Movies You've Seen Recently

Re: Movies You've Seen Recently

Postby the cheese » 12 Oct 2017, 13:21

mister bacon wrote:I had a doctor's appointment today and have the rest of the day off. I decided to watch Constantine for some reason on HBOGo. it's about a guy trying to work his way out of damnation who pairs up with a psychic detective to stop the son of the devil from being born. it stars Keanu Reaves, sotsg-famous tilda swinton and shy the beef. powerful haunting great way to kick off my October horror viewing season. strong recommend to everyone who isn't a snatch, so stay away bald.

Keanu loves him some movies about the anti Christ
Clayton Bigsby - Wed May 23, 2012 2:55 pm: i'd rather live with a guy who's kind of annoying but a nice guy than a guy who's kind of annoying and a dick
the cheese
The Douche

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 12 Oct 2017, 13:21

mister bacon wrote:I had a doctor's appointment today and have the rest of the day off. I decided to watch Constantine for some reason. it's about a guy trying to work his way out of hell who pairs up with a psychic detective to stop the son of the devil from being born. it stars Keanu Reaves, sotsg-famous tilda swinton and shy the beef. powerful haunting great way to kick off my October horror viewing season. strong recommend to everyone who isn't a snatch, so stay away bald.

The scene with Satan is badass on several levels.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby SouthernYokel » 12 Oct 2017, 13:30

MisterTambourineMan wrote:
mister bacon wrote:I had a doctor's appointment today and have the rest of the day off. I decided to watch Constantine for some reason. it's about a guy trying to work his way out of hell who pairs up with a psychic detective to stop the son of the devil from being born. it stars Keanu Reaves, sotsg-famous tilda swinton and shy the beef. powerful haunting great way to kick off my October horror viewing season. strong recommend to everyone who isn't a snatch, so stay away bald.

i must have watched a different movie called Constantine with keanu reeves than you guys did because the one i saw was bad
JT99 wrote:imagine working your entire board life on being a guy investigating every nook and cranny of others' sexual lives only to have some drunken baboon stumble into the r&t jackpot
SouthernYokel
Hank the Hangover Turtle

Postby MisterTambourineMan » 12 Oct 2017, 13:32

SouthernYokel wrote:

i must have watched a different movie called Constantine with keanu reeves than you guys did because the one i saw was bad

Oh, I didn't say it wasn't bad.
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:44 am SouthernYokel you can talk about whatever inane thing you want to if you can do it without being a dick
MisterTambourineMan
Now

Postby mister bacon » 12 Oct 2017, 13:41

SouthernYokel wrote:

it's bad film but s great horror movie.
2006 SOTSG ESPN March Madness Tourney Challenge Champion
2010 SOTSG NFL Pick 'Em Champion

mj3528 wrote: I hate panhandlers with dogs. I feel so bad for the dog.

ctz31 - Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:30 pm: I'm gonna win a chip w romo. I'm done w blacks. No offense
mister bacon
Black on Both Sides

Postby Iron Mike Sharpe » 15 Oct 2017, 11:39

mj3528 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Mississippi Grind - a good Ryan Reynolds movie, take that Simmons! Ben Mendelsohn (who?) was damn good too as the degenerate gambling fuckhead. Highly recommend.

I had wanted to see this for a while. I was supposed to see it at Sundance, but plans feel through because woman.

I enjoyed it, but felt like it could have been better, although I am not sure how.

I would rate it a Jike goes to Vegas post

Watched this this morning. There was a lot to like about it, but the third act was a mess. Also, these guys are gamblers who pick their dogs/horses just by name? C'mon, any real gambler reads the racing form and makes their decision that way.

A guy I play regularly with consulted with the writers of the movie and gave them a bunch of poker stories he had heard over the years as background. They then cast him as an extra. He's the guy with the bow tie on the riverboat in STL that bluffs all of his money off to Gerry.

Iron Mike Sharpe
Full of good cheer

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 16 Oct 2017, 09:12

Watched a film on Sat called The House, starring Will Ferrell and "Poehler" /Seth Myers and Ike Barinholtz.

It got awesome reviews. 17%/38% Rotten Tomatoes.

Here is what one critic wrote:
The House” might be mistaken for a genial, silly movie about nice people making questionable decisions. Instead, it is a dark, startlingly bloody journey into the bitter, empty, broken heart of the American middle class, a blend of farce and satire built on a foundation of social despair.

Dude, stop smelling your own farts. The movie was fine, and not depressing. It was just dumb humor. I enjoyed it. Rated R too, so they talk like normal people. 31 would hate it. But I think wolf and Gary would probably chuckle a decent amount of time.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby ctz31 » 16 Oct 2017, 09:42

Iron Mike Sharpe wrote:
mj3528 wrote:
MisterTambourineMan wrote:Mississippi Grind - a good Ryan Reynolds movie, take that Simmons! Ben Mendelsohn (who?) was damn good too as the degenerate gambling fuckhead. Highly recommend.

I had wanted to see this for a while. I was supposed to see it at Sundance, but plans feel through because woman.

I enjoyed it, but felt like it could have been better, although I am not sure how.

I would rate it a Jike goes to Vegas post

Watched this this morning. There was a lot to like about it, but the third act was a mess. Also, these guys are gamblers who pick their dogs/horses just by name? C'mon, any real gambler reads the racing form and makes their decision that way.

A guy I play regularly with consulted with the writers of the movie and gave them a bunch of poker stories he had heard over the years as background. They then cast him as an extra. He's the guy with the bow tie on the riverboat in STL that bluffs all of his money off to Gerry.

Paul Harris? Keepin an eye on him for a burgeoning NBA career!

ctz31
Witty Rank TBD

Postby mj3528 » 16 Oct 2017, 09:46

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Watched a film on Sat called The House, starring Will Ferrell and "Poehler" /Seth Myers and Ike Barinholtz.

The House” might be mistaken for a genial, silly movie about nice people making questionable decisions. Instead, it is a dark, startlingly bloody journey into the bitter, empty, broken heart of the American middle class, a blend of farce and satire built on a foundation of social despair.

Dude, stop smelling your own farts. The movie was fine, and not depressing. It was just dumb humor. I enjoyed it. Rated R too, so they talk like normal people. 31 would hate it. But I think wolf and Gary would probably chuckle a decent amount of time.

I remember seeing the trailer for this movie in a theatre, and thinking it looked funny. Then nearly every review was bad and so I didn't feel like seeing it. Now that bsmb likes it, I agree with my decision
2009 NFL Pick 'em Champion
SOTSG Fantasy Basketball (Almost Entirely) 2012 Champion
2015 SOTSG NFL Survivor Champion, Part 2
2015 SOTSG Death Pool Co-Champion
2017 SOTSG Fantasy Basketball Champion
mj3528
Never Forgotten

Postby TheWolf » 16 Oct 2017, 09:55

mj3528 wrote:
BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:Watched a film on Sat called The House, starring Will Ferrell and "Poehler" /Seth Myers and Ike Barinholtz.

I remember seeing the trailer for this movie in a theatre, and thinking it looked funny. Then nearly every review was bad and so I didn't feel like seeing it. Now that bsmb likes it, I agree with my decision

Bald fake hates everything, but I think he has OK taste in comedic films most of the time. I might check this one out on his rec.
"our kayaking guy sucked and came last"
- SGSW
TheWolf
Hand-Holder

Postby Briandong79 » 16 Oct 2017, 09:57

TheWolf wrote:
mj3528 wrote:

Bald fake hates everything, but I think he has OK taste in comedic films most of the time. I might check this one out on his rec.

I feel like he generally hates Ferrell and Poehler, so I am more intrigued based on the rec.
PhillyJim76 - Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:20 am: X?I wrote a disturbing clueless fan fiction story that got me in hot water in college
Briandong79
Beep Boop

Postby BostonSucksMyBalls » 16 Oct 2017, 10:18

I like Will Ferrell most of the time.

Most anticipated film of the year for me is Daddy's Home 2. The trailers are hilarious.

Pohler just sucks as a Stern interview bc she's a big phony baloney. She's OK when her lines are written for her.
PS: I will never like July 27th. It will always be the day Reggie died. I just hate this day. True Celtic fans know what I mean.

"i'm relatively confident her asshole" - Farva
BostonSucksMyBalls
Work Creep

Postby JT99 » 18 Oct 2017, 10:19

Watched "The Babysitter" on the 'flix last night.

How they describe it:

"When Cole stays up past his bedtime, he discovers that his hot babysitter is part of a satanic cult that will stop at nothing to keep him quiet"

How I describe it:

85 minutes of fun.
Sadly, no nudie.
Hot Lesbian kiss.
Mindless fun.

Rating: 9.5/10 so hard rec for 31 and balls, if he has time to watch it
BigJohnStudd wrote:The original Annie movie from the 80s has a lot of panty shots for a PG rated kids film.

BostonSucksMyBalls wrote:26 Jan 2017 10:53: need the D
JT99
Between Bannings

Previous

Return to Movies