unless Dunkirk gave you a WWII history boner you can’t get rid of.

i think i'm done with ww2 movies from the western European perspective. give me something about the African or Pacific theatre and i'll still be curious.

mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Dthefritz » 11 Dec 2017, 21:20

mister bacon wrote:
Rodney Farva wrote:Darkest Hour. 2 hours of a good Winston Churchill imitation, nothing more. Not worth your time unless Dunkirk gave you a WWII history boner you can’t get rid of.

i think i'm done with ww2 movies from the western European perspective. give me something about the African or Pacific theatre and i'll still be curious.

There's a shitload of movies about the Pacific. This is nonsense.
Dthefritz
tl;dr

Postby The Long Dick of the Law » 12 Dec 2017, 07:51

Dthefritz wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

Also The Pacific is amazeballs.

I would like HBO or someone to adapt this trilogy.
mister bacon love watching soccer. baseball is about as exciting as scratching my balls.
MisterTambourineMan you're not scratching your balls right, then.
The Long Dick of the Law
TRU Patriot

Postby Briandong79 » 12 Dec 2017, 09:19

I can't believe that's Oldman as Churchhill though. Crazy.

I watched Rewatchables HOF movie 48 Hours last night. I legit don't think I've seen it all the way through. Solid 1 1/2 hours. I somehow kept my head down and plowed through the racism. Lots of Warriors guys. Apparently Luther from The Warriors can only play guys named Luther. Also, Mike from Breaking Bad! Pretty excited to see him pop up. Anyhow, would recommend.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby SouthernYokel » 12 Dec 2017, 09:26

The Long Dick of the Law wrote:
Dthefritz wrote:
mister bacon wrote:

Also The Pacific is amazeballs.

I would like HBO or someone to adapt this trilogy.

I hated The Pacific. Ok that's too strong, but i didn't love it like i expected to. With all due respect, i don't give one flying fuck about the homefront experience. Realistically depict Guadalcanal for me so i can see how insane my grandfather was. thank you.
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

PreviousNext

Return to Movies